PDA

View Full Version : XBL Rep.

Lazermatt
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Not something I usually look at.. ever. Though I recieved this pop up on my 360 blog today: "In other news, I want to start by saying I am not proud of this, but Lazermatt's gamer reputation decreased yesterday. It is not too late to change our ways... I will remind him about that next time we chat."

So I checked my gamertag rep, and I'm at about 40% avoided. I thought that was pretty crazy considering I never use my headset and I have about 20% in each Trash talk/Communication/Aggressive. I assume the rep decrease message must have been due to me calling in my very first nuke in MW2 last night, but thats a bit pathetic. Do many people report folks for winning?

The rep system seems to me like a way for sore loosers to try and make others look bad. I suppose I'm just suprised that people would go through the effort of reporting someone for something as light as being beaten by him/her. What are your thoughts on the state of XBL rep nowadays though guys?

Burning Karma
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
So I checked my gamertag rep, and I'm at about 40% avoided. I thought that was pretty crazy considering I never use my headset and I have about 20% in each Trash talk/Communication/Aggressive. I assume the rep decrease message must have been due to me calling in my very first nuke in MW2 last night, but thats a bit pathetic. Do many people report folks for winning?
Yep. Pretty much all of my negative rep is from Gears 2. Way way way too many sore losers on that game.

The rep system seems to me like a way for sore loosers to try and make others look bad. I suppose I'm just suprised that people would go through the effort of reporting someone for something as light as being beaten by him/her. What are your thoughts on the state of XBL rep nowadays though guys?
Rep doesn't mean anything anyway. Once you get your five stars, it's hard to lose it.

0o0 ALEX 0o0
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
IT is a bit of a usless system, Mine is something like 78% avoided, most of it is trash talking, yet i'm in party chat 99% of the time, 2nd highest is un-supporting seeming as I play with friends it would seem the other team would do that if they lose. The whole system needs a fix/removal imo.

veece16
12-21-2009, 07:02 PM
don't worry about it, people who still send others bad rep are 5 or 6 year olds who get mad that they suck their moms tits at CoD or GoW

Infection Ftw
12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
89% avoided me here. Result of playing over 7000 Halo 3 matches with a close to 90% win ratio. People will hate you and avoid for random reasons.

Muhnamana
12-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Rep?? HAHAHA, I laugh at that. I could care less what my rep is nor do I worry about giving other people good or bad rep.

prosmits
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Can't get much worse than my rep. Apparently 90% avoided me, and only 10% preferred or didnt do anything, funny considering most people don't do anything. It seems to only count when people submit a review.

luckyluke02
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
no one very gives good rep only people who are upset because you beat them they avoid you because i never prefer or avoid any one just a pointless system it would be better if it automatically avoided them back so you dont get into the same game and they ask more to do it and there is nothing to stop people making up a reason so it really is pointless :)

balance13
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Nobody prefers everyone avoids other players the system is pointless basically and doesn't work.

Mongolian Beef
12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm at a measly 82%, trying to reach that 100% LoL

It's from all the haters in CoD4.

NoodleII
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I got most of my negative %s for quitting early - they all came during that infamous XBL post-Christmas crash, as if I could have done anything about it. Oh well...

Ackis
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm still not at 5 stars, but last I looked I was at like 10% avoided.

Kingdom for Keflings online is a tough crowd. :(

Skillet
12-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Rep is pointless. Most of my neg comes from Gears of War.

I make it a point to give positive rep to people I actually enjoyed playing with though. Mostly if they played team based games as an actual team. Not having a mic and running off like a moron won't get you positive rep from me. :p

I only give negative rep to people I really don't like though.

Still pointless. But I do it.

Son of Kyuss
12-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I heartily agree with you, the reputation is pointless and is easily abused by sore losers. Funny thing happened once involving the rep system and me, I was playing Nazi Zombies with some kid and another guy in matchmaking and once we lost I left at the aftermatch lobby. I check my rep afterwards because of my curiosity then I notice that I went down 1% and that my Quit Early category shot up to 40%.

tl;dr A kid gave me bad rep for leaving a Nazi Zombie game at the post-game lobby.

Dustinator
12-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I use the system to avoid people in Gears. ONLY I avoid if they suck and are complete idiots who are selfish and do their own thing. By avoiding them, I don't end up playing with them. Makes a huge difference!! And I don't avoid by saying they cheat or curse, I avoid and say they don't understand the game. It doesn't go against their rep, but I get to avoid them :woop: So it works to avoid so you don't play with a certain person, but I do agree that certain people abuse it because they're getting owned. I have like a 36% bad rep. Oh well

Keano
12-22-2009, 12:36 AM
I don't understand where the figures come from in the view rep section. There is no way that 52% of all people I have ever played with have actually gone to the trouble of avoiding me. I mainly play Call of Duty which usually has 12 players in a game. That means that over 6 players avoid me every game, doubt it very much.

