PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Obtain 'Word of Mouth' Award?

xthewhiterabbit
12-22-2009, 10:51 AM
how exactly do i get the 'Word of Mouth' x360a Award? i figure the word of mouth, donate and 1000 posts is all i will ever get and i know how to get the other 2.

Blue Radium
12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Not exactly sure how long this thread is going to go without getting locked... but to clear up your question regardless. You have to spread the word about X360A. Include a link to this website on other forums that permit you doing so. Make x360a.org your motto, put the URL in your bio, there are plenty of things you can do.

Don't expect to get it anytime soon though, I have had the URL for X360A and a recommendation to use it for over a year in my bio and still no award. You shouldn't exactly strive to get the award though, just spread a good word about the site whenever it's appropriate, you'll get the award in good time.

xthewhiterabbit
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
guess ill never be getting it. i dont visit other communities. ive tried to be part of a lot of them but the ages for a lot are too low. all well, guess in time ill hit 1000 posts and once i get my credit card back in line i can donate a few bucks or so.

antnie
12-22-2009, 11:05 AM
The fastest way to get it is to just add x360a to your gamertag. That should net you the award real quick.

oDrPepper
12-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I believe you can get the award instantly if you change your gamertag to include 'x360a' and register it with the site. I think the award is actually for a certain number of referrals to the site though, which you can check how many you have on your profile.

Blue Radium
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
guess ill never be getting it. i dont visit other communities. ive tried to be part of a lot of them but the ages for a lot are too low. all well, guess in time ill hit 1000 posts and once i get my credit card back in line i can donate a few bucks or so.No worries man, being a helpful member of the community and making friends through boosting and other forms of gaming is what it's about. You could always try your hand at guide making, it's a rewarding feeling to know that thousands of people use your guides for help on a daily basis.

The fastest way to get it is to just add x360a to your gamertag. That should net you the award real quick. And yes, if you go through the process of being accepted as a representer, you are instantly awarded the award. You can't just add x360a to your gamertag though, there are a few things that go along with it: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78230

Q ipoddy Q
12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Can i add a question onto this thread also??

Is there a limit to how many people can have an award??

[Waggly Bean]
12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Can i add a question onto this thread also??

Is there a limit to how many people can have an award??

No, and for your interest, look here to see who has which awards:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/awards.php

The word of mouth is a funny award, in that I presume you're not supposed to ask for it, but I don't really see who out of the staff would be checking around for it. For instance, I have had x360a in my bio for ages, and have linked back to the site on my own website too (which gets a lot of hits). So I guess I've been spreading the word for a good while, but who's going to just 'stumble' across that fact? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it'd be nice to have it, but I don't really think it's that big a deal, so I can go without! :p

Ackis
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
;2637392']No, and for your interest, look here to see who has which awards:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/awards.php

The word of mouth is a funny award, in that I presume you're not supposed to ask for it, but I don't really see who out of the staff would be checking around for it.

I didn't know about that page... I guess the achievement site has... achievements. ;)

I figured all awards were like Fight Club. Don't talk about them. I knew about the award but I whore out the site to people because it contains good information, not because I'm trying to get a referral reward.

AntagonisticChaos
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I had no idea I could get an award just for being female :S Surely...that's not really an achievement on my behalf! :D

Muhnamana
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Here's a way to achieve the word of mouth. I've been vouched for but still need to change my gamertag though. So hopefully when I change it I'll receive the word of mouth award.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78230

davhth4
12-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Here is what i did. I took screen shots of me spreading word of mouth on myspace and bebo and twitter and facebook
then posted the images all here : \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2637764#post2637764 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2637764#post2637764)

Then a few days later I got the award. I didnt even know about the 1000 post one which I have now applied for.

By the way the person below is on about representers. That is NOT the word of mouth achievement that is becoming an official representer that is different. You dont need to change your name at all for word of mouth as you see I have it and my names on xbl and here dont have x360a in it. You get the award by doing that but it is not needed as you have to pay to change you gamertag but if you just want the award you do not need to put that in your gamertag.

oDrPepper
12-22-2009, 06:01 PM
By the way the person below is on about representers. That is NOT the word of mouth achievement that is becoming an official representer that is different. You dont need to change your name at all for word of mouth as you see I have it and my names on xbl and here dont have x360a in it.

No, you are given the Word of Mouth award if you become a representer, as you are advertising the site through your gamertag. Obviously, that isn't only way of getting it though.

davhth4
12-22-2009, 06:06 PM
i have edited it before i read your post anyway. If you read it now you will see that ive said it not the only way. Just becoming a representer doesnt just mean doing it for the award which is what the guy asked about. He asked for the award not how to become a representer.