PDA

View Full Version : COD3 can turn you insane ... on VET difficulty.

TOP GUN 798
03-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Is it just me or is this one of the hardest games you have ever played if you played on vet difficulty. Not only are the mission ridiculously hard on some parts, but the AI pisses me off so much. I spent literally 4 hours trying to beat the forest mission where you have to cross the road, I almost wanted to smash my 360. Now to make the game even harder the game developers decided for some retarded reason that they would make all AI players on your team try to piss you off as much as possible in trenches by making them stand all around you so when you are getting shot you can't even move cuz they are in the way. AND if that wasn't enough, they felt it necisary to add the fact that your teammates have the urge to run in while your having fire fights with a GERRY and bam you accidentially kill them, aww you have to start over the checkpoint after spending 20 minutes trying to advance up. Let me know if the AI in this game pisses you off more then the fact that the CP's are far and few between and hard as hell.

Bad Ham
03-03-2007, 07:39 AM
In my opinion, I thought COD2 on Vet was a bit more challenging with missions like the D-Day one. That doesn't mean I didn't contribute my fair share of cursing and controller throwing with COD3.

Rodni Demental
03-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Lord I feel sorry for my controller... And my throat hurts too...

This game can't be good for you. :mad:

Norad45
03-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I got through it easier then I thought I would. There are some real hard parts, but its worth it in the end. But COD2 was waaay harder:locked

TSI LILLVILSMYR
03-03-2007, 10:05 AM
call of duty 2 was harder ...... i took me 2 weeks to finish cod 3 on vet

GOD0NE
03-06-2007, 02:39 AM
I thought there might be a chance if i did the final mission on vet i might be able to get the Achievment, But an Hour Later my Dreams were shot down as i didn't get it.

But i figger ive got the hardest mission out of the way (Thats with the thinking they left the hardest till last)

Zoc
03-06-2007, 02:40 AM
all that effort is well worth the 150 points in the end. i'm currently on the mission called the mace (the one before the last one)and i cannot wait to finish the game. but i think that cod 2 was easier, well, i did it on the computer on the hardest difficulty so i'm gonna rent it to play it on my 360 to get an easy 1000 points

HOT FN CARL
03-09-2007, 03:38 AM
one word... SILO ...'nuff said!

AntneyB
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM
lol this is stupid ive never played a game thats so hard cod2 was easier than this ive been playin 2 hours now on vet and not even past first mission think ill sell this one

TG3 HAVOK
03-10-2007, 11:13 AM
i did this on vet but never got achievement. i found out that you cant start a new game or chapter half way thru then go back to it. i aint got round to doing it again yet.

The Anderlation
03-13-2007, 06:43 PM
one word... SILO ...'nuff said!

Amen Bruv! :Bounce:

I am going to attempt this, just take your time, and remember if you can't do it, then just play something else for a couple of hours/days and come back to it!

Spot2009
03-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Veteran is only hard when you're trying to do the Close Combatant achievement. Damn Island level took me 3 hours on the last part. Glitched teammate AI for the win!

Anyway, I'm glad I finished that off, but I am finding this campaign much easier than CoD2. I finished CoD2 in about 1.5 weeks, and I hope to get this in 1 week.

UK Dragunov
03-20-2007, 09:17 AM
2 days it took me last november. Played Veteran from outset, only did normal to get achievements i did not get, like close quarter

NSKJThugga
03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
cod2 is harder in my word d-day took me a week thats after i was pissed

PureFLCL
04-01-2007, 04:56 AM
This game sucks a big steamer, I've spent forever trying to get across this freakin road... Left, right, up the middle. I get my ass shot off every damn time. I don't know what the updates are for except to piss me off! COD 2 was a breeze for me on Vet compared to this hellish monkey. This one is haunting me from hell. My head must be bigger than a tank because they can shoot it from anywhere. No place to hide my elephant man head and I'm hating this game now! COD 4 can bite me, I'll buy Viva Piñata before COD 4.

Dirty Dee KC
04-01-2007, 05:34 AM
dude im so happy you posted! i honestly thought i was the only one who thought that our guys were retarded AI! I have died so many times because they just block every path out and sometimes sit back and watch you fight. im not looking forward to doing that one.

jdubya93
05-27-2007, 05:27 AM
im doing this now after beating the game on normal - goddamn, im not even that far in to it, but i died so many times on hill in the second level i think, where the truck crashes and there are 3 machine gun nests on the top of the hill. I got that Purple heart achievement there. lol. I finally did beat this level

Rifle Elite
05-27-2007, 10:53 AM
took me 4 days to complete veteran. There were just a few hard parts like british mission where u have to destroy 3 flak 88's and falaise road. The forest mission was easy.

Darth Odan
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Call of Duty 2 was harder but your Allies were smarter. The allies in Call of Duty 3 are RETARDS and do NOTHING.

CoolioDude
06-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Ugh.... all this talk about how hard it is is scaring me.... I don't think I'll ever get this one. Don't think I'll ever try it.

aussie_warrior117
06-02-2007, 07:33 AM
it took me about 3 weeks to finish COD2 on Vet, I would say 2 was harder but if you can get past the first 5 levels with not much frustration you can easily finish the whole game if you apply your brain to it.

Styze
06-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I personally think COD3 is waaaaaayyyy harder than COD2.

zOwnerofallz
06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I beat it no problem on vet, didn't even take very long.

skuff
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I personally think COD3 is waaaaaayyyy harder than COD2.

I have the same opinion.. I found COD2 a piece of piss tbh, but this is a joke.. Theres far too many tricky bits with checkpoints in silly places.. I think im on level 7-8 in a forest and theres a big hill, then you have to do a motar part all on one checkpoint!! WTF??

housemdfan
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I STILL haven't beaten Cod2 on vet. >.>; I've been busy with other shtuff. HAha, but i tried COD3 on Vet before I retured it to the rental store.

STELLHORN
06-12-2007, 02:32 AM
i got threw cod2 on vet with no problem except for the last level and i think cod3 on vet is easier.

brutalchris
06-17-2007, 03:18 AM
i literally stopped playing this, i bought the game release date and i havent played it until now because of the multiplayer issues and the vet really pissed me off but im back on and starting vet.

munkyxtc
06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
CoD3 was harder than 2 IMO; just because certain levels on 3; like the warehouse level with the tanks made me turn off the xbox for days at a time. CoD2 was pretty easy -- certain parts were tough but you could lay back and your AI teammates would progress for you which made advancing through difficult areas easier...that is not true in CoD3

Rebel_INS
06-20-2007, 02:41 AM
I'll admit, COD is a pain on veteran anyway, but I ended up beating 2 without MUCH hassle, even though the last levels were really tough and I got pissed quite a bit lmao.

