PDA

View Full Version : Mom calls 911 so son would stop playing Xbox360 (lol!)

Tailz
12-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Mom calls 911 over son's video game habit

Reported by: Associated Press
Last Update: 5:38 am

http://www.wptv.com/media/lib/90/f/9/5/f956d8a0-6bf9-43a3-b9fd-38b621197626/Story.jpg (javascript:void(0);) Boston mom calls 911 over son's video game habit. (WPTV)

BOSTON (AP) -- Police say a frustrated Boston woman called 911 to say she couldn't get her 14-year-old son to stop playing video games and go to sleep.

Police spokesman Officer Joe Zanoli said Monday the mother called for help around 2:30 a.m. Saturday to say that the teenager also walked around the house and turned on all the lights.

Two officers who responded to the house persuaded the child to obey his mother.

Zanoli says the mother's 911 call over video game obsession "was a little unusual, but by no means is it surprising - especially in today's day and age when these kids play video games and computer games."

The Boston Herald first reported the 911 call, saying the boy was playing the popular "Grand Theft Auto" game.

Tussell
12-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Sounds pretty pathetic to me, no reason to really get the authorities involved.

Seamus McLimey
12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Wow that's hilarious. From the looks of this article, the police didn't seem to mind getting such a useless call, which is pretty unusual. They tend to chew out anyone who "wastes their time".

Shoocker
12-23-2009, 02:09 AM
2.30 am is not extreme or anything, especially on a weekend, the call would of been justified had he done nothing but game for 24-72 hours

njdevils17
12-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Was it really that necessary to call 911 though? It didn't sound like it was an emergency.

davhth4
12-23-2009, 02:25 AM
The police should of told the mother off for letting her 14 year old play a game that is for 18 year olds and for her bad parenting lol.

Lord Yamikage
12-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Parent who does not have authority over her own child. That say a lot about the child parent. Sigh, what a waste of tax payer.

Joe x360a
12-23-2009, 02:41 AM
She called the police? What a shit excuse for a mother! Turn the Xbox off, give the kid a good beating and leave him in his room for the next few days. Make him think twice about it next time. A lot of parents shouldn't be parents, should still be in diapers if you ask me.

zTiamaTz
12-23-2009, 02:49 AM
This is what happens when yuppie parents refuse to say no to their children. When they actually need the worthless brats to do something, this is what they get.

I have no sympathy for her or anyone like her.

xthewhiterabbit
12-23-2009, 03:25 AM
if i was a parent of a teenager in todays world and he/she had more than 20K gamerscore id be worried, that is a lot of gaming. there is members with over 100K gamerscore. that is too much time on an xbox playing video games, there is so much more to life than video games and its sad that parents not only support these habbits but that these kids are too ignorant to know any better than to spend their lives playing video games.

Lazermatt
12-23-2009, 03:25 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7703/60474tacticalfacepalm.jpg

ApochWeiss
12-23-2009, 03:31 AM
"Go to bed."
"No."
*SMACK!*
"GO TO BED!!!"
"Y-y-yes mom..."
"GO!!!"

Simple. No cops called, and no intervention if you use a sock full of sweet Valencia Oranges... (family guy reference)

Seriously, there's so many rules and laws out there regarding children. In my area it's illegal to give your kid a spanking now. A SPANKING! WHAT THE FUCK! You can't even lightly tap your kid upside the head in a "You dummy" move, it's considered child abuse.

And people wonder why kids are so fucked up and hard to control. What are the parents doing to stop all of this? Nothing! Why? The government will throw 'em in jail if they do!

Articles like this really do make me sick, and I'm kinda glad she did that. Nothing else she really could have done, but I guarantee you if she does it again they'll call her a bad mother, unable to control her kid, and take the kid away.

if i was a parent of a teenager in todays world and he/she had more than 20K gamerscore id be worried, that is a lot of gaming. there is members with over 100K gamerscore. that is too much time on an xbox playing video games, there is so much more to life than video games and its sad that parents not only support these habbits but that these kids are too ignorant to know any better than to spend their lives playing video games.

It's called sheer boredom and a hobby. It's so easy anymore to break 20k with all the easy games out there, especially with family video games having collectable achievements as the hardest ones. I've had my 360 for 3 years now, got it for Dead Rising. I'm an achievement whore, yes, I'm blown more money on this system then I want to admit to.