As everyone said though it really means nothing. people are always more willing to give out bad rep than good. If you are good at multiplayer games then you'll defintaely rack up a lot of bad rep.

ian333333
12-22-2009, 01:03 AM
ive got quite a few for being "unsporting" on grid by winning destruction derbys and not crashing.... its not my fault im so good at avoiding the 7 other cars targeting me! if they cant catch/destroy me then i deserve to win even if most people are still on lap one

Takamura Bear
12-22-2009, 01:07 AM
It is a pointless system that gets abused by players too often.

Retained
12-22-2009, 01:44 AM
My rep shot down when I bought my first CoD game. It was fine until I bought a CoD game. Little bitchy faggots who get pissy when you win avoid you.

ac2565
12-22-2009, 02:59 AM
I use the system to avoid people in Gears. ONLY I avoid if they suck and are complete idiots who are selfish and do their own thing. By avoiding them, I don't end up playing with them. Makes a huge difference!! And I don't avoid by saying they cheat or curse, I avoid and say they don't understand the game. It doesn't go against their rep, but I get to avoid them :woop: So it works to avoid so you don't play with a certain person, but I do agree that certain people abuse it because they're getting owned. I have like a 36% bad rep. Oh well

The rep system actually does nothing for matchmaking. That and the fact that it gets misused by sore losers is why it is such a failure.
If anybody asks me to give them positive review I give them a negative review and tell them.

boblosanchez
12-22-2009, 03:10 AM
Mine's 48% avoided. I don't really care about Rep, it's not a balanced system at all and virtually nobody looks up other people's reps.

IRONMAN
12-22-2009, 03:17 AM
You guys check it that often? I use to for the hell of it, but looked the other day and have 70% avoided for Unsportsmanlike haha! I laughed my ass off! I don't teamkill or anything, so it has to be people upset with doing well in online based games. I only ever avoid people for glitching/being a dick.

dakisbac
12-22-2009, 04:23 AM
I remember my first bad rep, which was for Trash Talk. Funny thing is, the guy that gave me the bad rep was some idiot that kept joining my lobby forcing me to quit out and start another (I was boosting) and I was in private chat.

I'm now at 30% avoided or so, lot's of which came my way doing CoD3 boosting, and the rest by playing with my friend who lives around the corner (he loves to stir up shit in lobbies)

SixtyeightState
12-22-2009, 07:46 AM
I remember listening to an episode of Major Nelson's show a long time ago, and he had a guy on there dressing the "new" LIVE rep system up like it was actually going to make a difference. Aside from new accounts, I never see anyone that has less than 5 stars, and I personally don't think it matters.

RazerindemiX
12-22-2009, 08:05 AM
well i have'nt never even thought about this untill i read the thread and so i checked my rep its 78% avoided which 35% was down to quiting early 25% was unsporting which kinda shocked me as i dont play online much anyway and when i have i have always stayed the course to help anyone who has made any effort to help me
sometimes people have sent me abusive msgs cus they thought i should not be playing even though those times i tried my best but when you have a crap 3mb connection which gives me and 2/3 secs lag does'nt help it makes me look a complete idot getting in the way or getting others killed well thats not my fault or my intention

StW
12-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah when I play Halo I lose so much when I win -.-

xthewhiterabbit
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM
im not really sure what the point of an XBL rep is if only YOU can look at it. what good does it do if others cannot view it. also, i do agree, i know plenty of sore losers in halo 3 that report me for cheating and/trash talking. i do use my mic but if a player begins to trash talk them i MUTE them right away, i dont friendly fire in games, im a great player but my rep is crappy. either way, even if others COULD view it, i think the integrity of the REP system is ruined due to children and/or adults who abuse the system.

GreaseMonkeyGB
12-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Rep system= FAIL
- Only YOU can look at the percentages
- Negative rep doesn't decrease star rating
- Negative rep INCREASES star rating if gamer has no rep submitted (when rep at 3 star)
- Stupid sections when leaving rep. e.g 'The player left the game too early'- wtf!? lol
It's just useless, should be got rid of. When i'm playing on LIVE i don't bother looking at someones rep rating because i know everyones is going to be the same, 5 * lol

Joe x360a
12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Rep is pointless. Most of my neg comes from Gears of War.

I make it a point to give positive rep to people I actually enjoyed playing with though. Mostly if they played team based games as an actual team. Not having a mic and running off like a moron won't get you positive rep from me. :p

I only give negative rep to people I really don't like though.

Still pointless. But I do it.

Agree with this entirely, just annoys me that you get a bad look due to sore losers. I don't know how but a new system should be introduced.

