PDA

View Full Version : Mission 14; First Playthrough

Painkiller4500
12-15-2009, 11:23 PM
so i've been stuck on mission 14 for awhile now, and its only my first playthrough! my general strategy has been to just level up my guys but its taking an eternity. there all at level 25 right now with my main healer at level 23, idk if getting them higher will matter. im just not much of a tactician and regret i put this disc in my drive. ive looked at the tips for the 2nd playthrough but they arent extremely helpful because i dont have the satelite weapons yet. should i stay back or go to the right side, should i go with heavy or light armor, things like that. so if anyone has any good tips on what to do id be very grateful.

Creech
12-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Stay at the starting location with a sniper on #4 and #3. Use #5 as healer standing behind the line (there is a section only 3 wide, use that area to stand in). Put #1 with a long range cannon in the front line, but primarily use him as a healer and support fire. I put the highest damage pile driver on #2 and kept him behind the line, with haste every turn, and if anyone got close to the front line I would jump him out to flank them, and then back behind the line to heal.

Definitely important to have First Aid active on your engineer and all the healing bonuses you have unlocked on your commander and engineer. I found the wide area heal+ to be better than the heal+, even though it heals less, because I didn't have to worry about access, I could always reach all of my zoids.

Just camp out and let them come at you. Save your EMPs for when they can hit 3 or more enemies. The exception is that if you have a full 3 shots and at least two targets, feel free to use. Also, if they are at a range of 1 and you are hurt, use the EMP to avoid the return fire and try to kill the one in close.

Took me two tries using this approach, and the first time I made a bonehead move with my commander and they got behind the line.

Painkiller4500
12-16-2009, 12:08 AM
thanks dude! haha im gonna try this out straight away, wish me luck.

Creech
12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
thanks dude! haha im gonna try this out straight away, wish me luck.

Good luck. Make sure you put heavy armor on your front line, and light armor on #2.

Edit: I switched Zoid #2 and Zoid #4 in my head on the above post, so I am going to fix it. #2 is the fast one with the dash ability, so he gets the pile driver.

Painkiller4500
12-16-2009, 12:43 AM
alright this is working really well compared to what i was doing before but im still gonna need a few more tries i guess haha. im killing enemies much quicker now though, and it seems like the emp's are more plentiful as well. i have to get on another game for a bit but im very confident i can get passed this level by the time i go to bed tonight. so yeah dude your advice is very helpful, thanks again

edit: IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! man that took forever haha. thanks so much again dude, i felt like i was going to be stuck on this mission forever. it mustve been my 6th or 7th try but it your strategy really worked great. after the one part at the beginning where i was nearly overwelmed it was smooth sailing, well the healers at the end were sort of annoying but i finished with all 5 of my guys. 1k here i come!