But, at the same time, it's worth it when my friends sign on and realize I got farther while they slept, and they need to work harder to close the gap on my score :D

antnie
12-23-2009, 03:33 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7703/60474tacticalfacepalm.jpg
That is briliant. Lol.
Seriously the mother should have just turned the xbox off.

Spawn Man
12-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Lol. kid got pwned by mum. Lol.

lordrex217
12-23-2009, 03:48 AM
apparently it was a slow news day because this was front page news yesterday.

Bronxs
12-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Thats just sad. Seeing a parents who cant control is child...

ghostbusters16
12-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Thats pathetic. Why wouldn't you just take the xbox and keep it for a couple days?

iEddie_B
12-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Whatever happened to yanking the power plug :rolleyes:

lolimbeast
12-23-2009, 04:38 AM
this is why people with REAL emergencys suffer.

Afro Ninja
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Lol this website is mainly about achievements buddy, so of course your going to see people with 100,000GS. And I'm a teenager who lives with my parents :(

v_thorne
12-23-2009, 06:24 AM
What a waste of police time.
They could've been out busting a drug dealer, stopping a rape and/or homicide, they could've been doing a thousand things more important than this.

That mother just needs to learn how to crack the whip down. Who cares if he was up playing Xbox late on a Saturday night? He would've eventually fallen asleep anyway.

And who especially gives a fuck if he got up and turned all the lights on? Woooooooow.

I think she should've been charged, personally, for such an ignorant call.

SixtyeightState
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow that's hilarious. From the looks of this article, the police didn't seem to mind getting such a useless call, which is pretty unusual. They tend to chew out anyone who "wastes their time".

We're talking about the same police force that had to deal with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_bomb_scare). <---Link

Anyone else remember the bomb scare of 2007? Those were some good times!

LicensedForwar
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
YouTube- Wow Mom tells kid no more World of Warcraft

xCHICKEN DIXx
12-23-2009, 09:10 AM
That's right Joe nothing a good ole ass beating can't fix and the mother should have been fined for wasting other peoples money and time for something she could have done

Tufty
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM
That bitch is pathetic, if she is that good of a parent she could of just turned it off, or taken it off of him. Some guy could probably be getting the eyes robed out of his heard, but that doesn't matter when some 14 year old won't go to sleep.

II RUFF II
12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I know someone who is like that, his eyes are red raw and he loses his mind occasionally.

scarface
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Why didn't she cut the power cord to the 360?

ZundayXx
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
these kids

Made me giggle a little...

kix7711
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
theres a power button isnt there ?

xthewhiterabbit
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
i still think having over 20 gamerscore is too high for a teenager. when i was in high school i was in a world drumline, marching band and indoor drumline. i also spent time partying, doing homework for my AP classes,spending time with friends,working 2 jobs(most work one),starting my first band, spending time with family,spending time with a girlfriend. if you add up an extra curricular activity at school, all the friend time, some family time and girlfriend time you will be too busy to really spend MONEY or time playing video games.

i guess if you dont have a girlfriend, activity in/out of school, homework,family time,job and partying then i guess its not so hard to do. but then id really get working on getting a life. im not trying to sound condescending but there IS more to life than a video game. if this child sees his game as a priority over getting proper sleep for school or himself in general then the parent AND child are doing something wrong, mostly the parent.

im guessing this parent bought the xbox and games for this kid. simple solution; get a job and pay for the hobby yourself. at his age, he wouldnt even be able to get most of the games he wants to due to ratings. the parent is supporting the hobby,giving the kid tons of freedom for it and then trying to control it her way;doesnt work like that, at least a teenager doesnt work like that.

iKiddo
12-23-2009, 04:10 PM
i still think having over 20 gamerscore is too high for a teenager. when i was in high school i was in a world drumline, marching band and indoor drumline. i also spent time partying, doing homework for my AP classes,spending time with friends,working 2 jobs(most work one),starting my first band, spending time with family,spending time with a girlfriend. if you add up an extra curricular activity at school, all the friend time, some family time and girlfriend time you will be too busy to really spend MONEY or time playing video games.

i guess if you dont have a girlfriend, activity in/out of school, homework,family time,job and partying then i guess its not so hard to do. but then id really get working on getting a life. im not trying to sound condescending but there IS more to life than a video game. if this child sees his game as a priority over getting proper sleep for school or himself in general then the parent AND child are doing something wrong, mostly the parent.

im guessing this parent bought the xbox and games for this kid. simple solution; get a job and pay for the hobby yourself. at his age, he wouldnt even be able to get most of the games he wants to due to ratings. the parent is supporting the hobby,giving the kid tons of freedom for it and then trying to control it her way;doesnt work like that, at least a teenager doesnt work like that.