But the next achievement I wanna get in COD 3 is the veteran one so imma start that up pretty soon. Anyone got any good tips for me? :)

Spades12321
06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Cod 2 and CoD 3 are so damn hard on vet I cant even tell the difference on which one is harder, I am so relieved I have done them both. Personally the hardest bit on CoD2 for me was D-Day part 3 where you have to clear out houses A B C D E F, and of course the forest level on CoD3 this wouldn't even be hard if they gave you a checkpoint after you climb the hill just before you cear the blockade but they don't!

Krilekk
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
They are both pretty hard but CoD 2 is much more annoying. Silo, D-Day, Defending Hill 112, the desert mission where you have to beat the final part within a time limit (first beating troops and then shooting down planes) - those levels sucked. CoD 3 is pretty straightforward although the AI isn't as helpful as in CoD 2. The first level can be tough (esp. the very first CP) and crossing the road in forest is overwhelming until you find out the right strategy.

(snipe everyone in the trench on the left side, then wait till smokes are thrown, run to the left, clear the rest of the trench, run to the left side of the hill, kill appearing enemies, jump to the right in the trench. Then snipe enemies from left to right. After the first wave run a bit up the hill and hide behind a rock. Some more sniping, jump to the next rock straight ahead, snipe even more enemies. Then you enter the bunker area, throw grenades into the bunker. Clear remaining enemies on the right side. Kill krauts by the mortar gun, destroy three trucks with mortar, done.)

After that there are some tough parts like the last CP of chapter 9. But it's still easy compared to the Silo sniping part.

Fullawka14
07-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Omg, it is one of the hardest things ever to beat on veteran, on the 4th level i do believe when you go in a house there is people behind a wall and they shoot you, you can't shoot them or blow them up with a grenade so its really really gay.

Brighton X
07-04-2007, 06:58 PM
call of duty 2 was harder ...... i took me 2 weeks to finish cod 3 on vet
Lucky for you, I've been on the end of CoD3 Veteran level 8 (Forest) for ever (like 3 months) I haven't played in like 2 weeks though.

DarknessAlone07
07-06-2007, 11:04 PM
ah what a post , as i just completed vet today, took me 5 days, none stop (literally) yesh the AI reli r annoying, Chambois been a perfect example, yup thats right, jump onto my grenade ARE YOU ON THE GERMAN SIDE, NO!! start again, n killing them armoured cars at the end, though i thought the mace was kinda easy, after thinking would be reeeeli hard, forest yesh was hard, also hostage annoyed me, cause u make a wrong turn, and your dead, ergh! in real life, germans dont have that a good aim, no offence to anyone 8-)

Fullawka14
07-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Yup this game is retardedly insanely hard.:uzi:

DaveWilma07
07-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Apologies if this has already been answered but I am assuming you can save checkpoints, come back to them etc. and generally continue your campaign on Vet difficulty and still get the Vet complete achievement? I would hate to find out that all my efforts were in vain because of some glitch.

Thanks in advance.

sn1p3rsc0p3
07-13-2007, 09:11 PM
i honestly think that COD 3 may be a bit harder than 2 .... but there both a huge challenge... Thank god for smoke grenades.

HAHAyurDEAD
07-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I FINALLY beat veteran last night. It only took me 2 smashed controllers and a sore throat from yelling "Bullshit!" to do it!

Despised Icon
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
CoD 2 was a much earier game than CoD 3 due to the simple fact that your teammates in CoD 2 were able to do things besides stand around and yell "Gerry!" or "Advance forward" without them ever moving. I don't think I'll ever finish CoD 3 on vet.

Mr Aim
07-20-2007, 08:51 AM
hi,
yeah vet was very hard it took me a month 2 do it but i did it

ncbaseballjv
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I thought there might be a chance if i did the final mission on vet i might be able to get the Achievment, But an Hour Later my Dreams were shot down as i didn't get it.

But i figger ive got the hardest mission out of the way (Thats with the thinking they left the hardest till last)

i thought you had to do them in order to get the achievement

JesusBread
07-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I found CoD2 SOOO much easier. There weren't never ending spawns of krauts on CoD2. That made every level easy. I only had trouble on the tank levels on CoD2.

Dstrukt
07-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Apologies if this has already been answered but I am assuming you can save checkpoints, come back to them etc. and generally continue your campaign on Vet difficulty and still get the Vet complete achievement? I would hate to find out that all my efforts were in vain because of some glitch.

Thanks in advance.

This is fine. The only way to void the achievement is to start a mission from the level select screen.

Grizzled Veteran can ONLY be obtained by starting a new game and seeing it through to the end. That means playing it from the training mission to the last using only the checkpoint system to save/restart from.

TeD12345Parry
08-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Well all i can say is i nearly lost my throat playing this game today.
In the end i found out that the left-handside of the forest is the best, near the rock.
Remember to keep the distance aswell.
Im soo close to 'Grizzled veteran' i can smell it.

Jabi1
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Compared to CoD 2 single player, CoD 3 wasn't only crappier, but also way more harder, in my opinion. CoD 2 was far more enjoyable; no infinite respawning enemies, more epic and overall better feeling in the campaign, and I think even the loading time after you die was shorter, making the frustration level lower. Indeed, the forest part in CoD 3 was very difficult, so hard to find cover and when u do you notice that the enemy still has line of sight at you.

Conker Rules All
08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
i played cod2 and could only get past training on vet and the second level so i decided to give up and didn't even attempt cod3 even though i bought it

austin rules
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
i thought both cod2 and cod3 on vet were easy... all i did was hide and push my allies into the battle so i could easily get through

skuff
08-06-2007, 06:06 PM
i thought both cod2 and cod3 on vet were easy... all i did was hide and push my allies into the battle so i could easily get through

Ok :rolleyes:

CoD 3 is prob the hardest shooter to complete on vet, finally did it saturday after giving up twice.. But even if you did it with no probs you couldnt call it easy ;)

Lil_j0nny
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
yea i started vet yesterday and i completed the first level then got a bit bored...its all about strategy and timing as well, and i can see why people are saying its the hardest shooter to complete on veteran. hopefully ill have the patience to do the full game on vet but i doubt it

Blargonots
08-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I've been playing Vet for a good 4 days now on and off swapping games to save my controller <3 .. im now on mission 12 of 14, and damn sure ready to bend someones neck back. vet will definately drive a sane insane and back.

Blargonots
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
You do have to do them in order.. level selection screen nulls out any chance of getting the achievement.

Start a new game on vet.. finish it.

killlah631
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I didn't find Call of Duty 2 incredibly difficult, it was real frustrating at times, and I used to always see forums COD2 harder than 3, now I am seeing the opposite, making me not look foward to starting it in the near future as I planned, what makes it harder than COD2 if so?

TimmayTheTurtle
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Lucky for you, I've been on the end of CoD3 Veteran level 8 (Forest) for ever (like 3 months) I haven't played in like 2 weeks though.

lmfao same here i JUST beat it last week. the god damn motor was fucking hard as hell.

i almost cried when i beat that level.:p

guyz if its hard just take it slow, dont rush them, get a sniper or assault rifle and take them out... than move forward and your A.I. friends will.

