PDA

View Full Version : sniping

challinko
12-23-2009, 07:50 AM
will the sniper be able to go prone. if not count me out this one.

Joe x360a
12-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Call the wahmbulance!

I don't think it matters man, sniping is sniping, and the maps are big enough so that it wouldn't make much difference. If you don't want to snipe, man up and grab a bazooka ;)

Cypher_Cobra
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
BF isn't a prone game, which is annoying since the prone is probably the most important firing position.

You'll just have to make due with the crouched position.

McApree
12-29-2009, 01:21 AM
will the sniper be able to go prone. if not count me out this one.

What do you need to go prone for? Kneeling completely hides you in a bush.

challinko
01-11-2010, 05:26 AM
What do you need to go prone for? Kneeling completely hides you in a bush.

doesn't matter, prone is the most legit army firing position, to not have it just sucks any type of reality the game has in it, at the same time lessening tactical manueverability, not all bushes conceal and not all cover is knee high.

Squirrel257
01-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Id like to see some prone action, but I will have to make do.

JohnnyR74
01-11-2010, 06:31 AM
It is a good question. Why is it so hard to include it? If proning isn't included, it won't bother me. I did fine without it in the first one.

Kastanaras
01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Don't understand how you could have a Battlefield game without prone?

BC1 works just fine with it so why remove it for BC2?

elephantd
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
BC1 was just fine without prone, I think prone isn't in the game to make people keep moving, and less camping.Oh well i'll be in tanks anyways;)

Chuppernicus
01-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Don't understand how you could have a Battlefield game without prone?

BC1 works just fine with it so why remove it for BC2?

Bad Company did not have prone my friend. Played with some diehard Battlefield PC gamers on Bad Company. I asked them about going prone then. They heard, prone was removed to avoid the Dolphin jump: Jump and then go prone and then rinse and repeat, guess it was annoying on the PC, gamers looked like dolphins jumping around on the battlefield to avoid getting shot.They hated it it. But, you can never really trust what you hear online, even though one of the guys was one of my former students. Good one at that.

Still it's not a big deal really, this isnt COD, the maps are "friggin huge guy theory" big. Keep um in line Joe x360. "Man up!"
Good times-

challinko
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
the dolphin jumping is a crock of shit excuse, its all in how they program the game, it can be stopped.

sinwar14
02-03-2010, 01:47 AM
bad company is a fast paced game and going prone makes its a slower paced game cuz of the huge maps

mejimmeh45
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
so your not going to buy this because you cant go prone? thats stupid. Also snipers are hard enough to find without prone.

TaytaMalikai
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I assume that prone isn't in the game because the maps are big enough that it's kind of irrelevant, and also because it's already hard enough to see people hiding in trees. But I gotta agree, lack of cover has put me off sniping in the demo.

Dombine
02-05-2010, 07:20 PM
You can't go prone, which I thought was silly but after playing the demo as a sniper for 2 hours, I fell back in love with Bad Company and I can not wait for this title!

I love the first and I love the demo for the second. I just hope the story is good and the Veteran Ranks lead on over from the first title.

I still can't add Battlefield 1943 to my Veteran Rank >:l

Dombine
02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Also, one of my fav moments in the Demo sniping is...

I was defending right at the back, with my sniper rifle. 2 guys on a quad bike head my way. I go to shoot the bike but it turns left quickly and I clipped the back of the Quad. The Quad blows up! both bodies fly forward and up in the air and the burning vehicle does a cork screw in the air before crashing into the water.

Epic Win!

ChipmunksRus
02-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I honestly must say I would hate battlefield if you could go prone, there would be too many snipers camping, you'd get killed from people hiding under things, etc.

Ex DeAdLy SkiLlZ
02-07-2010, 02:18 AM
you guys are mad prone is not in the game because you have no scope movement so who gives a fuck plus yes on bf2 you could take out a whole server Dolphin jumping although it did take a nice amount off skill to keep doing it.i think dice just thort if we let em go prone you gonna get people that are going to sit 3mile away and no one will be able to see them gliching threw bushes and the crouch is enough so the snipers are happy as well as everyone else

bawj
02-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Even with a sniper scope you can barely see someone crouching across the map, being able to go prone is just overkill.

Taiyz
02-07-2010, 06:40 PM
the dolphin jumping is a crock of shit excuse, its all in how they program the game, it can be stopped. I think it's a perfectly valid reason, honestly. It's the number one thing I hate in Modern Warfare 2. It looks ridiculous for people to jump and immediately go prone, and annoyingly it actually works really well if you don't have a 1-shot kill lined up.

iCondemned
02-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Why the hell do you want to prone for? It's not fun when you prone and the point of this is that it's BATTLEFIELD! Not Modern Wargay 2. I don't think there should be proning in this game. It would unbalance the game completely.

Hot Juicy Pie
02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
BF isn't a prone game Really? You're an idiot. Prone has been in EVERY BF game.

