PDA

View Full Version : How connect xbox to pc

bobocum
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I tried connecting my comp to my xbox so I can watch videos on a tv, but it didn't work.

Any help?

Muhnamana
12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Here try this link.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup/alldownloads.htm

DivineBadger
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah it wouldn't let me do this either. You ahve to un-block your firewall.

Muhnamana
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah it wouldn't let me do this either. You ahve to un-block your firewall.

No, I don't think you need to do that. Mine works fine with my firewall turned on.

bobocum
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm trying windows media center, and it says cannot find extender.

Anybody know how to fix this :(

RazerindemiX
12-23-2009, 09:51 AM
mate this wont help but i set up my extender once took ages messing around and tryng things but that was some time ago now i've got a new os and tried to set up again and same as last time it dint work 1st 2nd or 3rd time and i thought better of it and gave up

plus the only videos & files you can stream pc 2 xbox must be legal not your avi/mkv/etc..files those will not show up in your media center video tab thats wuy i thought its not worth time and hassle

RetroHolo
12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
What OS do you have? Using Windows 7 it's pretty straightforward to share media with the network, and the xbox just seemed to discover the PC without any real setup. So I share media folders and use the video / music tabs to find the folders on the PC and play them through the Xbox. Plus you can play downloaded videos, or music. (AVI).

RazerindemiX
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
What OS do you have? Using Windows 7 it's pretty straightforward to share media with the network, and the xbox just seemed to discover the PC without any real setup. So I share media folders and use the video / music tabs to find the folders on the PC and play them through the Xbox. Plus you can play downloaded videos, or music. (AVI).

its vista home and my pc does find media extender but the xbox cant find the pc the problem lies in the firewall settings in N.I.S 2009 but like i said i'm not that brothered about it anyway as i have a d.v.i cable running under my floor from my pc to my hdtv so i can have my pc on my tv and watch and listen to any file i like

thanks for taking a instrest trying to help me out nice 1

oh sorry about wrong info on streaming avi files in previous post but you are limited to able to play only certain files though the xbox

RetroHolo
12-23-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah, there is the 'optional media update' that you can download to play divx videos and whatnot, but alot of formats are still unplayable. (MKV springs to mind).