PDA

View Full Version : Master of Disguise Glitched?

knightdedede
12-16-2009, 05:39 AM
I've been aiming towards the Master of Disguise achievement for a while now. Every frustrating mission after the other, someone goes wrong or I did something wrong. This time I attempted the achievement during Bryman's "Dark Reign" mission. This is the one where you go around the rooftops to seven radios and have to hack them before a thunderstorm ends. After retrying the mission about six times I finally completed it fully stealth, never losing my disguise. Once the mission ends, no achievement. It IS a story mission. I don't see what I did wrong. I started the mission (talking to Bryman) in disguise and I ended it in that very uniform. Could the failed attempts be the problem? I did kill a few soldiers, to no one's alarm. Maybe that's it? Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

neeker75
12-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Once you retry, you won't get the achievement.

I got it by doing a racing mission. Stole a uniform, headed for the race, won it and it unlocked.

acurate bob
12-16-2009, 12:51 PM
theres a mission to simply take Skylar in her car to the northwest. Just dop that one when you in uniform and you wont even fire a bullet, or you could just do a race.

formula
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Once you retry, you won't get the achievement.

Not true, I got the achievement on a rety of a mission. The first mission I did in disguise was an easy one where you follow a general who is meeting someone but the bar turned yellow so I don't think they are allowed to get suspicious, it has to be completely disguised.

pikeyjustnickit
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
where do u find the races

ThePumpkinKing
12-16-2009, 04:12 PM
The word "glitched" is ridiculously overused on this site. Most commonly when people can't unlock an achievement, they blame it on a glitch.

There are several ways to unlock this achievement. You're just not doing any of them right.

More trying, less posting.

knightdedede
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
The word "glitched" is ridiculously overused on this site. Most commonly when people can't unlock an achievement, they blame it on a glitch.

There are several ways to unlock this achievement. You're just not doing any of them right.

More trying, less posting.

It seems theres one of these guys in every thread in every forum.

I got the achievement. I decided to do it the easy way and waited for the Country Race 2.

neeker75
12-17-2009, 02:28 AM
...I don't think they are allowed to get suspicious, it has to be completely disguised.

Hmm... but this is not true too. When I was doing the racing mission leading to the achievement, I had yellow on when drifting the car with Nazis around, twice.

ThatRuddyGuy
12-18-2009, 01:59 AM
For me all I had to do was get a disguise BEFORE starting the mission, then keep that disguise the entire time and it popped. This was after a few failed attempts trying other methods.

DENAz666
12-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Yep thats the common problem, make sure you have the disguise BEFORE you start the mission, and retries will USUALLY stuff up the acheivment, but some missions like the first one, seem to allow you a retry with the disguise.

As stated above, do it in a race, its too easy

ThePumpkinKing
01-04-2010, 07:31 AM

What kind of guy would that be? The kind that can't stand it when people like yourself are not doing something right, so you just go and blame it on the game?

Because seriously, it's ridiculous how often the word "glitch" is used on this site in association with an achievement not unlocking. Granted, there are times when glitches are to blame. But those times are few and far between the times when people just aren't paying enough attention to what they're supposed to be doing. Or aren't trying hard enough.

Not trying to be a dick, or maybe I am.... But that shit drives me bonkers. Because as opposed to actually searching for answers and attempting to figure it out for themselves, more people than not tend to just create a completely useless thread with the word "glitch" in the title just to whine about how an achievement isn't unlocking for them.

ZYM
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
where do u find the races

They will pop up as you progress through the game, you get a note from Skylar saying there are some races . . .

chuckboy27
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey,

In the beginning he posted "glitch" but also asked if he was doing something wrong, so he was doing research into what maybe he needed to do differently. I had the same question, and I'm glad he asked. I do agree that the word glitch is tossed around often, but 1) he didn't totally just blame a "glitch" and the last Pandemic Game with EA (Mercenaries 2) was totally riddled with glitched achievements, so why not consider this game would be the same?

Trammel
01-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Thread like these are far from useless or pointless. This site services about 90% of my achievement needs and it is threads like these that I gather a vast amount of information on practically any subject. To be honest, I think one can justify why the original poster would start a thread like this. If you read the road map you will see that there are possibly four miss able achievements for this game and this just happens to be one of them. It is perfectly normal if one is trying to unlock something and everything seems to be going wrong to ask a question. It is naive to think that every post on any website is going to be 100% super informative and illuminating.

On the other hand, I do agree that the word "glitched" is far too used on this website. Practically anything is referenced as a glitch and it is just not practical to call everything the same thing. The way I see it a glitch is something a player does to force the game to behave in an unintentional way. A bug is something that is happening or not happening in a game that is the fault of code. Finally, there is the issue of exploiting game mechanics by LOS (length of sight), AI manipulation, duping, farming, etc. The vast majority of the time people refer to all of these things as a glitch. That is just giving that word way too much credit and not accurately describing the method.

its delicious
01-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Not true, I got the achievement on a rety of a mission. The first mission I did in disguise was an easy one where you follow a general who is meeting someone but the bar turned yellow so I don't think they are allowed to get suspicious, it has to be completely disguised.

Thirty Pieces of Lead is the name of that mission.

Start that mission in a new Nazi uniform. Wait for the General to start talking with the informant. While he's talking, walk up from behind in disguise (by holding down :lbbut:).

You just earned Trick or Treat. [Edit: Actually, you might not. The achievement may be specific to the freeplay Generals, so even though the general in this mission is a general, he's not a general, generally speaking.]

Change into the General's uniform. Walk up and stealth kill the informant. Master of Disguise and No Witnesses should unlock.

Ba-da bing!

PwcrLinux
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Before go into WI mission (black icon), better grab disguise it and then go to WI icon for mission to destory the power convertor and rocket in north countryside (barbed wires area). I killed the every nazis in the distance by slienced gun and plant the bomb or dymanites every transformers and rocket, I got Master of Disguise popped up.

hype
01-18-2010, 12:24 AM

I got the achievement. I decided to do it the easy way and waited for the Country Race 2.

what...one of the angry/dickheadish "i know everything about this game" fuckfaces who always comment when it's not necessary?

yeah, there's one in every forum.

hype
01-18-2010, 12:31 AM
What kind of guy would that be? The kind that can't stand it when people like yourself are not doing something right, so you just go and blame it on the game?

Because seriously, it's ridiculous how often the word "glitch" is used on this site in association with an achievement not unlocking. Granted, there are times when glitches are to blame. But those times are few and far between the times when people just aren't paying enough attention to what they're supposed to be doing. Or aren't trying hard enough.

Not trying to be a dick, or maybe I am.... But that shit drives me bonkers. Because as opposed to actually searching for answers and attempting to figure it out for themselves, more people than not tend to just create a completely useless thread with the word "glitch" in the title just to whine about how an achievement isn't unlocking for them.

u stupid fuck...HE ASKED, yanno...in the form of a question...if it was glitched. notice the question mark at the end of the title. nobody gives a fuck what drives u bonkers. also nobody asked u to read and/or comment on the post...u chose to do so on your own, therefore pissing yourself off.

i swear i hate pricks like yourself...like why the fuck do u even log on if you're gonna be negative about shit -n- not offer additional advice for someone who might not understand why it doesn't work for them? ...fuckin wastes of bandwidth kill me...