Stop acting like you are bloody 14 then. And sounding so jealous. I mean you are a member of an ACHIEVEMENT forum. Guess what people here do .. Just guess. Go on I dare you to.

OMG ITS GET ACHIEVEMENTS. 20k these days can be got in a month. Without even trying.

And maybe another reason behind why he games? A lot of people game out of it being an escape. Others obviously for other reasons.

I mean .. (Sorry in advanced if this causes offense Cru) Cru has got a kid and nearly 200k gamer score. So? Does that make her a bad parent? No it damn well does not. Does that mean shes got no social life? OH guess what .. NO it doesn't.

ghostbusters16
12-23-2009, 04:48 PM

I only have 2950 GS on this profile and 50k on another. I'm always busy doing stuff like yard work or helping friends and I always find time to play games on the weekend or on a Christmas break like now. It does get to the point that if you play constantly and avoid friends and a social life, you can become sad and maybe emo. Just kidding, but a lot of gamerscore isn't a bad thing.

CaptainSpanner
12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
That kid is hardcore. I would love the police to come to mine over my games. I'll tell them where to go. It is kinda pathetic. That mother needs a slap (from another woman obviously, a man doing it would be wrong).

Amazon Odie
12-23-2009, 04:58 PM
way to represent boston- idiots, my mom would have shot;) me or something if i did that

NocturnalMatty
12-23-2009, 06:10 PM

You're either a troll or a hypocrite. Choose one.

Absolutionz
12-23-2009, 06:19 PM
This world has gone to shit. You know we're in trouble when families look to police for simple disputes like this. Sounds to me like a good punch in the head would straighten this kid up.

Oh, and whiterabbit, please stfu. What gives you the means to judge if a person has a life or not? Regardless if a person is in HS or not, what if they prefer playing games to going out 'partying'? There's more to life than partying.

Kairi
12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
What a waste of police time.
They could've been out busting a drug dealer, stopping a rape and/or homicide, they could've been doing a thousand things more important than this.

That mother just needs to learn how to crack the whip down. Who cares if he was up playing Xbox late on a Saturday night? He would've eventually fallen asleep anyway.

And who especially gives a fuck if he got up and turned all the lights on? Woooooooow.

I think she should've been charged, personally, for such an ignorant call.
I agree. I hate when I hear that people call 911- like that whole Joe McCain thing a year back when he called to comp-lain about traffic. 911 is for EMERGENCIES, not stupid shit like someone playing video games, or traffic, or anything else like that.

Infection Ftw
12-23-2009, 06:39 PM
And that is why we pay taxes..for these emergencies..

brooks2000
12-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I love they way they felt like they had to say what game it was.

The only reason they mentioned it is because its a GTA game, and we know how the press love to have a go at GTA.

If the child had been playing Viva Pinata would it have gotten mentioned, i think not.

Infection Ftw
12-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Lol if it would be My Horse & Me 2 and it would be a wannabe gangster child then it would be funny:D

X360a Licey
12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
When i was in high school i was in a world drumline, marching band and indoor drumline. i also spent time partying
Oh yeah, people in marching bands are the hardcore partiers -_-

xthewhiterabbit
12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah, people in marching bands are the hardcore partiers -_-

would have been better if you sent me a message so you didnt compromise the integrity of this thread. the term "band nerd" is a steriotype. simple as that. i live with my girlfriend,have tattoos,piercings,smoke pot,enjoy drinking,have a job; yeah im a fkn loser.

McKaystyles
12-23-2009, 07:05 PM
poor shitty parenting

LadyJinx
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
That's just sad...

InkedUp
12-23-2009, 07:16 PM
This lady should have been given a ticket for misuse of the 911 emergency system, WTF. Its not the cops job to discipline your children, your the parent. I would have gave him 2 seconds to turn it off, or I yank the power cord and you won't see your 360 for a month. He would have cut that shit off quick. Control your kids, don't let your kids control you.

minimaster58
12-23-2009, 07:26 PM
The police should of told the mother off for letting her 14 year old play a game that is for 18 year olds and for her bad parenting lol.
Then there would be 0 GTA sales.

Q ipoddy Q
12-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Thats not video games making him do that, hes just insane

davhth4
12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Then there would be 0 GTA sales.

GTA isnt even that great. I wouldnt care if it had no sales.