Fullawka14
09-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Veteran is hard but i will eventually beat it i think.

Stagga
09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah the 1st mission on Vet is pretty easy but last time i tried the second mission i cant make it through the bunker bit iv tried so much different approaches, one time i got all the way into the bunker and even to the guns right before the checkpoint and then i threw a grenade, it hit a tree hit me then fell right in front of me and i cooked it till it had 3 bars on it so i blew myself up :(

CoD 2 Vet was quite easy up until a few of the last missions in the british and american storythen it was almost impossible

Im just gonna wait until i get the General achievement on CoD 3 then try again for Vet

chenry
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
COD3 on vet mode is so unbelievably irritating. I can't even beat the damn second level! I'm stuck charging up the hill and it's horrible. Sometimes I make it to the top only to die randomly, or I last a few seconds and just get shot dead the second I stick my head out.

Nuts to this. I can't even beat the second level. Why even bother? Even if by some divine miracle I do beat this level, what chance do I have beating the other levels before I throw my controller through a very expensive TV? :(

omegamustard
09-06-2007, 02:21 PM
i hope its not that hard, i'm about to try it on Veteran.

Rammbone
09-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I've never played any of the COD games. So i'm curious, is this game harder than Rainbow Six Vegas on realistic diff.???

JB KIDD
09-07-2007, 11:55 PM
wats easier on veteran COD2 or COD3

Souls Collector
09-08-2007, 01:52 AM
You have to take your time through the missions. You are right about your teammates running in front of you. I got to the end of a mission once and the guy just ran in front of the fire fight and took a bullet or two. If that controller didn't cost so much money I would have smashed it by now.... lol

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Yea, I actually beat it on Veteran but while I think I was on the last level, I went to a different level before that using chapter reload to get the CQC achievement, so I beat it and didnt get nothin'

DoM cAbAn
09-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Right now I'm just trying to finish off Call of Duty 2 on Veteran. Only four more levels to go! After that, I might have a go at Call of Duty 3 on Veteran. Before playing Veteran, I have never used a Smoke Grenade in my life in any level. Now it seems like I have to use one every few steps. It's challenging, yes, but it is possible, no matter how annoying. And yeah, there's always the occasional curse word that I throw out there if I get a little frustrated. :p

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 07:39 AM
I am sure everyone swears when they play video games no matter what kind they are:p But i will eventually beat veteran.

F4T B0I
09-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Still yet to beat Vet, But its frustrating just play untikl you get really frustrated then have a break. Lol you'll eventuly finish it.

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
yeah thats what i do, ill play single player for a bit then once i get bored or cant beat a certain part ill go to multiplayer.

C NaStY
09-11-2007, 06:59 AM
It was pretty easy for me. Died a few times.

Tom19
09-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I managed to do this on Vet. It took me some time but I pulled through in the end. The start of the game really isnt that hard but its the later missions. Im not sure of the level but there is an american mission, its the one where you need to use the mortor to clear the way, that had me stuck for like 2 days solid. Also the last 2 mission where a right pain.

StayUnderMyWing
09-15-2007, 03:32 PM
If you start on Veteran and complete the campaign, do you get both Grizzled Veteran and Won The War?

M.

Dstrukt
09-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Yes you unlock both.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Lord I feel sorry for my controller... And my throat hurts too...

This game can't be good for you. :mad: i know how you feel god dam how many "oh, c'mon!" "you kidding with this..@#$@!!" ive gone thru its the only game that gets me on hard...well veteran for cod and im a fan of the series just not the veteran part ... some levels are like eh.. that was veteran? and some you can bearly go 10 feet without cussing...:woop::p

richs180
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm working my way through this at the moment. It is bloody annoying but is nowhere near as bad as COD2 was. The checkpoints seem to be more evenly spaced and don't activate during the middle of a battle unlike in COD2 where I regularly died and went back to a checkpoint where I would be surrounded by Nazi scum.:mad:

That was painful!:uzi:

xENVxGAMERSKREW
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Haha yeah im trying to do the cod3/cod2 final missions with my cuzins we take turns everytime the other dies to see who can do it it makes it more faster as were trying to do better than the other instead of when by your self your like oh c'mon! lol

III Royal III
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
This game is by far the hardest COD harder than 2 and 4

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok, i just broke a 50 dollar controller. For some reason, i can't get passed the british mission where you have to take out the Flak 88's.

TheIcemanCometh
12-22-2007, 02:33 AM
I just finished this on Easy for most of the cheesy achievements, and I'm going to start on Veteran after Christmas. I have beaten COD2 and COD4 both on Veteran, and while there were a couple of parts in COD4 that really pissed me off (the TV control room, and the long hallway in No Fighting In The War Room), I think overall that COD2 was harder on Veteran than COD4 was.

I don't have the time to try COD3 on Veteran right now - it'll take too long. I'm trying to get to 20,000 gamerscore by the end of the year! ;)

antnie
12-23-2007, 07:44 PM
COD 3 is near impossiblke for me but i just started to play COD2 veteran and it is semi easy to play.

cosbytgf
12-24-2007, 12:59 AM
COD3 on vet mode is so unbelievably irritating. I can't even beat the damn second level! I'm stuck charging up the hill and it's horrible. Sometimes I make it to the top only to die randomly, or I last a few seconds and just get shot dead the second I stick my head out.

That is where I was stuck for the last 5 months but have just done it, it was alot easier than I thought especially after reading people's tips. Taking things slow is definatley the right thing to do.

killerkink
12-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Its was extremely difficult thing for me. :)

There is always a checkpoint in some chapter that I want to give up with hours of replay. Right now I am stuck at the 3rd checkpoint on Chapter 9. :(

Maybe I should start to use the smoke more often

-----------
Haha!!! I am now at Chapter 12. :D

Mystery Mango
12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
I think that cod 2 and 4 veteran are much harder then 3...

newbsicle
07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
COD3 Has given me many sleepless nights clinging to my teddy.

Himuton
07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Yet another victim to COD3. I began playing Call of Duty 3 on Veteran like 4 months ago. I didn't even survive the first war scene in the open. It was a bit funny to tell you that I swapped game and beat General RAMM on HC in GOW without much effort (COD3 must have raised my adrenalin level lol).

Today I retried with high esteem to the enemy damage. With greater care, frequent use of smoke grenades (search for them as well) and abuse of auto-aim by releasing and pulling LT, I got past it. The AI was terrible but teammates seem to have invincibility against the Nazi scums. Things only get horrible when they look on.

For the hill part in The Island after a truck crashed, I used a smoke grenade near the opening, move to the right and throw another on the right side. I was trying to flank the Jerries. If we stick to the right enough, our asses can be saved from the MG's line of sight. Some soldiers pull out but they are easily dealt with. About the same time, I infiltrated the trenches, my allies have unexpectedly taken over already. Again, we are the pointman to lead those retards to fight.

