PDA

View Full Version : Steam

Ackis
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
So, does the Steam version get updated to work for GFWL when it gets integrated?

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
12-21-2009, 02:58 PM
i dont know i have this for the wii, but that is interesting i like the game

Gun-Nut
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I imagine the Steam Version would just stay the same and use the whole Steam Achievement system and will have to buy this via the Games on Demand.

The Pants Party
12-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I imagine the Steam Version would just stay the same and use the whole Steam Achievement system and will have to buy this via the Games on Demand.

^This. They will be two different things unfortunately.

Ackis
12-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Eh that's going to suck.

I wonder if I can QQ to Steam to have my license transferred. *mutters about licenses for PC games and the idiot who thought that up*

FetusZero
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Eh that's going to suck.

I wonder if I can QQ to Steam to have my license transferred. *mutters about licenses for PC games and the idiot who thought that up*

From Steam to G4W Live? I doubt it since that would be like asking Sony to transfer a PSN game to my Xbox Live account since both stores sell it. But hey, it's worth trying, we never know. Be sure to write back if you try, I'm sure many others would be interested if it works.

I'd rather have it on Steam personally, but it being cheaper on G4W Live is a big factor. I'll wait and see if it goes on sale this holiday.

Ackis
12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
There's two components for GFWL, the store and the achievements.

For example, I have Battlestations Pacific and Dawn of War on Steam yet both are GFWL enabled.

IIRC Fallout 3 on Steam is also GFWL enabled.

FetusZero
12-22-2009, 10:45 PM
There's two components for GFWL, the store and the achievements.

For example, I have Battlestations Pacific and Dawn of War on Steam yet both are GFWL enabled.

IIRC Fallout 3 on Steam is also GFWL enabled.

lol I just realised your ackis on Steam too, I replied to your thread on Steam's forums as well.

I know there's some games that are G4WL on Steam, but there aren't many. They might update it on Steam eventually though, but if they do I hope they also adjust the price since the game is $10 on G4WL for a limited time but still is $20 on Steam, and I find that the G4WL store client definitely needs a lot of improvements to be on par with Steam store. That being said, if it doesn't go cheaper on Steam I'm definitely getting it on G4WL, if the 50% off deal is still there during the holidays.

ConcreteSnake
12-23-2009, 01:36 AM
The 50% off lasts til january 4th:woop:

FetusZero
12-23-2009, 06:48 AM
The 50% off lasts til january 4th:woop:

I just got it off of Steam, it's $5 for the Holiday Sale, good thing I did wait :]

Now all that's left is waiting to see if it will be updated for the G4WL achievements or if it'll remain with the Steam ones. Either way, it wouldn't affect my GamerScore cause they are really hard to get -_-