PDA

View Full Version : harddrive has deleted saves. help!

mmartynn
12-23-2009, 09:26 PM
i just went to finish off the last few missions on deadspace impossible, to find my save data has been deleted. i went to my harddrive and pretty much all the saves for my games have gone! can some1 help to either say, how to get them back. or atleast why its fuckin happend. i havent recoverd my GT or anything like that. theyve just, gone..
takes the piss!!!

Hobo Sniper
12-23-2009, 09:30 PM
hmmm, sounds strange, could of corrupted, seems like a fault in the hard drive. I dont think there is even a method of recovering saves from the hard drive. Very annoying indeed, but there is not much to help you on this one. Sorry.

By pretty much do you mean all of your games or everything such as DLC, and Arcade Games, Themes...etc

Shinobi273
12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Is it possible that you deleted all content attached to your GT? A few members including myself have done this. There is an option when you delete items, to delete all files associated with the account.

It causes all your saves on the connected storage units to be deleted. It does not affect content on your gamertag or the XBL servers. I lost all my campaign progress and schematics in Chromehounds but retained my online stats, equipment, and money.

There is no way to recover your lost data.

Starstrukk X360A
12-23-2009, 09:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is the fact your HDD somehow corrupted your saves.

Although usually if they're corrupted you can still see them.

mmartynn
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
i still have all my dlc, arcade games, themes and gamerpics.
just saves that seem to have gone.
and shinobi, no i havent deleted or recovered my GT. ever.

Shinobi273
12-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Okay, it just sounds exactly like what i did. All the videos, themes, and gamerpics were still there, only saved game files and the GT were gone. This was pre DLC so I can't say if those remained.

mmartynn
12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay, it just sounds exactly like what i did. All the videos, themes, and gamerpics were still there, only saved game files and the GT were gone. This was pre DLC so I can't say if those remained.

but my GT is still there. thats what fuckin sucks ass. i was soo close to having the hardcore achie in mass effect (on the very last planet and about 20 mins away from the relay to the citedal) and on dead space on impossible, just got to the bit where hamond dies. without downloading the tank pack :(

JackBauer24
12-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe I'm just throwing something up against the wall and hoping that it sticks, but do you think that you didn't let a save finish saving before turning off your 360? I can't think of any other reason why your saves would be gone other than the obvious reasons.

mmartynn
12-23-2009, 11:16 PM
nah, i always make sure it saves, resumes gameplay,then ill quite to main manu, then go to dashboard before i turn my xbox or evan remove the disc.

Slegger
12-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Did your try clearing your cache, removing and reattaching your hard drive, restart your xbox and try going to a game that has a save in it, and try loading it up VIA the game's menu? Try doing those, then post again.