I am recently stuck at the last part of The Island. The last German hid his head so well that I would be a fool to engage him in close range. But our NPCs stop moving, leaving me to take the great risk.

greatREDvinny
07-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I am with you on your teammates constantly getting in your way. I think lvl7 through lvl10 the developers decided to throw in a really hard part just for the hell of it. I am currently playing this game and I breezed through the first 6 levels and after ten went straight to lvl 14 in one sitting. Almost done! Hopefully, I'll finish it Monday. My experience with COD2 was the difficulty remained consistent throughout the whole game.

Da CRU Mughhh
07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Yes you guys this game has got to be one of the hardest campaigns, that or COD2 just cause it was one big grenade fest..

i was the happiest person alive when i finally completed this game on Veteran.. i mean this game was hell for like 2days.. i would play a mission and take 2hr break play a mission take a 2hour break. play a mission and take a 5 hour break lol.. i dont' think i have ever yelled at my Xbox so much in my life. i mean your team is useless they dont' do anything, but get in your way!! the Enemy keep re-spawning out of no where:mad: just a flat out hard game!!

the only advice i have is go slow take your time and cause if you rush through it by any means at all, you will die, you have to carfully plan every move!!

well you guys have fun with this game on Vet, cause now im working on my General achievement so i can get this complete:p

afunk117
10-19-2008, 02:42 AM
this game turned me crazy even though i didnt play it. the game didnt fucking work!!!

big red marino
10-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I finished both COD II and IV on Vet. CODII in my opinion was way harder than IV. Will I have the same problems traversing III as I did in II or will it be as easy as IV was?

I still have the mile high club left...but I really want to try III if it is worth it.

AgEnT STARZz
10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
COD 3 is just a joke! had the game since the day it come out, have 850 points and i have for well over a year and i still cant complete VET! 2nd level...... open field......thats all i have 2say!

BravoBradshaw
10-24-2008, 06:10 PM

Very wrong lol

AgEnT STARZz
10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
COD 3 is just a joke! had the game since the day it come out, have 850 points and i have for well over a year and i still cant complete VET! 2nd level...... open field......thats all i have 2say!

Ok i started the game again this morning and just having a few hours break but made it through to the 10th chapter... cant believe how easy the 2nd level was with smoke grenades, did it 1st time!

Himuton
10-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Ok i started the game again this morning and just having a few hours break but made it through to the 10th chapter... cant believe how easy the 2nd level was with smoke grenades, did it 1st time!
Lucky bastard. I found great difficulty in the Night Drop level. Germans in dark uniforms come from everywhere.
Wish you good luck with the woods level.

AgEnT STARZz
10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Lucky bastard. I found great difficulty in the Night Drop level. Germans in dark uniforms come from everywhere.
Wish you good luck with the woods level.

Thanks for the good luck, i died twice on the woods level, and finally completed VETERAN this morning! took me about 10hours to do the hole game!! cant believe i didnt even atempt this for a year all because of the 2nd level when i got stuck in the feild with no smoke!!!

Daggermn
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I think that COD 3 is WAY harder than COD 2 and COD 4. With the Infinity Ward CODs you can push your way up to cover and your team mates will be right up there with you to provide cover for you as you move up to the next cover. With COD 3, half the time your teammates arn't even around, maybe like one guy, but he always gets killed (no help at all).

BTW...After reading all your responses in this thread, I am supprised that no one has mentioned the part I am stuck on. I am on the level after the forest, where you have to clear the houses and then you have to go in a trench and blow up some big artillary guns. (does this discription sound familiar?) Anyways, I am stuck on the trench part. There is a small hill in the trench and there are some enemies at the top, hiding behind some crates. I swear they can shoot through walls because I die even when I am 200 feet away from them and hiding behind a piece of machinary.

I have only made it up the hill twice, to which I find enemies on the decent of the hill, but my teammates just get mowed down in a big pile at the top of the hill and leave me to kill the enemies by myself. I swear if I peak out from around the corner, I get lit up like a candle stick and almost die, which I eventually did. :(

I just got COD: WAW, but I want to finish this game first. Please, if any of you have any tips to help me out, that would be great.

MEA7HOOK
11-24-2008, 10:16 PM
^ Yeah man, that's the part that gave me the most trouble in the vet campaign. After you clear out the first area and blow up the gun, haul it to the end of the trench and hit the dirt. You have to move fast here, because that's where the enemy somehow shoots through walls. Chunk a grenade straight ahead and try to kill the enemy behind the crate. As soon as it explodes run behind the crate - be ready to shoot the enemy if the grenade didn't get him. Once you're behind the crate it's just a matter of taking things slow and not rushing out of cover. It's been a while since I've played it, so sorry if some of the details are off.

xTHEBURGERKINGx
11-25-2008, 04:20 AM
okay i got 1000/1000 in cod 2 4 and 5 do u think i would be able to beat this game on vet or would it be harder than all three of those cuz i beat each one of those in about 2-4 days except tiger hq in cod 2 when i snapped my mike in half and i beat it the time after i broke my mike lol

SevDelta
11-25-2008, 06:37 AM
okay i got 1000/1000 in cod 2 4 and 5 do u think i would be able to beat this game on vet or would it be harder than all three of those cuz i beat each one of those in about 2-4 days except tiger hq in cod 2 when i snapped my mike in half and i beat it the time after i broke my mike lol
Personally, after beating 3,4,and WaW on Veteran, I think this one was the hardest. You come across glitches galore and cheap enemy tactics and of course grenade spamming. Good luck if you try for it.

austin rules
11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
i thought cod 2, 4, and 5 were MUCH harder. this one was by far the easiest one

JCerbrothers3
12-03-2008, 09:17 PM
i hate this game more then nething mainly because veteran is so broken half the time u cant see who shoots at you and the enemies never end....its taken me hours

Jay747
12-12-2008, 09:57 AM
This game really is a piece of shit. Insane is almost impossible because of how glitchy it is. Countless times I would be hiding behind cover then all of a sudden bullets come through it and kill me.

I'm only on the second mission, trying to get up a hill and only twice have I made it to the top only to get raped by the horde of germans up there.

TOP GUN 798
01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
lol, I never thought my venting would end up being such an EPIC thread, still going after a year. As an update I did end up completing vet about 5 days after posting this thread. It sucks cuz I hear nobody plays this game online anymore so getting the online points acievement is going to be impossible now. If I remember correctly as well getting the most points in a game is near impossible because of the spawn campers who always rack up huge points and win. My advice is deff go slow and get that smoke up or your never going to finish it. cheers:drunk

The Machine 715
01-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Vet on Cod 4 was easier. This game has predetermined checkpoints, and in cod 4 the entire game was moving from cover to cover getting checkpoints every 30 secs.

asnaz11
01-26-2009, 03:15 AM
I almost beat it on Vet, but there was a point where I couldn't continue near the end, so I believe I did a Chapter Select on the last level on Normal just so I could play, and I totally forgot you screw yourself over if you do a Chapter Select, so I'm starting from the beginning again, I'm on the American Mission after the first British/Scottish/French Resistance missions. I'm actually going through a lot quicker than before, it's weird. I'm not having as hard a time, but I'm still dying a lot lol. Oh well.

