PDA

View Full Version : Using safeties in Quick Draw (I just got it)

Ghost Theta
12-17-2009, 03:52 AM
I just got it, heres how:

My streak started with 1 safety, then I got 3 instant answers correct in a row, so i got another safety. The next 2 questions I wasn't sure, so I guessed randomly but instantly and then used my safeties on each. On both of those questions my original guess was correct. I assumed I still needed 3 more instant answers correct because of info. saying you can skip a question and still get the achievement as long as you get 6. I got the next one instantly correct, thinking I had 2 more to go, but the achievement popped up.

In short, I now know for a fact safeties can be used towards your 6x streak of instant answers, so long as you answered the question correctly and instantly in the first place.

That basically means safeties are pointless in trying to obtain 'Quick Draw', unless the original theory is correct (that you can use a safety in the middle of your 6x streak, as long you do so instantly and still answer 6 right) which I am starting to think is not correct.

CWJets87
12-17-2009, 04:27 AM
thank you so much for clearing it up for us.

TemporalWizard
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I had a similar experience. I just got the achievement on Tuesday and I used safeties for the 3rd and 6th questions in that run, but I guessed correctly and instantly both times.

Muckrak3r
12-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Okay I just got Quick Draw and here is how I did it:

Got 5 instants in a row, correct, without using a safety. On the 6th question I didn't know the answer, and used a safety and got it WRONG.

On the 7th question, I knew it and got it instantly and Quick Draw unlocked.

steroyle
12-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Finally got this achievement last night to get 200/200.

If anyone is haven't trouble and doesn't mind cheating a little try the following:

Wait until there is a "Figure Me Out" quiz and join it early before it starts so you can get the first 6 questions which will be the easiest.

Have 1 person use a calculator to work out the sum as soon as the question is shown (most the time this isn't need) and other person using the controller to answer although if your pro you could do both. Im not pro so needed help from my wife.

It really helps if you have worked out the answer in your head/calculator before any of the answers are shown this way you can spam the correct answer as soon as you see it appear, getting you the instant answer bonus.

Just do this for the first 6 questions and you have your achievement.

Dark Umbra
12-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Damn it. I got 5 instant answers in a row, but the 6th question was retarded and I messed up.

unkled20
12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
I can also confirm that this worked for me. I got 3 instant answers in a row, used a safety and then got 3 more instant answers in a row.

NeoJedi Knight
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I also can confirm that you can use a safety to extend your chances to get Quick Draw. I got 2 instant answers, used a safety with out guessing the third question and then got the next 4 with instant answers. Achievement unlocked!

mentaljason
01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
I ended up using safety on questions 4 and 6 when i had no idea but i had mashed B for the instant answer and they both turned out right so i got the achievement after the 6th question even though i used safety

RisingRawr
01-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Well I got three safeties and tried your method but didn't work. I'm going to assume that your initial answer needs to be right.

hobbes8548
01-27-2010, 05:27 AM
I can also confirm that safeties help you extend your streak. I got 3 right, used 2 safeties (got them wrong), and got the next 3 right. Achievement unlocked!

Curtieson
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
This achievement is so piss poor worded though...i thought last night "I will just take the hit...and play a round and instantly press B 6 straight times. Well, on question 20, I figured I couldn't be slow THAT often and thought I was always seeing the Bolt+Lock...so I really started to look at the "instant" part later (with the bonus points) and I saw if I got it wrong it added a second...WTF? Why doesn't it just say "correctly" in the description....

Ohwell...need to get a party full of people and play a LIVE round. If anyone is getting a group together for the round tonight...let me know