IncensedCape
12-22-2009, 04:08 PM
My rep is terrible as well (something like 60% avoided) and I can guarantee it's because of sore losers in COD. I only give negative feedback is the person is being an asshole in the lobby, quits early, cheats or glitches in the game.

Dustinator
12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
The rep system actually does nothing for matchmaking. That and the fact that it gets misused by sore losers is why it is such a failure.
If anybody asks me to give them positive review I give them a negative review and tell them.

This I have found to not be true. I was playing Gears last month for hours in the wee small hours of the morning and kept getting teamed up (at least four games in a row) with this one guy that had a high level in GOW2, but was HORRIBLE. I avoided him for not knowing the game well(doesn't hurt his rep) and I never played with him again.......Works for me

littlemissymoo
12-30-2009, 01:31 AM
It's so pointless, would be cool if somehow you could view others after you've played them so people who seem to have a bad rep won't be kicked out of a game when they might actually be good and it's horde on gears might be good.
I have like 20% trash talk when never once talked on live unless private chat so do not understand that lol

Valentia X
12-30-2009, 03:33 AM
It's extremely rare that I negative rep someone. I've done it maybe ten times in the entire time I've had my 360, and it either for sexism (and not just a guy making stupid 'get back in the kitchen jokes', but to the point that if we had been irl I might have broken their nose) or being such a bad team player that they'd rather lose than share the glory. I avoid people sometimes, but I find it's more conducive to help people who aren't that great at their game. Usually it's just a matter of their needing practise and I don't mind helping.

That being said, the system is balls and massively broken. The fact that MS doesn't check for the most basic shit like whether you were actually in a chat with them or not irks me. I have relatively low neg red levels, but it's also been ages since I've regularly played with people I don't know, either.

JsUpS32
12-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Well my Rep is at 89% avoided and its ALL from GOW and GOW2. But i guess thats my fault because after every game i talk shit(win or lose, lol I LOVE TALKING SHIT) My goal is to be 95% avoided ;)

DENAz666
12-30-2009, 07:24 AM
It's so pointless, would be cool if somehow you could view others after you've played them so people who seem to have a bad rep won't be kicked out of a game when they might actually be good and it's horde on gears might be good.
I have like 20% trash talk when never once talked on live unless private chat so do not understand that lol

Actually, you can :)

Just go into your friends list or messages from the guide button, and go to the very right tab, thats your most recent players list :)

ac2565
12-30-2009, 07:32 AM
This I have found to not be true. I was playing Gears last month for hours in the wee small hours of the morning and kept getting teamed up (at least four games in a row) with this one guy that had a high level in GOW2, but was HORRIBLE. I avoided him for not knowing the game well(doesn't hurt his rep) and I never played with him again.......Works for me

And I've given someone negative rep, then the next game I joined they were in there. In both your case and my case it was a coincidence. It doesn't affect matchmaking unless the developers' say it does (which none of them do).

specVjavi
12-30-2009, 08:19 AM
It seems like a pretty pointless system to me, but i still go through the trouble of leaving negative feedback on someone who is clearly cheating, in hopes that I dont get paired up with them again.

dillon
12-30-2009, 08:24 AM
The rep system is completely retarded, lets say you avoid someone who has 3 stars, brand new account, it will go up to 4 1/2 stars even if you avoid them. And besides the fact people avoid you for "Being too good".

bapae
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
its not like anyone but you can see those percentages they only see the stars and as long as you have 5 stars nobody will know you have any bad rep (Apart from those who submitted it)

Didi Mau
12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
The rep system is completely retarded, lets say you avoid someone who has 3 stars, brand new account, it will go up to 4 1/2 stars even if you avoid them. And besides the fact people avoid you for "Being too good".

I always pick "too good" if I avoid the player, it doesn't count as negative rep towards them and I don't have to have my arse handed to me by them in the future :p

Currently on 52% avoided for me, which is understandable seeing as I only really play online when I'm drunk and that has a tendency of leaving me a sore loser. What amuses me is that 7% is trash talk and 15% is aggressive, when I don't play with a mic and it's a fighting game haha. I'll take the Unsporting rep but I think Quit Early is a little harsh, I'll always stay through to the end even if I'm upset about the immense range of skill between us. It'd probably be more like 70% avoided if it wasn't for music games, thankfully I get a new friend request every time I go online on those so I play a few sessions of that if the neg gets too high :p

My rep makes me feel I must be a right dickhead, I'm nice really!

MattDB87
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
my rep is at 100%, if you had to boost a lot of old games where the only way you can match up with your friend is through quick search, preferring helps. If you get all your friends to prefer you, you will be back up to 100 overall in no time;)

littlemissymoo
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Actually, you can :)

Just go into your friends list or messages from the guide button, and go to the very right tab, thats your most recent players list :)

I ment rep of the players you've played