PDA

View Full Version : EA Account Frustration

BadBoyKillah89
12-23-2009, 09:33 PM
A couple days ago I decided to download the 'Army of Two: The 40th Day' demo. I click on Play & then click on the public co-op match option for the game to give me this message: 'Login Error' 'The e-mail address and password do not match'. Now I know that is complete crap because of the fact that I can sign in to EA.com with no problem. I was thinking that since this demo was giving me this problem, all EA online games would give me this problem. I go to put in Mirror's Edge, guess what, I'm locked out of connecting to the EA servers (Time Trials) because of this 'Login Error'. It seems that I won't be able to play any EA games online. I've spoken to their "customer support" several times on the live chat they have and none of them have yet to fix this problem. EA has completely locked me out of all the online portions of their games because of some kind of bug or glitch in their server system. Now I'm curious, is anybody else currently having this problem or maybe have had this problem in the past? I've completely run out of ideas on how to fix this problem and it would really suck to be locked out of EA's online games forever. Anybody have any suggestions or experience with this?

Starstrukk X360A
12-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Huh. I was able to log into my EA account on the Army of Two demo perfectly. Although that was almost a week ago.

Maybe they're just down for the time being?

BadBoyKillah89
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Huh. I was able to log into my EA account on the Army of Two demo perfectly. Although that was almost a week ago.

Maybe they're just down for the time being?

Yeah that crossed my mind at first but it can't be that because a friend of mine was able to sign in to their servers with no problem.

roy1751
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Unless you're willing to spend many hours in online chat or on the phone with worthless EA reps to get this fixed, you are screwed.

http://i.imgur.com/TK62L.png

BadBoyKillah89
12-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Unless you're willing to spend many hours in online chat or on the phone with worthless EA reps to get this fixed, you are screwed.

Yeah, EA's "customer service" is crap. I've spoken to a few of them in that live chat. The latest one deleted all my EA accounts like I asked him to. I'm starting from scratch, hopefully it fixed everything. It's funny though, I could play Battlefield: Bad Company online but couldn't play Mirror's Edge Time Trials (at least not online). I haven't made a new EA account yet but once I have and attempt to connect to Mirror's Edge or the Army of Two: The 40th Day demo, I'll post back my results. I really hope this crap is resolved. If I'm fucked out of the online portion of all future EA games, forget it. That's it for me with EA. Sucks too, I was really looking forward to Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 2, etc. (I'm glad Rage is no longer being published by EA).

Steve50013
12-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Yeah EA Seems to have their different departments on two different sides of the earth...

Sales -- On the Moon
Customer Service -- Below the Ocean

Gackt
12-24-2009, 04:27 AM

I hate to laugh at your misfortune there but that made me laugh quite a bit :D

BaconHorde
12-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Wow. That guy is not the best support in the world.

SkyChat
12-24-2009, 09:31 AM

They should give Austin a spellchecker.. what a dumbass.

Susurrate
12-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I had that error and posted on their forums, one of the admins fixed it for me. Doesn't hurt to try.

BadBoyKillah89
12-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Got the problem fixed. Everything they suggested didn't work, my suggestion did. I had the EA rep delete all my accounts (therefore I started from scratch), I created a new one in the Army of Two: The 40th Day demo. I was able to play the demo finally and also checked if everything was alright with Mirror's Edge. I'm fine now, no thanks to EA. They just basically did what I told them to, all of their crappy suggestions got me nowhere. If they would just let you delete your own account, there would've been no reason for "customer support".

specVjavi
12-25-2009, 10:00 AM
wow that transcript was hilarious. EARepAustin should get a pat on the back.

Capn Doug
12-26-2009, 04:11 PM
There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that hate EA with a passion. I had to deal with EA Customer Support a while back for Rock Band when my drum set stopped working and found them nothing but pleasant. Even though I was out of the warranty period, by a wide margin, they sent me a replacement set as a courtesy. It was pretty nice. Now I can actually get those drumming achievements on my 4 different Rock Band games (2, Lego, Beatles, AC/DC) plus Guitar Hero World Tour. The difference seems to be that I picked up an actual phone and talked to them. I have never used live chat.

