PDA

View Full Version : Big middle finger to this game!

TheFalcon
12-20-2009, 02:31 AM
this is a warning to those thinking this is an easy 1000. it's NOT, it's a giant pain in the ASS. i followed the guide to a T and nothing is working properly. even with all my player's stats maxed out they still hit like girls, only managing 1 home run in 5 innings. the bunt trick does NOT work, you miss almost every time and it hardly hits the ball out of the infield.

the controls are beyond confusing. even after i figured out how to change the batting controls to classic (it's unplayable if you don't), i still can't do much else. my guys just refuse to steal bases even though i do exactly as the control menu says to do. the pitching was fine, my guy was striking guys out left and right. when the 5th running came up (3 more outs for the 15 strike out achievement) my game freezes! i spent over an hour editing stats, entering cheats, playing with the menus, deciphering the shitty controls, just for this piece of shit to freeze with 0 achievements unlocked.

this garbage is going back in the gamefly envelope right now. not worth the aggravation. this is just as bad as FIFA 06, nothing in that game works properly either. another wasted rental.

antnie
12-20-2009, 02:37 AM
this is a warning to those thinking this is an easy 1000. it's NOT, it's a giant pain in the ASS. i followed the guide to a T and nothing is working properly. even with all my player's stats maxed out they still hit like girls, only managing 1 home run in 5 innings. the bunt trick does NOT work, you miss almost every time and it hardly hits the ball out of the infield.

the controls are beyond confusing. even after i figured out how to change the batting controls to classic (it's unplayable if you don't), i still can't do much else. my guys just refuse to steal bases even though i do exactly as the control menu says to do. the pitching was fine, my guy was striking guys out left and right. when the 5th running came up (3 more outs for the 15 strike out achievement) my game freezes! i spent over an hour editing stats, entering cheats, playing with the menus, deciphering the shitty controls, just for this piece of shit to freeze with 0 achievements unlocked.

this garbage is going back in the gamefly envelope right now. not worth the aggravation. this is just as bad as FIFA 06, nothing in that game works properly either. another wasted rental.
Well I did't have any proplems with MLB 2k6. I did have tons of problems with FIFA 06. I feel your pain.

Amazon Odie
12-20-2009, 02:44 AM
USE THE SUPERBUNT CHEAT! it will alternate between a sinle and a hr

TheFalcon
12-20-2009, 06:32 AM
USE THE SUPERBUNT CHEAT! it will alternate between a sinle and a hr

i am. it's not doing shit.

EDIT: i decided to give the game another go (i can't let this thing "win"). i managed to get thief, unhittable, and offensive explosion by some miracle. however, i can't get 3 home runs because this piece of shit KEEPS FUCKING FREEZING. it's happend 6 times now and it gets worse every time. the last 2 times it froze in the 2nd inning.

any ideas to fix the freezing issue? it seems a lot of people are having problems, not just me.

TheFalcon
12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
fantastic, i get 3 homeruns with giambi, guess what? NO ACHIEVEMENT. what. the. fuck. and it keeps freezing! i figured out a way around the freezing by saving every time i'm at bat (i can only play a max of 3 innings before it freezes). is this why i didn't get the achievement? if that's the case then it's offically impossible for me because i can't play enough innings to get the damn thing.

i'm about this close to using a game save at this point (if i even can). i am losing my mind with this and it's complete bullshit. i've fufilled the requirement, no achievement and i CAN"T get the achievement any other way because the game FREEZES CONSTANTLY.

EDIT: tried the memory card trick. froze in bottom of the 1st. i can't fucking do this anymore, i'm gonna try having gamefly send me a new disc because i am done with this god awful game. i can't take it anymore.

TheFalcon
12-20-2009, 10:25 PM
i figured out what makes the game freeze!

the game freezes 90% of the time when the opposing team strikes you out. if you can avoid a strikeout for as long as possible, the longer the game will last. the only other time the game froze on me was during the trivia part (not sure if you can turn that off).

when going for super slugger, i would use the bunt method until i got a hit or had 2 strikes. when i had 2 strikes, i would go for a normal hit with the A button. because of my suped up team and the opposing team's poor fielding skills, i would get a base hit almost every time. let your guy run to 1st and repeat with the next batter. using this method, i was able to cycle through the batting order 4 full times by the 2nd inning and i got my super slugger achievement with johnny damon on his 4th at bat.

i have the 1000 now and can't wait to send this abomination back to gamefly. i hope every developer who worked on this game will die in a plane crash.

Kaldo
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
haha.. thnx for the tips mate ;)

BG AzN
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
I've stayed away from this game for as long as its been out. No way will I ever get this unless I play every 360 game ever made. To much to fiddle with and you never get the right results. I have a better chance of 100% MLB 2K9 than this game.

Shaftiel
01-12-2010, 01:16 AM
So... read this rant, thought "Oh it can't be THAT bad" and wow, I wish I had been stabbed in the throat instead of playing this game.

Installing it to see if that helps, also going to do everything I can to not get struck out. Ever. Maybe that'll allow me to finally make it past the 2nd inning without a crash.

I wish to heaven I had listened to you, TheFalcon, and tried a less frustrating game... like DMC or Ninja Gaiden.

X Ech0 Side x
07-27-2010, 09:27 AM
I was the same way "Oh no way can there be that much of a problem" ya never again will I touch this or recommend it to anyone.

YBEAR
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I agree with the above posts. It was a miracle that I was able to 100% this. This is one of those games that makes me reconsider being an ach whore

WooliestRaptor
01-19-2013, 05:41 AM
I feel bad for you guys. I don't know why I waited so long to play the 360 version of this game. I did have the XBox version of this game for a while and that froze all the damn time, but I played this for the first time today and got lucky enough to unlock 4 of the 5 (no robbery or course) in the first game.