DiamondD
01-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Is it just me or is this one of the hardest games you have ever played if you played on vet difficulty. Not only are the mission ridiculously hard on some parts, but the AI pisses me off so much. I spent literally 4 hours trying to beat the forest mission where you have to cross the road, I almost wanted to smash my 360. Now to make the game even harder the game developers decided for some retarded reason that they would make all AI players on your team try to piss you off as much as possible in trenches by making them stand all around you so when you are getting shot you can't even move cuz they are in the way. AND if that wasn't enough, they felt it necisary to add the fact that your teammates have the urge to run in while your having fire fights with a GERRY and bam you accidentially kill them, aww you have to start over the checkpoint after spending 20 minutes trying to advance up. Let me know if the AI in this game pisses you off more then the fact that the CP's are far and few between and hard as hell.

Sorry man, I have to disagree. Call of Duty 2 was MUCH harder than 3. House raping (clearing houses) was a bitch in 2 while it may just take a couple of tries to house rape in 3 since the enemy isn't omniscient. Take your time and you're certainly right about one thing... That forest mission is a bitch. Use 1 of your smokes to get to the tank and then another until you get into the trench ahead. You'll have to do a little fighting, but eventually your boys will bust through and you can move in through the bunker. If you get that far, using the mortar in the trench to clear the debris while an unlimited amount of enemies rush up to attack you (not to mention an incredibly wonky control system for the mortar in order to make things more "realistic") is an entirely different story...

Barad
01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Im gunna try and do this one on vet some time nxt week..hope it wont take me too long..

Daggermn
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
You all may remember my post on 11/24/08. Well, as an update, I realized that at one point I did a chapter select (which would screw up my vet. campaign). I ended up restarting the campaign on vet, but then in December 08 my LIVE account was stolen. I was without Live for a month, but then I was able to get my account back in January. Now I am going back to get this game complete.

Right now I am on one of the levels that caused me many headaches, the level with the wherehouses and the tanks :(. I am not looking forward to doing this game again, but I can't leave COD 3 incomplete, especially since I have already got the General achievement. It really sucks, by the time I'm done with this game, I would have gone thorugh it almost 2 times on vet.

Tomscfc
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
this game will drive you insane, it is the ONLY shooter i can't do on it's highest difficulty stupid thing...

Daggermn
02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Update: I am making great progress going through vet. for the second time. I remember that someone posted earlier in the thread that it is easier the second time and I can confirm this. Last night I started and completed levels 5-7. Right now I am on the forest and it's a pain. Hopefully I will keep my momentum and have this game completed by the weekend.

Going through the game for the second time is not that hard, but it's because I know how to handle each difficult part now (parts that used to keep me stumped for hours). I think that this game's difficulty is due to the cheap enemy Ai and terrible ally Ai. The trick to getting by the tough parts is to know exactly what path to take and to use smoke and frag grenades often.

The Machine 715
02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
I really didn't think it was all that bad on veteran. Took me a few days, and the only reason it did take that long was because of the stupid AI. I thought the "I" was supposed to stand for Intelligence. Apparently not.

The hardest for me was this one trench that I couldn't get through. Everytime I tried I ran into what me and my buddies call "The Invincible Man." It was a guy that took cover everytime at the end of the trench and kept firing on me. Problem was, none of my shots seemed to be able to hit him, and grenades would explode at his feet without doing any harm. After a couple hours of meaningless tries, I finally just rushed his ass. On like the twentieth time trying, I managed to run around the corner and knife him before he could kill me. Darn you, Treyarch! (I don't even know how to spell it)

Rifle Elite
02-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I really didn't think it was all that bad on veteran. Took me a few days, and the only reason it did take that long was because of the stupid AI. I thought the "I" was supposed to stand for Intelligence. Apparently not.

The hardest for me was this one trench that I couldn't get through. Everytime I tried I ran into what me and my buddies call "The Invincible Man." It was a guy that took cover everytime at the end of the trench and kept firing on me. Problem was, none of my shots seemed to be able to hit him, and grenades would explode at his feet without doing any harm. After a couple hours of meaningless tries, I finally just rushed his ass. On like the twentieth time trying, I managed to run around the corner and knife him before he could kill me. Darn you, Treyarch! (I don't even know how to spell it)

Knife him? As far as I know there arent knives oin COD 3.

The Machine 715
02-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh meleed him, my bad. I'm still playing COD 4 a lot, planning on tackling this one as soon as GOW is done. Sorry about that.

CrazyInsomniac
02-15-2009, 08:23 PM
CoD2 was a lot harder to beat on veteran than this game....for me at least

metalgear
03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
The only way i would do veteran on this is if i had 850G on it so then i would have 1000G but other wise it can jog on lol

NUTZILLA313
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm finding this much harder than 2 on vet. The friggin 2nd level where you have to go up the hill with the MGs shootin at you, completely ridiculous. Made it to the top once, retard teammate runs in front of me as I'm shootin at the last stupid German, unbelievable. Haven't been able to make it back to the top of that fuckin hill since then, these bastards.:uzi::uzi::uzi::eek::eek:

Baryonyx
04-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm finding this much harder than 2 on vet. The friggin 2nd level where you have to go up the hill with the MGs shootin at you, completely ridiculous. Made it to the top once, retard teammate runs in front of me as I'm shootin at the last stupid German, unbelievable. Haven't been able to make it back to the top of that fuckin hill since then, these bastards.:uzi::uzi::uzi::eek::eek:

Wow, thats the part I'm stuck at too! Nightmare! I made it up to the top once and got into the machinegun nest before some crafty hidden enemy shot me to death!

hoddans
04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, thats the part I'm stuck at too! Nightmare! I made it up to the top once and got into the machinegun nest before some crafty hidden enemy shot me to death!
I found an easy way to make it up. Before you reach the trigger for the truck to role down the hill, there will be an opening in the bushes. Throw smoke in such a way that it creates a path going up the creek on the right. Run through the smoke and hide behind the big tree up top. Easy.

Right now I'm stuck on the furnace. The AI is ridiculous. Sometimes he moves, most of the time he doesn't. I don't know if I'd say this game is harder than 4 or 5, but parts of it are just stupidly frustrating. Not in a wow-that-is-hard sort of way, but that-is-so-stupid-why-did-they-make-it-do-that way.

0JAMES0BOND7
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
any cod game on veteran pisses me off i wish there was only one difficulty for campaign

Baryonyx
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I found an easy way to make it up. Before you reach the trigger for the truck to role down the hill, there will be an opening in the bushes. Throw smoke in such a way that it creates a path going up the creek on the right. Run through the smoke and hide behind the big tree up top. Easy.