Fans of going prone in shooters, shuffling along the dirt to gain a strategic advantage on their adversaries, look away now. Announcing his aversion to the ability on Twitter (where else?), Battlefield: Bad Company 2 lead designer David Goldfarb (http://twitter.com/locust9) is not a fan of the move.
Fyi we will not add prone based on anything. You can stop asking now. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
Of course you can crawl on your belly in MAG, if you still feel the urge.
Some people are saying the prone feature will not be supported in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as it “slows down the game.” There are others, however, who feel its omission is due to the phenomenon of “Dolphin Diving (http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Dolphin_diving)” found in Battlefield 2. No, I had never heard of it either. Until now.

Unterofficer
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Why the hell do you want to prone for? It's not fun when you prone and the point of this is that it's BATTLEFIELD! Not Modern Wargay 2. I don't think there should be proning in this game. It would unbalance the game completely.
You are smaller target, and harder to see while prone. Also your accuracy is better while prone. Why do you think that shooting while moving, or from hip doesn't work in real life, and people shoot from prone position.

DarkCrown
02-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Really? You're an idiot. Prone has been in EVERY BF game.

[SIZE=2]

not in first bad company

oblivion god 78
02-09-2010, 12:24 AM
the engineer is the best class lolololololololroflroflrofl

McApree
02-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Really? You're an idiot. Prone has been in EVERY BF game.

[SIZE=2]

I have played 2 matches ever of Battlefield 2 and instantly saw everyone dolphin jumping or whatever. It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I will never play that game again, but I will buy BFBC2 day 1

TaytaMalikai
02-09-2010, 07:05 AM
You are smaller target, and harder to see while prone. Also your accuracy is better while prone. Why do you think that shooting while moving, or from hip doesn't work in real life, and people shoot from prone position.

Battlefield is not real life.
Battlefield is fucking Battlefield.
If you want a realistic game, play OF: DR. That's realistic. One shot, you're fucking dead.
As I've stated before, being able to go prone would just make it easier to hide than it already is, which is not hard given the "forests" in the levels, or being to stay safely on top of a building. As accuracy is not aided or hindered by your choice to crouch or stand, I think the game is fine as it is.
Presenting a smaller target? Okay, that's sort of valid when you're sniping from buildings I guess. But there are still covers and walls to hide behind.

Unterofficer
02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Battlefield is not real life.
Battlefield is fucking Battlefield.
If you want a realistic game, play OF: DR. That's realistic. One shot, you're fucking dead.
As I've stated before, being able to go prone would just make it easier to hide than it already is, which is not hard given the "forests" in the levels, or being to stay safely on top of a building. As accuracy is not aided or hindered by your choice to crouch or stand, I think the game is fine as it is.
Presenting a smaller target? Okay, that's sort of valid when you're sniping from buildings I guess. But there are still covers and walls to hide behind. Did I complain about that you can't go prone in the game? No I just said why people wanted it.

littlejay
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
snipers are already hard to hunt down when camping on the hill in the demo. going prone would make the game so unbalanced it wouldn't be funny.

the pc game was scaled for that kind of thing, bad company is not battlefield 2. it plays just fine without prone and with a kill cam. they are design choices the devs made and it is just fine the way it is.

i will say, a tank on the side of a hill a mile away shouldn't be able to snipe with the main canon but it happens, that is the only real current balance issue im aware of.

II M1CK3H II
02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Bad Company did not have prone my friend. Played with some diehard Battlefield PC gamers on Bad Company. I asked them about going prone then. They heard, prone was removed to avoid the Dolphin jump: Jump and then go prone and then rinse and repeat, guess it was annoying on the PC, gamers looked like dolphins jumping around on the battlefield to avoid getting shot.They hated it it. But, you can never really trust what you hear online, even though one of the guys was one of my former students. Good one at that.

Still it's not a big deal really, this isnt COD, the maps are "friggin huge guy theory" big. Keep um in line Joe x360. "Man up!"
Good times-

This.

Its really fucking annoying on CoD with all the retards Jumping then proning in mid air, but then again I've never really liked CoD MP, too easy and boring. So far it seems BC2 is extremely well balanced and fun, and actually provides a challenge. I care very little for prone though, snipers dont need it on this game and a lot of the cover in the game is conveniently placed so that it provides a lot of protection even without prone.

Emessai
02-10-2010, 03:44 AM
I think part of why the prone ability was kept out of this game (aside from the aforementioned reasons) is in fact to discourage everyone from sniping. If you ask me, short of the motion sensor, Recon is the least fun class to play (now, combat recon with a shotgun, C4, tracer and a motion sensor, that's fun) if you snipe. There's so much going on in that game, I feel deprived when I only snipe, which is rare. Along with that, too many snipers on attackers means you lose, too many snipers on defenders means once they get in your base, you lose. I think this way's fine, each of the four classes are equally attractive (okay, okay, so the Medic's a little bit more attractive ;]) and have their functions, snipers without prone make the sniping class played due to necessity, instead of just because it's easy kills (easy kills, I might add, tend to get you the least points anyways).