PDA

View Full Version : How can i get more money in TBoGT??

StillTIPPIN187
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
ok so im trying to 100% the mission for ballad of gay tony and im down to 4 bucks.. and i have go through the toll booth for the mission im attempting now... and i need more money... but i cant remember any ways to get money aside from killing random ppl on the street..

do you guys know of any other ways to get big money quick?

xPacking Heat
12-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Cage fighting, racing, a quick drug war, kill someone at the ATM. There are so many ways to earn money man lol, cmon.

Master_D
12-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Packing Heat suggestions were all real solid, but IMO the quickest way to earn money would be to spectate the Cage Fighting match and bet all your money on a fighter. Before doing this though I would save because if your fighter should lose you can just reload and head back to the cage match since it's just around the corner from your safe house. Before you do this you should probably do a drug war or two to build your cash up to the 1000's, so betting increments can grow larger faster.

Doing this method I'm currently sitting on 20,000,000+ dollars. I think the payout is 3 times what you wager as a 3,000,000 bet yielded a 10,000,000 earning.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

bblcreator8790
12-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Do all of the side missions, drug wars got me up way high.

ChipSpudskin
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
There are also the security vans that carry alot of money. Once you have Armandos ability to buy guns, never buy guns from the gunshop again. When you're on missions, pick up as much ammo from those you've killed and also, any money. Here is a good link to a map that shows locations of body armour and weapons (although, it doesn't say what the weapons are) http://www.gta4.net/ballad-of-gay-tony/map/?z=1&c=armour

Get free health from hospitals and other locations around the city, health packs are also shown on the map. It costs $1 to buy food at Burger Shot or Cluckin Bell but, $5 from the hot dog stand.

Every 10 drug wars you complete, you unlock a weapon at your safehouse. Although, after 50 you won't unlock any more.

I never have problems with money, largely because, I always pick up the ammo from dead bodies and so, rarely need to buy weapons or ammo.

GraveDigger1337
12-23-2009, 01:07 AM
or you could just go through the toll booth and outrun the cops? or mow down a fewblack* people.

*Just Joking :P

blee717
12-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Drug Wars are the way to go

BigTymer2047
12-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I personally think master d has the right plan. It is alot like the Off Track Betting on a previous GTA (cant remember which one). The important thing is to make sure you saved first. It's a major pain to get down there, bet all your cash, and go bust. . . Good Luck!!!

StillTIPPIN187
12-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I personally think master d has the right plan. It is alot like the Off Track Betting on a previous GTA (cant remember which one). The important thing is to make sure you saved first. It's a major pain to get down there, bet all your cash, and go bust. . . Good Luck!!!

horse racing from san andreas maybe? lol but thank you all but i just continued on with my four bucks and luckily didn't have to go through any toll boths during missions i was tryin to 100% for the gold star achievement

tatotiburon
04-18-2010, 06:49 AM
the cage method is the hardest way, yes you can earn a lot of cash but winning is very hard, you can try and try you always lose, and if you're lucky you win one fight but after too much time trying

Shinchib
04-19-2010, 02:37 AM
the cage method is the hardest way, yes you can earn a lot of cash but winning is very hard, you can try and try you always lose, and if you're lucky you win one fight but after too much time trying
First of all, nice necro post. Secondly, it's a 50/50 chance to tripling your money. How much easier does it get?

Like everyone else has suggested, doing a save before beating on a match is crucial. If you lose, just re-load your save file and try again.

I didn't come close to running out of money when I did these missions... had to buy some rockets here and there, but when you are going for your 100%, you start off with full health and armour every time.

Avenged Remains
05-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I was having trouble with lack of money (i needed to buy some rockets) and I agree that Master_D's way is by far the easiest and best. Took me about 5-10 minutes to go from 4k to 1mil :D

Thanks for the tip :)

burntt0ad
05-20-2010, 02:14 PM
do all the drug wars they give a lot of money

ReaptheChaos
05-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Betting on the cage fights is one way to make money when you‘re strapped for cash, but its very time consuming on larger bets. The first bet I had about 500,000 and it took forever to scroll all the way to place my max bet. I won and ended up with about 1.5 mil. So I bet again, I timed it and it took 18 minutes to scroll my bet all the way to 1.5 mil. and after all that my fighter lost. Just my personal opinion but I really don’t need money that bad.

M i L ii T AN T
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
To raise over $2million cash in approximately 30 minutes, after I had completed 1 drug war earning $10,000 I then created a save file before I bet on the 1st cage fight which I won and earned $30,000 then returned to safehouse and overwrite my save file. I repeated this process a further 4 times and had lost the 3rd bet once but was lucky to win my last bet which took several minutes to raise the bet.

iiDaRReN316x
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Drug wars.

niko da bos
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
or you could just go through the toll booth and outrun the cops? or mow down a fewblack* people.

*Just Joking :P

click and drag cursor over his post. lmao priceless

statickornslipx
02-20-2011, 01:11 AM
master d has it down

eHeadache
03-31-2011, 12:34 PM
ive currently got about 23 million from cage fighting bets alone, just save your game, pop down, bet all your money a couple of times, Lodsa dosh.

tspires01
07-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Packing Heat suggestions were all real solid, but IMO the quickest way to earn money would be to spectate the Cage Fighting match and bet all your money on a fighter. Before doing this though I would save because if your fighter should lose you can just reload and head back to the cage match since it's just around the corner from your safe house. Before you do this you should probably do a drug war or two to build your cash up to the 1000's, so betting increments can grow larger faster.

Doing this method I'm currently sitting on 20,000,000+ dollars. I think the payout is 3 times what you wager as a 3,000,000 bet yielded a 10,000,000 earning.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

this is a huge help! just be smart when betting bc you do lose money