Thanks for the tip! I had figured that out myself the other day just before I turned it off but I will see if hiding behind the tree helps me, because even with a smoke thrown I was still get blasted to bits!

Coadster1
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah I hate this game, too many glitches on campaign and multiplayer is terrible.

KrazyKFVMC06
04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I just beat that part yesterday. Most of the enemies are actually not infinite respawn on the hill. There is an opening in the shrubs on the little mound seperating the path and the hill. There is a place on the right side of the mound in front of the right side of the hill. I stood here and cleared out the right side of the hill till the my troops advanced up the the right side of that hill. Once i saw the advance, i threw one smoke grenade in front of the two right most machine guns. I move to the fallen tree at the bottom of the hill as your turn right coming around the mound. From there, continue in crouch/prone as need be and continue to the far most right of the hill. Move up the right edge of the screen and you should have no problems.

As far as which call of duty is the hardest, in my opinion WAW is. Relentless and Heart of the Reich are two missions from the depths of hell from which there is no return!

Baryonyx
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I came back to that part on The Island and completed it right away, first try. I guess it just took a lot of luck! I'm up to the first Canadian mission now.

Boiled Frogs
05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
did somebody say you cant stop playing on a checkpoint then come back to it? what kind of a rediculous rule is that

hoddans
05-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't know if it's more of a rule or just a big bug no one ever bothered to fix.

itb72
05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
im up for the challenge on beating this game, but only after i beat COD 5 & COD:MW2. bring on the friggin NAZIs!

The Contender X
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
This game is deffo the hardest cod out of the series for sure, just the fact that theirs hardly any checkpoints and the Ai are crazy.

Crossing the road was deffo the hardest part is well.

The achievement is also glitched if you mission select, so you need to click continue every time otherwise you will not get the achievement

Barad
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm working on it now and I'm only halfway through the third mission after 2 days of hard work because I'm so rubbish at this game..and on VET aswell, well that just really finishes it off now dunt it! :mad:

LightsNSirenz
08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
in the same boat, didn't get chievo, man i wish I had just kept playing and not gone for those other achievements on easier difficulty, now I've spent days beating a game on the hardest difficulty with nothing to show for it. BOO

The Boogie Bots
08-17-2009, 06:13 AM
After I heard how long it takes to get a game on multiplayer and that it's almost impossible to max out the online achievements I sent the game back to Gamefly. I tried the first level for about 20 minutes on Veteran and couldn't even make it to the first checkpoint. lol. Basic training achievement is the only one that I got.

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-17-2009, 06:28 AM
CoD2 was easier than CoD3's campaign on veteran I mean I havn't even beat the single player on veteran on Cod3 yet. :/

CentralRug
08-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Have to agree, cod3 vet is alot harder than cod2.

After a 2 days of being shot through walls, waiting for checkpoints that never seem to appear... I've finally made it to the fuel depot (chapter 6?) absolute fuckin' nightmare!! :uzi:

Indie Hero
09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
This game was mind-numblingly difficult on normal. I don't want to imagine it on Veteran.

Oh well. I got rid of this anyway.

imspazzen
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know why but I never had a lot of trouble crossing the road in the forest mission, however it took me almost two weeks to get past the part in the mission after where you have to destroy the three flaks.

That being said I found CoD3 a lot harder than CoD2 simply because the AI constantly pushed you out of cover :eek:

HardkorePrawn
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I've got 1000/1000 on this twice and am sitting on 800/1000 on another account.
There's still plenty of people playing it online, which surprised me when I tried to join a game last night. Got into a game as quick as I do in MW and WaW

09-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Call of Duty 3 on veteran. I don't even want to get started on this unbelievabley crazy hard game. I think I'm on chapter 7 or something and there are about 16? :(

Cheers to you who got it. :D

mig0
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Im stuck on the Mayenne bridge. I get shot through sand bags and everything. I get to the top of the staircase and I just cant survive there... I don't know what the heck to do. i toss smoke grenades and they still shoot me through sand bags.

mig0
09-16-2009, 02:29 AM
The answer of course was to simply post here because not 5 minutes later after posting this, I managed to get past that little section.

urge26
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
bought cod3 day one, almost 3 years ago and the difficulty drove me nuts. Finally beat it on Vet almost 3 years later today, absolutely the most mind numbingly difficult game I've played (thank god I don't have to go through it again). I'm sorry but COD2 and COD4 on vet weren't as hard as this (I'll be tackling World At War on vet soon).

For those still not there, all I gotta say is use smoke grenades.

velho lobodomar
09-21-2009, 05:24 PM
right now i´m at chapter 11, just three more to go and in my opinion it is harder than 4 an waw (haven´t played 2 yet). i just wish to bitch about this stupid game in each and every single thread about veteran, but that would be too much of a pain to fellow gamers. i just wanna finish this load of crap so i can break the disc in a thousand pieces and burn the manuals and box to ashes.

edit: well i´ve just finished it and i have to say: it gets easier in the end! the last 4 stages were a breeze (compared to some of the earlier ones). but it still gets the medal for the hardest - and cheapest - call of duty i have played.

Rabid311Panda
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM
yea i decided to do the game on veteran after realizing i never did beat it..its not hard to me but its just more annoying. like the few checkpoints in each level. i would get past a certain part and where i thought a check point would show, i die and have to start again..right now, im on the forest level where you need to cross the road and it is pissing me off..i got to the trench after that and when i looked to my left, there were 5 or so nazis just standing where i needed to go and as i tried to run for cover, they killed me and now im stuck trying to get to at least that trench..this so far is the hardest art for me in cod 3..

10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
yea i decided to do the game on veteran after realizing i never did beat it..its not hard to me but its just more annoying. like the few checkpoints in each level. i would get past a certain part and where i thought a check point would show, i die and have to start again..right now, im on the forest level where you need to cross the road and it is pissing me off..i got to the trench after that and when i looked to my left, there were 5 or so nazis just standing where i needed to go and as i tried to run for cover, they killed me and now im stuck trying to get to at least that trench..this so far is the hardest art for me in cod 3..

