PDA

View Full Version : World of Goo Save Game File's!?

jamesy305
12-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to use my save game from world of goo where i have already completed the criteria for some achievements on the GFWL version of the game???

Tj1zzle
12-22-2009, 11:04 PM
im gonna go ahead and say most definitely not

FOX-Inc.
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
im gonna go ahead and say most definitely not
And I confirm :p Steam and Microsoft are competitors, so this will just never happen, easy as that.

jolyrojr
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I am glad to see pc games get achievements finally, but damn it i already bought this game on disc...

while this is truely great game, I have zero interest in buying it again, and replaying it all over again for ocd flags, blah

Copyright
12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Where are the save game files for this game?

EDIT: Found the folder for WoG but still don't know which file/where the file is for the saved game.
I want to back up the saves, after I saw several people lost theirs for Tinker, I want to be cautious.

m4milo
12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Where are the save game files for this game?

EDIT: Found the folder for WoG but still don't know which file/where the file is for the saved game.
I want to back up the saves, after I saw several people lost theirs for Tinker, I want to be cautious.
Yes, same here. Does anyone know where the save file is located?

Irish Dave
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Just wondering if it is possible to use my save game from world of goo where i have already completed the criteria for some achievements on the GFWL version of the game???

The Saved Game has 2 Files if you only have 1 saved game in the "World of Goo Menu"

C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\GooSavegame.go o
C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\GooSavegame_Ir ish Dave.goo

Be sure to backup when you format the PC

PS.
Any other game you have on Games for Windows LIVE

The Saved Games are at...

C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\

(Replace "Irish Dave" with your PC's Username)

m4milo
12-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info!

artphobia
01-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Though this may work... I would venture to say it might been seen as "gamesaving" on Microsoft's side of things. I would be leary of trying it as all your achs would probably pop all at one time and give out a flag to microsoft employees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamesaving
Good luck

XBOX ISAAC82
07-14-2010, 05:13 PM
The Saved Game has 2 Files if you only have 1 saved game in the "World of Goo Menu"

C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\GooSavegame.go o
C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\GooSavegame_Ir ish Dave.goo

Be sure to backup when you format the PC

PS.
Any other game you have on Games for Windows LIVE

The Saved Games are at...

C:\Users\Irish Dave\AppData\Local\

(Replace "Irish Dave" with your PC's Username)

Seeing as I play this on a laptop that runs XP the below is where I found mine in case the above ain't helping.

C:\Documents and Settings\Isaac\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

XBOX ISAAC82
07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Another tip when using Search in XP go into "All Files and Folders" and click on the drop down menu "Advanced Search" and tick the "Search hidden files and folders". Now type in your Live username i.e. "ISAAC1982" and you will more less find all the game save locations in one hit.