PDA

View Full Version : How come?

Evil Chris 85
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
How come this website doesn't write a retail book with all the achievements in for the games on this site, I was thinking as sometimes when I am playing a game I want to look at something about a certain achievement but then i have to leave playing the game to load up my laptop which takes a fair old time (I have to hit the dinosaurs with a club to get them angry enough to start moving), but it would be a lot easier just to flick through a book, just an idea??

The Ultrafiend
12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I'd imagine copyright and licensing would have a lot to do with it. The minute you start making money off of something game related, you owe the publishers a percentage. Hence why Prima more or less monopolise the in-print game guide market.

It's the same with music. My band can cover whatever we like when we're playing live but if we actually recorded another artist's song and tried to sell it, we'd have to pay royalties.

Plus, the book would be heavier than the moon.

Evil Chris 85
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
They could do unifficial guides which they would only need peoples permission who wrote them also as for fitting them in one book it would be a little big but they could seperate them over 4-5 books

oDrPepper
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Do you know how many guides would have to be in that one book? It's physically impossible to make a book out of the content on this site. I think we can all agree that the site works well enough to provide guides as it is.

balance13
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
not to mention new games come out basically everyday that would need to be added somehow

Deyankees1
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
We do have a book

Amazon.com: Xbox360 Achievement Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) (9780761561583): Prima Games: Books

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-1093-The-Official-x360a-Guide-Book.html

Where have you guys been lol.

Keano
12-22-2009, 04:41 PM
As stated above, there is an x360a prima guide book however it only contains a select few guides.. The simplest thing to do is just to print out the guides that you need to look at. At the top right of each guide there is a button that shows you the printable version.

oDrPepper
12-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Well I didn't know that. :D

I usually just print them off like Keano said.

Evil Chris 85
12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
As stated above, there is an x360a prima guide book however it only contains a select few guides.. The simplest thing to do is just to print out the guides that you need to look at. At the top right of each guide there is a button that shows you the printable version.

I didn't even know I could print them, I will do start doing that..... thanks

Kairi
12-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I saw a x360a book in Walmart if you wanted that, but that only has a few guides- not all of them. All of them would be a very thick book, and then future guides would be excluded.

As other people suggested, I would just print it out.

Spawn Man
12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, just print them out. As soon as the book was printed it'd be outdated a day later.

dakisbac
12-22-2009, 09:29 PM
It would be impossible to have a book with every guide on this site simply because new guides are being written and added to the main site daily. As it's been mentioned, Prima has has printed a compilation book of x360a guides, but that was a while ago and didn't feature that many guides. Hopefully they will do another one soon