That's where I was before. Then I accidentally started a new game for the "Assault Trooper" achievement without knowing that I was in the middle of a veteran run. :mad:

cashbuster
10-15-2009, 08:36 AM
waw - heart the reich was hard on vet but now playing cod 3 on vet
omg this game has caused so many rows between me and my girlfriend lol
one nite i didnt speat to her for like a whole day, this games tests ya patience big time !!! still going tho lol
sigh.............:mad:

xI VARSITY
10-16-2009, 06:16 AM
I did this game on veteran before I knew what an achievement was, only went back to it recently to do the on-line. but I remember it being much harder than any other cod, if you can beat veteran on cod3 you can beat veteran on any cod

Rabid311Panda
10-16-2009, 11:37 PM
i also hate the fact that enemies that barely see you or are barely peeking out have the best shots on you and you cant see them to do any damage..i got done with forest and now on next level and the part with the 3 flak guns is getting me mad because there is one spot where the guy is semi in the corner and no matter what i cant shoot him unless i round the corner but yet, he can shoot me..i just can't wait to finish it..i'm not even gonna try to get the rest of the online achievements

explicide
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
i just beat the game on normal difficult, but now im looking forward to beat on veteran (yay!) (if u understand what i mean^^)

khartoun
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
first time playing cod3, beat the first level on veteran easy, got 3 achs for it, one for not dieing, one for using less than 300 bullets and the other for getting hit less than 30 times.. 2nd mission was reasonably easy, 3rd one really pissed me off especially when you're trying to destroy the flaks, I was on that part for about 2 hrs until I finally got to within 10 meters of the last one, threw a grenade, somehow hit one of my AIs, bounced back and killed one of them, fucking bs, gave up after that i just cbf going through vet on cod3. Not gonna bother with cod2 either.

Cod4/5 were stupidly easy imo.. hope cod6 is in between cod4/5 and cod2/3, difficulty wise.

ShadyShall
10-29-2009, 12:18 AM
I had gone through this on normal and hard a while ago... I just revisited to beat it on veteran after finishing COD4 and WaW...

Some parts literally drove me clinically insane... Other parts that I was dreading (from remembering how hard it was before) weren’t that bad. The last few levels I actually breezed through it… it was the middle ones that gave me the most trouble.

The hardest part about going back to this after 4 and WaW – you can’t run!!! People are shooting and you are just strolling along… pissed me off.

Use LOTS of smoke if you have it and be ready to hit the deck… often!

LAlderete
12-22-2009, 01:14 AM
COD 3 is terrible! I wouldn't blame you if you threw it in the trash. Only spend money ond COD games made by Infinity Ward! Treyarch is making sure the franchise is going to hell in a handbasket.

LAlderete
12-22-2009, 01:15 AM
btw i was playing towards the Grizzled Veteran achievement today and then I remembered why I hate this game. The AI is horrible! COD 2 is much easier!

Vitiate
12-22-2009, 03:23 AM
I 1Kd this hell. First I went insane getting stuck on level 7 Flak guns. When I recovered, the mind numbing boredom of General boosting made me completely insane.

xOoverSoulx
12-23-2009, 01:32 AM
This game is so fail fuck people that play legit im sorry but i dont c how u could put yorself through getting 40000 points legit mabye if u got more than one point a kill also dont know how many more levels to go till veteran complete but im on crossroads and this is way harder than i remember cod2. fucking treyarch with cod3 and waw trying to make people go insane over achievements just so we can hang on to their shitty game a little bit longer. after this will have beaten all cod's on xbox except classic which i will get to eventually

luuwat
01-04-2010, 04:42 AM
as the thread says

i screamed 24-7 on vet mode

not for the faint hearted......

RealistIdealist
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
After some stalling I'm finally going to do this. I beat the first two campaign missions and am going for the third right now. I had major trouble on the bunker part because the rooftop end had some guy who was hiding behind a box and shooting and I could hardly figure out where he was. I shot randomly near the boxes with the MP40 and finally hit him. This game does piss you off sometimes. But for me it's not when the AI gets in the way, it's when the AI deceives you. At the top of the hill in the second part of the game I was being cautious in moving. Until my guys ran up and I stayed in the back killing most guys, then when I moved up there was a guy around the corner who killed me, which is BS because that means that all the members went past him without shooting at them and them without shooting him. Argh! I then became swiss cheese.

Volzagia
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Its too hard nuff said

RealistIdealist
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
now I'm on the three flak gun parts but it's even more impossible. I swear that the first flak gun is no problem. between the first and second though there's some guy who just can somehow shoot me without even seeing me no matter where I hide. it's incredibly annoying. argh

GTAmissions1
01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
I remember when I played it on veteran.
It taken 3 damn hours just to get out of the refinery to the jeep because the damn guy wouldn't move. At least I beat this on veteran.

Balc0ra
01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Well after I played COD classic on acrade and beat that on vet. I got tempted to play the older COD games again. But could not find the copy I had for the pc. So I got em form Games on demand. And I must say.

COD 2 was easy enough. some mission where hard. But smoke grenades where a life saver several times. D-day was not that bad when I did find a good underground bunker route to take to get clear of the beach and to the houses.

I did use over 3 weeks to beat COD 1 on vet. just 2 days to beat COD 2 on vet. And COD 3 is... not that bad either.

Is it just me or is the AI a bit slower in cod3 then cod2. I know its made by a different company but still.

On D-day on COD2 I had the sniper and and did hide in the trench to get a good view on a few German soldiers close to an MG nest. I had a headshot lined up but he moved a bit forward and it hit him in the neck. And a split sec after that he turned and did a burst from his MP44 and killed me. all that did take less then 1 sec.

Same when you cleared houses. You normaly got killed before you got the foot past the door. They did shoot before you even got in the door.

On COD 3 I have rushed rooms and they just stand there so I can mow em all down and move on. Much slower reaction time imo thus it made clearing houses alot easyer.

I just got COD3 form games on demand last night and I am on the 2nd Canadian mission. And its starting to get frustrating. But not that bad.

Don't remember much of COD3 but I thought it was wierd that the game started as nasty as it did on the 1st mission. I did die alot there before I got the hang of it lol. COD 1 & 2 had the nice easy 1st lvl to get you started.

The only thing that have gotten me killed alot is quick time events that I really hate and think its pointless.
On COD2 I had to restart alot cus I was aiming down the sights and a fellow soldier ran past me just as I opened fire and I got FF and had to restart. On some levels that was more frustrating then getting killed by the Germans.

The most annoying part so far was when I had to use the mortar to fire. why I could not just use the RS to steer the damn thing and had to rotate the shit out of the LS and RS all the damn time that got me killed many times is beyond me. same whit the paddle on the boat. Hated it.

But so far most of the levels has gone fine. The AI is actually helpful here and can clear out most of it compared to COD 2 and 1.

Not completed it yet. But going fine so far. As long as you got a bolt action rifle and let ur fellows run ahead and pop smoke. its not that hard since "for me anyway" the enemy AI is not always that quick to react. So the problem whit house clearing form COD 2 is easy here. If not I just pop smoke in the building and rush it. always works.

StayonTarget
03-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Guys... If you feel angry and pissed off, TAKE A DAMN BREAK! If you don't, you'll have to pay 50 bucks and get a new controller!

DusanMandic219
03-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I found a way to throw fits and controllers and not have to pay for a new one. This is of course if you have an old one already. Just use it! I didn't get to the point of throwing anything w/ this game seeing how I beat all the other CoD's on Vet. more than once(changed accounts). I took it back to GS WAAAY before that point and got Jurassic:The Hunted instead.

eminutia
03-12-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm starting to agree with the IW fanboys. Treyarch does not know how to make a decent shooter.