Der Fuhrer
12-23-2009, 08:13 PM
It was only 2:30? I've stayed up all night and no one has gotten mad at me. :p This crap is retarded, if you don't want the kid playing games then don't give him and Xbox 360, simple as that.

CLB Fight Club
12-23-2009, 08:24 PM
What a waste of Police time, both the parent and kid need to sort themselves out.

iKiddo
12-23-2009, 08:25 PM
would have been better if you sent me a message so you didnt compromise the integrity of this thread. the term "band nerd" is a steriotype. simple as that. i live with my girlfriend,have tattoos,piercings,smoke pot,enjoy drinking,have a job; yeah im a fkn loser.

I live with my mum.

Yeah I'm FK'N AWESOME.

Euvel
12-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Remember a situation like this. I played games all the time and my Dad got tired of it so he told me that if I continued playing the game he would get the 8lb sedge hammer and fix the problem. No police got involved.

yeah im a fkn loser.
At least we do not have to help explain this to you.

BaconHorde
12-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Poor kid for having such a weak mother.

Slegger
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM

I could easily say that being in a band means that you're a loser because you're saying people who have more than 20,000 GS are losers. Btw, if you're such a badass, why are you afraid to say "fucking", and only "fkn?"

Saying that gamers with more than 20 thousand Gamerscore have no life is a stereotype too, you fucking hypocrite. Just because we have time to game AND have a life doesn't make us any less than you, since you claim to have such a grand life. Seriously, nearly ALL of my friends and the people I know play video games, it may not be as much as some people out there, but they still do it. Does it make them a loser? No. Hell, a lot of celebrities game in their spare time. It seems the internet today is filled with people who claim they have such a good life and brag about having a girlfriend, getting drunk and going to parties. To me, whoever does that is someone who tries to make himself/herself feel better by making everyone else "jealous." You're on a VIDEO GAME FORUM, you definitely don't have more of a life than any of us, since you're claiming to have such a good one. Hey, shouldn't you be smoking weed and getting drunk at that party right now?

By the way, having tattoos, piercings, smoking and drinking all the time doesn't make you "cool", it makes you an insecure asshole who thinks he's cooler than everyone. You'll either end up dead or in jail, I personally don't give a shit what happens to someone as low and pathetic as you.

Oh, and also, what does it matter what anyone besides you do with their life? Hmm? It doesn't affect you in anyway, so why do you care so much? What does it matter if someone plays video games 24/7 or someone has never even picked up a controller? Like I said, IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU! So stop worrying about everyone else and how their not "cool enough for you," and go live your supposedly "amazing, eventful and non-gaming filled life."

Now, please, reply with a witty "zomg u r just jealouz u dun gotz life laike me11!!one!." Or, come up with an intelligent retort without making yourself look like a total moron, which would be very hard for you, wouldn't it?

davhth4
12-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Saying that gamers with more than 20 thousand Gamerscore have no life is a stereotype too, you fucking hypocrite. Just because we have time to game AND have a life doesn't make us any less than you, since you claim to have such a grand life. Seriously, nearly ALL of my friends and the people I know play video games, it may not be as much as some people out there, but they still do it. Does it make them a loser? No. Hell, a lot of celebrities game in their spare time. It seems the internet today is filled with people who claim they have such a good life and brag about having a girlfriend, getting drunk and going to parties. To me, whoever does that is someone who tries to make himself/herself feel better by making everyone else "jealous." You're on a VIDEO GAME FORUM, you definitely don't have more of a life than any of us, since you're claiming to have such a good one. Hey, shouldn't you be smoking weed and getting drunk at that party right now?

By the way, having tattoos, piercings, smoking and drinking all the time doesn't make you "cool", it makes you an insecure asshole who thinks he's cooler than everyone. You'll either end up dead or in jail, I personally don't give a shit what happens to someone as low and pathetic as you.

Now, please, reply with a witty "zomg u r just jealouz u dun gotz life laike me11!!one!."

Dude calm down. He is just jelous that people have a higher gamerscore than him. I bet he some kid who has no friends and no girlfriend who sits at home trying to play games for GS but sucks at them all.

And Xwhiterabbit your posts in this thread makes you a loser no matter what okay. Just shit up and leave it and then you will stop making yourself seem less cool.

xI C0uch P0tat0
12-23-2009, 09:08 PM
She's the mother. She has the authority. Tell him what to do. No reason to call the cops.

I'm sort of in the same boat as this kid. My mom will catch me playing games in the middle of the night and tell me to go to bed. So I do.