PDA

View Full Version : Can I play before seeing the movie?

Krisko Disko
12-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm just curious if I should watch the movie before playing the game to get the full experience.

True Marvellous
12-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Ive not seen the movie but other than a brief cameo by Sigourney Weaver, the game from what Ive read is unconnected to the movie.

BonkMeisterXXL
12-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Hell yeah. I already read an article about the game in a magazine here before I watched the movie and yesterday I watched a video on Xbox Live with an interview with the script writer of this game.

The game takes place 2 years before the movie. The scriptwriter of the game chose for this, so people can play the game, fully enjoying it, without spoiling anything about the movie at all.

So far I'm busy with the second level in the Game and I already start to see connections with the movie. In the game they are mentioning about some big plans in the future on Pandora and the movie shows these plans.

You really do got a little of the same feeling as the movie, with the whole ecosystem, solarsystem, etc of Pandora, the Na'Vi and RDA, but no matter on what television you play it (havent seen it on 3d though), the movie in cinema's at 3D will own the visual side so hard.

The characters in the game aren't similar to the ones in the movie, except that I saw Sigourney Weaver (head of the avatar program) in the game. And the RDA boat and buggy isn't featured in the movie.

So to answer your question, yes, you can play the game before the movie. They made the game on purpose the way you can see it before watching the movie without spoiling it.

I started playing the game after I watched the movie, which is possible, but the game basically is a prequel to the movie, so it would be even better to play the game before watching the movie.

Spoony Bard
12-21-2009, 11:16 PM
The characters in the game aren't similar to the ones in the movie, except that I saw Sigourney Weaver (head of the avatar program) in the game.

Colonal Quaritch is in the game, as well as Trudy Chaco (who's even voiced by Michelle Rodriguez).

As Bonk pointed out, the game is set prior to the film so there's no real conflict. Playing the game first can actually offer some insights into the movie through the Pandorapedia--it was nice being able to answer my friends questions regarding the RDA vehicles not having ejector seats and other small details.

Venomized
12-22-2009, 03:19 AM
Colonal Quaritch is in the game, as well as Trudy Chaco (who's even voiced by Michelle Rodriguez).

As Bonk pointed out, the game is set prior to the film so there's no real conflict. Playing the game first can actually offer some insights into the movie through the Pandorapedia--it was nice being able to answer my friends questions regarding the RDA vehicles not having ejector seats and other small details.

I think that having this Game prior to the film was a very smart idea.

1_Hit_Killer
12-22-2009, 05:27 AM
I still think playing this before watching the movie, kinda takes away from the experience that you'll get from the film because everything will be new and fresh to you and that plays a big part in enjoyment of the movie imo.

Venomized
12-22-2009, 07:10 AM
I still think playing this before watching the movie, kinda takes away from the experience that you'll get from the film because everything will be new and fresh to you and that plays a big part in enjoyment of the movie imo.

i have yet to play single player. Ill keep that in mind. I plan on seeing the movie on the 24th. Shouldnt take too much experience away.

Tidus755
12-22-2009, 07:14 AM

Very good point. Plus, even though I haven't played the game, I've watched some gameplay videos and I think I've had more fun with the movie than I *think* I would have with this game.