I just finished COD2, took me about 5 days to complete the lot of it, and it was fun, yet difficult. COD3 is not fun, and very difficult. There's a shopping list of problems with COD3 that I did not experience in COD2. Very unpolished.

COD2 = Ghostbusters
COD3 = Ghostbusters 2

lol

mastermickem
08-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Treyarch does not know how to make a decent shooter.

COD3 is not fun, and very difficult. There's a shopping list of problems with COD3 that I did not experience in COD2. Very unpolished.

I agree. Treyarch need more thought into their shooters. Only Treyarch managed to give each any every single enemy the ability to shoot through a wall, or even 2 of them to kill you. Sure it happened a bit in cod2 etc but atleast 1/100 is better than every time.

jammiejay85
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
I was thinking about trying cod 3 for the grizzled veteran achievement seems hard but doable would anyone say its harder than cod 2 ???

jammiejay85
11-17-2010, 03:53 AM
Now i've done Cod 2 i'm really dreading 3 on veteran especially if the responses are anything to go by.
Guess i will find out soon enough. Gonna see how far i can get tomorrow should be a right laugh :rolleyes:

StayonTarget
11-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm starting to agree with the IW fanboys. Treyarch does not know how to make a decent shooter.

I just finished COD2, took me about 5 days to complete the lot of it, and it was fun, yet difficult. COD3 is not fun, and very difficult. There's a shopping list of problems with COD3 that I did not experience in COD2. Very unpolished.

COD2 = Ghostbusters
COD3 = Ghostbusters 2

lol

You're playing a game made in 2006 smart ass.

Crimson Ridley
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
You're playing a game made in 2006 smart ass.

Irrelevant. COD2 was made in 2005, maybe even before that and was far more polisihed than COD3. You cannot base your argument on the year COD3 was made, as COD2 is a more stable game.

I'd even go as far to say that King Kong was more polished than COD3 and that was a damn movie tie-in, which are notorious for being rushed out of the door.

Illicit
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
I was thinking about trying cod 3 for the grizzled veteran achievement seems hard but doable would anyone say its harder than cod 2 ???

I don't know about harder....it's so damn glitchy that it's not very fun though and ends up feeling very cheap. For instance I was clearing out a house and trying to snipe from behind a gate but when I shot them in the face they stumbled, looked at me all stupid, and opened fire. OK so they can hit me but a shot in the face from my sniper rifle doesn't do shit to them??? Oh...I get it you want me to move up or I can't actually kill them (I wasn't THAT far to begin with, I've killed enemies with the same sniper rifle from further away earlier in the game!).

You also get shot and killed when you're behind cover and you shouldn't be getting hit. Your squad sometimes will just kind of get stuck and stop following you. I found sometimes the enemy just ignores the squad and then when you step foot in the area they kill you. Of course you thought it was safe because your squad's standing around not shooting or getting shot at.
It's stuff like this that makes it "harder".

Master_D
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM
I agree with everyone's opinion here regarding the difficulty. As far as difficulty Veteran seemed no worse than any other COD game and any fan of FPS should be able to trudge through, however its lack of polish and plethora of bugs can madden even the most skilled player.

With ditsy friendly AI, and Enemy AI that possess cybernetic eyesight and Psychic abilities, its a wonder how the Allies ever one the war.

Smoke is rendered almost useless as it seems all the German troops mugged Sam Fisher and stole his sonar goggles. Cover seems non existent as I would be prone in a house with 4 solid walls and bullets would continually hit me.

Lets not forget the lack of a sprint feature...seriously, WTF am I going going to do with binoculars except watch a German split my skull.

There were even sections where my own allies would push me out of cover because they wanted to be where I was at...collaborate much? How about my allies not moving an inch until I throw a grenade at an enemy, then they suddenly develop an interest to advance onto the grenade...brilliant.

In my opinion however, the levels before the infamous "Forest" went by fairly normal for Veteran, and I found the levels after the "Forest" to go buy quick as well; with the exception of the level where you had to disarm the Flaks in the trenches. That freakin' guy would literally shove his gun through the trench wall and blast me every time I tried to advance...garbage.

If the developers had taken their time with Quality Assurance, the campaign would not have reached the level of notoriety it has today.

Veteran has always been a pain in the arse as almost every gamer knows, but when you factor in bad programming to the difficulty, you wind up with something you did not initially sign up for.

These are my 2¢

Cheers

Wally Rizzle
01-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree with everyone's opinion here regarding the difficulty. As far as difficulty Veteran seemed no worse than any other COD game and any fan of FPS should be able to trudge through, however its lack of polish and plethora of bugs can madden even the most skilled player.

With ditsy friendly AI, and Enemy AI that possess cybernetic eyesight and Psychic abilities, its a wonder how the Allies ever one the war.

Smoke is rendered almost useless as it seems all the German troops mugged Sam Fisher and stole his sonar goggles. Cover seems non existent as I would be prone in a house with 4 solid walls and bullets would continually hit me.

Lets not forget the lack of a sprint feature...seriously, WTF am I going going to do with binoculars except watch a German split my skull.

There were even sections where my own allies would push me out of cover because they wanted to be where I was at...collaborate much? How about my allies not moving an inch until I throw a grenade at an enemy, then they suddenly develop an interest to advance onto the grenade...brilliant.

In my opinion however, the levels before the infamous "Forest" went by fairly normal for Veteran, and I found the levels after the "Forest" to go buy quick as well; with the exception of the level where you had to disarm the Flaks in the trenches. That freakin' guy would literally shove his gun through the trench wall and blast me every time I tried to advance...garbage.

If the developers had taken their time with Quality Assurance, the campaign would not have reached the level of notoriety it has today.

Veteran has always been a pain in the arse as almost every gamer knows, but when you factor in bad programming to the difficulty, you wind up with something you did not initially sign up for.

These are my 2¢

Cheers

What he said. Amen.

dragonpwnr99
01-09-2011, 06:32 AM
I ca agree this is a hard game but I just beat The forest a few mins ago and really it was very easy. would of done the road part my first try but as soo as i blew up the barricade they killed me on the mortar so on my second attempt at crossing the road i did it and beat the level, so far mission 6 was my hardest :/

Berserk117
02-16-2011, 02:32 AM
i haate this game on veteran. the AI friends get in the way and sometimes you get friendly fire. then smoke grenades are a MUST! also hate it when i kill everyone and then one enemy randomly appears out of nowhere and kills me when i have cleared most of the map also when they shoot me through the bushes when im prone.

Camel Ball Zee
04-25-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm stuck on The Forest too. The checkpoints are really shitty and the enemies can shoot through cover.

I spent hours trying to beat it,

ginge88isfun
05-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Just recently started this on Veteran mode, managed to do the first 2 chapters fairly easily, now I think i've found the part where i'll lose my voice and my control pad will be thrown across the room a few times in the near future.

I agree with some of you comparing COD2 and COD3 as about the same difficulty on Veteran.