PDA

View Full Version : A Fast Way To Get Not On My Watch

LicensedForwar
12-23-2009, 01:41 AM
By the standards of this achievement this method should save you a bit of time.

Step 1:Refer to Area 2 in this video. IT IS BEST TO DO THIS ACHIEVEMENT EARLY ON!

YouTube- The Saboteur - Not On My Watch Achievement, 2 Locations

Here soldiers have a very high tendency to harass the local populace.

Step 2: Don't just stand around and wait. Get into sprint and run around the local block.

You should encounter very soon soldiers trying to have a pop at some civilians.

(Note that soldiers punching do not count)

Don't try to kill them just simply run in between the solider and the civilian this will instantly provoke the solider counting as a save.

Keep doing this and you will quickly get the hang of it repeat till achievement pops.

Any questions feel free to ask.

DENAz666
12-23-2009, 01:49 AM
I waited until i got to Paris 3 to do this, you tend to find that the soldiers will line up 3-5 people on a wall and shoot them. Either way there is no shortage of people to save :P

R Rated Love
12-23-2009, 02:19 AM
I actually did not do this achievement early, and thus, am stuck at 17 people saved now that the game is over. (The "Civilians killed by Nazis" continues to rise, though I cannot find them anywhere)

Luckily I have an early save I can revert to.

DENAz666
12-23-2009, 02:27 AM
I actually did not do this achievement early, and thus, am stuck at 17 people saved now that the game is over. (The "Civilians killed by Nazis" continues to rise, though I cannot find them anywhere)

Luckily I have an early save I can revert to.

Hey dude, you can still save people once you've finished the game. Up in the North East of the map, i know i'm going to spell it wrong, but i think its called Sarruubuken or something like that. Its still occupied by Nazis, and there are plenty of civillians to save. Just annoying because there are a lot of nazis, and its hard to save a civillian without triggering the alarm :(

Gor1lla
12-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Cool to hear how you spell Saarbrücken :D

I glitched the game while doing Casanova (I managed to get into a building) and some Nazis tried to kill the woman. Everytime i shot the wall the Nazis stoped. Sadly i stopped at 37, so i'll get the achievement using this method.

Midnight Malice
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
After beating the game, I had 15 saves, without trying. To get the rest, I just ran around that first area in Saarbrücken, the three street "circle" connected to the enterence of the town, every minute or so, I'd hear a gun cock, and a Nazi start yelling, just get in the way, as the OP said, it will provoke them, and apparently, Nazi's have ADD, cause they will totally forget they were just about to execute someone giving you the save, and no alarms. If you see Nazi's and civilians walking around together, hang out for a bit, cause some of the time, a Nazi will start harassing a civilian. You'll know it counted when the contraband count comes up and says civilian assist. If nothing has happened in a while, plant some RDX within hearing distance of civies and nazi, they are more likely to excecute civilians when they are in search/suspicion mode (yellow hue).

Vestergaard
12-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks a bunch.
I'm at 27, by just playing through, this will help.

zan2000
12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I waited until i got to Paris 3 to do this, you tend to find that the soldiers will line up 3-5 people on a wall and shoot them. Either way there is no shortage of people to save :P
i havnt seen them line 3-5 people on a wall at once can you give an example of a location to go to?

R Rated Love
12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
i havnt seen them line 3-5 people on a wall at once can you give an example of a location to go to?

There's no specific spot, but I've seen it too.

Gor1lla
12-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I saw them on the big place that looks like a star or sun. The same place where the Nazi Guy is burning books

LicensedForwar
12-24-2009, 12:38 PM
There is a spot in that area where two or three civilians are being held that re spawn every so often.

You have to kill the soldiers to save them all as it seems running in between them only saves one.

R Rated Love
12-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Doing this in Saarbrucken takes forever, though when it's my last option, it's doable.

LicensedForwar
12-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Doing this in Saarbrucken takes forever, though when it's my last option, it's doable.

Im starting to feel that achievement guide needs some work. It kind of annoys me when ppl post guides when they haven't get all the achievements yet.

Officer Law Dog
12-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I was able to find a pretty decent spot to grind this out, provided that you have not liberated this area yet.

From the catacombs HQ there is an arms dealer just NE of the fairgrounds. I consistantly found one civilian to be saved at the T intersection just to the east of that dealer. From there, I headed SE to the travel checkpoint just south of the catacomb HQ, there were normally 3 women that were being lined up against the wall right next to the checkpoint gate.

Once you save all 4 people, save, rinse and repeat. It's a fairly decent spot since you reload right there at the catacombs.

sellou
12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
You don't even need a specific spot for this achievement. i went nuts running around in paris after finishing the game and a lot of the freeplay events. there were no nazis anymore and though very little chance of saving civilians from them. so i went to saarbrücken again and all you have to do is kill a nazi and wait for his buddy to find him dead. then there will be a suspicious zone and all of the civilians in it are going to be shot. run between them or kill the nazis - e voilá

LicensedForwar
12-26-2009, 02:27 PM
You don't even need a specific spot for this achievement. i went nuts running around in paris after finishing the game and a lot of the freeplay events. there were no nazis anymore and though very little chance of saving civilians from them. so i went to saarbrücken again and all you have to do is kill a nazi and wait for his buddy to find him dead. then there will be a suspicious zone and all of the civilians in it are going to be shot. run between them or kill the nazis - e voilá

Interesting find. How quickly did you get the achievement with this method?

mmartynn
12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
another nice one is to head to champs elysees, head to the circle witht eh giant archway and run around there, usually i find between 3-6 people to save. kill the nazis then run to the toilet to lose your alarm, rinse and repeat :)

Barad
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Yhh thats a good way of doing it.

ZYM
12-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I have seen the Nazi's line people up at the gates to area 3(where the Eifle Tower is) and when I see this I get a car and back up a bit and just mow down the 2 or 3 Nazi's lining them up on the wall and Ive done this a couple time and it didn't even set of any alarms since the car is moving so fast and you get 2-4 saves each time . . .

walross
03-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey dude, you can still save people once you've finished the game. Up in the North East of the map, i know i'm going to spell it wrong, but i think its called Sarruubuken or something like that. Its still occupied by Nazis, and there are plenty of civillians to save. Just annoying because there are a lot of nazis, and its hard to save a civillian without triggering the alarm :(

It's called Saarbrücken. And of course is "still" occupied by Nazis as it's a german city ;)

spydermatt
03-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I had only saved 4 civilians at the end of the game so i went and walked around saarbucken and just kept provoking the nazis when i saw them pointing a gun at a civilian. Took about 2 or 3 hours to finish the rest off.

resevil239
07-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I have to restart and will hopefully be able to do this easily in the VERY begining because I didn't know you couldn't do it earlier and there are now very few nazis in my game because I did almost all of the ambient events. I tried going up to germany (not even going to attempt to spell it, lol) and I couldn't find them bothering anyone.

Muse89
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Ive finished the game and only have 16. Running around Saarbrücken havnt found any in around 20 minutes so Im wondering if it would be quicker to restart the game or just stick with this? ALso does anyone know if those 16 saves would carry over if I restarted?

Muse89
08-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Sods law, but just after posting that I couldnt find anyone in Saarbrücken I start finding guys yelling at civilians every five minutes. I went from 16 to 34 in about an hour so just listen out for guns cocking, soldiers shouting or running soldiers and it doesnt take so long. I used that area mentioned by Midnight Malice, the first three street 'circle' in Saarbrücken