BadBoyKillah89
12-27-2009, 01:11 AM
^ Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Fact is, the majority seem to have a major problem with EA's customer service.

oDD Reflex
12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I had similar problem trying to play NBA LIVE 09 online earlier this week, couldn't get access to EA servers.

Then I went on a mini-rant and posted =P

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197617

R Rated Love
12-27-2009, 09:25 PM
There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that hate EA with a passion. I had to deal with EA Customer Support a while back for Rock Band when my drum set stopped working and found them nothing but pleasant. Even though I was out of the warranty period, by a wide margin, they sent me a replacement set as a courtesy. It was pretty nice. Now I can actually get those drumming achievements on my 4 different Rock Band games (2, Lego, Beatles, AC/DC) plus Guitar Hero World Tour. The difference seems to be that I picked up an actual phone and talked to them. I have never used live chat.

You're forgetting, this is the internet. If you don't have something negative to say, get the hell away.

Capn Doug
12-28-2009, 02:40 AM
You're forgetting, this is the internet. If you don't have something negative to say, get the hell away.

Yes, I realize that anonymity breeds negativity, I have posted some negative things myself, I just wanted to point out that I have had only good experiences with EA.

oDD Reflex
12-28-2009, 05:57 AM

Internet let few people get bold that wouldn't in real life, no doubt about that, but outside of that, it also serves as one's soap box, however narrow-minded the reader of his/her comment may be. :)

Senate4242
12-28-2009, 11:34 AM
After having troubles for months getting my gamertag linked to my EA profile, I sent them an email on their troubleshooting portion of the website. It took a week or so, but it was finally resolved.

Might try there next.

Darck
12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I had a problem associating my gamertag with my email adress for the EA account and here's the response i got from the EA guy.

Subject

Hello, i bought BF1943 but cannot log inside a game since i get a login faile...

Discussion Thread
Response (EARep*****)
07/09/2009 04:52 PM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you thus far.

In order to solve this problem please follow the steps given below :

Step 1: Download the Facebreaker Demo from the Marketplace (XBL)

Step 2: Create and upload a boxer.

Step 3: Delete that horrid demo.

That's it, your EA account will now reflect your updated info and you will no longer receive the login error.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Sincerely,

EARep *****
Player Relations

At least they know they're mistakes and can be funny sometimes :) , and yeah... you might wanna try that.

BadBoyKillah89
12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
After having troubles for months getting my gamertag linked to my EA profile, I sent them an email on their troubleshooting portion of the website. It took a week or so, but it was finally resolved.

Might try there next.
I had a problem associating my gamertag with my email adress for the EA account and here's the response i got from the EA guy.

At least they know they're mistakes and can be funny sometimes :) , and yeah... you might wanna try that.

@ both of you
I appreciate the feedback, but if you read, I got it resolved myself. It was a matter of starting from scratch. Deleted all my ea accounts & now I'm able to play on their crappy servers again. :woop:

Btw, that Facebreaker demo doesn't exist anymore. That was one of the many things I tried before I finally got things fixed. My advice to anybody else having this problem would be to delete any ea accounts they have and just start over.

Munkapotatoes
12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
EA customer support through the interweb is seriously flawwed. E-mail responses take weeks or never. Livechat is shite. Find their phone number (super hidden secret hard to find) and call them up. Once i got them on the phone they had my issues settled in no time.

Also, EA's login servers are all screwey, from their shop, to their website, to game-specific sites, the propagation of login information doesn't always transition smoothly.

MrOleg
12-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah EA Seems to have their different departments on two different sides of the earth...

Sales -- On the Moon
Customer Service -- Below the Ocean

haha i second that
but wouldn't be the universe the moons not part of the earth.
just saying.