PDA

View Full Version : Waypoint style app for COD???

Skinstakovic
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey all,

I appologise if this has been raised in the past, forum searching is not my fortee, but i was just thinking how cool it would be if we had a halo waypoint style app for the Call Of Duty franchise. Again this would add something massive for the fans, be a chance to dish out gifts for the devoted, add bragging rights and more coving all 6 games so far.

What do you guys think?

And if there is a massive reply i might well consider getting the ball rolling on contacting activision and infinity ward and seeing what they have to say.

Do you think the halo guys would be upset about someone immitating their system though?

Thoughts people!!!

Skins

Kaiyo
12-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Not likely. Look at Halo, its owned by Microsoft since they bought the Halo franchise from Bungie.

Elit3 m0nkey
12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I would like to see a place on the dashboard where I can few my stats only because my computer is in my basement and my Xbox is in my room.

I am the batdan
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
That sounds like a great idea. Hopefully it would include avatar items for stuff done in the early ones too. Dog tags, helmets, shirts or something for veteran completions back to CoD2 or even the new arcade classic.

It would be a cool way to get the most of the CoD star power.

Slegger
12-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Not likely. Look at Halo, its owned by Microsoft since they bought the Halo franchise from Bungie.
They didn't buy it, they just publish it, so they own the rights to it. Bungie still owns Bungie.

elephantd
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Gutair hero needs one, so many games have been punched out in the franchise!

I would get every app so bring more!

DuHsoccer
12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Don't think it's possible, microsoft has the publishing rights to halo,

my two cents. :)

Tufty
12-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Halo Waypoint didn't do as well as Microsoft thought. Many people just downloaded it for the Avatar Awards and then deleted it. so I doubt it.

Thehefferkiller
12-24-2009, 05:31 PM
i think this is a good idea, it could allow them to give away the free stuff that they wanted to give. and allow you to add up all of your CoD cheevos in one. like getting "when the sun shows" or whatever it is (10th prest) cheevo in WaW you'd get a floating 10th prest. symbol accessory (play thing). it has alot of possibility's

SaintKnight
12-24-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it would be good to have. Maybe award someone with something super cool for your avatar for taking the time to beat EVERY CoD game on Veteran. That would be a pain, but I think it would be good as long as I can beat Mile High Club and CoD3. It really sounds unlikely, cuz if you think about it, the developers may play a role in it, because IW and Treyarch have made CoD games so in order for that app both those companies would have to get an agreement. I wouldn't think that would be a big deal tbh, but you never know.

Bleeding Star
12-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Halo Waypoint didn't do as well as Microsoft thought. Many people just downloaded it for the Avatar Awards and then deleted it. so I doubt it.

which also deleted the avatar awards for me

I wouldnt mind that sorta app for something like Rockband, a MW one would be cool too though

specVjavi
12-25-2009, 10:25 AM
it would be cool, but honestly i dont even use Halo Waypoint, except for when they release a few of the Halo Legends videos. I see the same thing happening with a CoD one, for me anyway.

CaptainSpanner
12-25-2009, 11:58 AM
I really like this idea. I think its perfect. Definatly call Activision/Infinity Ward about it and see if there is one on the way... Also, if you do, give us updates...

X WIFE3
12-25-2009, 01:02 PM
that would be great :D

Joe x360a
12-25-2009, 01:56 PM
This is Infinity ward, Not Bungie. Bungie do very well in terms of Community, they do what customers want (in my opinion). Where as Infinity Ward let people buy a game rid with glitches, a good game, but still ridden with glitches.

I personally don't think it would be in IW's interests, the chances are you have bought their game, you have some stats you can view, they don't give a flying monkeys shit really.

Skinstakovic
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
UPDATE:

ok, i've just got intouch with FourZeroTwo, IWs community manager. I have asked for an official word from IW so lets see what happens. Further updates as/when/if i get them :)

Skins

R Rated Love
01-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Doesn't Call of Duty have multiple developers? I'd think that would lead to issues of any application like this coming out, though I don't know the technicalities of how something like this works.

Not to mention there's not a snowball's chance in hell they're going to just give out free avatar awards as long as people are willing to pay for them. (And judging by how many people on my friends list have CoD avatar shit, people are definitely more than willing to pay for them!) I'd wager Microsoft let the Halo shit go free as a test of sorts. It encourages people to buy Halo games they haven't played for the sole purpose of earning the awards, which in turn makes Microsoft money.

To be honest I'd hate for every game franchise to start making these sorts of applications.