PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

Cino101
03-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Just got the game and this being my first golf game I stink, any recommendations on where to start practicing? I didn't see any tutorials on the game, should I just go face first into career mode to learn the mechanics? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://card.mygamercard.net/Cino101.jpg
http://profile.mygamercard.net/Cino101

DaveWilma07
03-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I would recommend hitting the career mode. It will guide you in gently and allow you to pick up the game mechanics through the early stages. You'll also get little pop-ups advising you of how shots are played etc. Once you've completed the first few events you'll be able to enhance your golfer and increase stats steadily until your a pro :)

Takes a bit of practice, but with time you'll be hitting those pars and birdie's on a regular basis. Just make sure to hit the ball straight during those power shots. It can be tricky tapping the trigger button and using analogue at the same time!

Minty
03-02-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah, it will take you some time, but practise makes perfect!!

Cino101
03-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Sounds good, you dont need to raise your skills in solo to play online though do you? I would imagine everyone on there is at the same stat level (just some are extremely better than others with natural skill!)

Minty
03-03-2006, 12:46 AM
if you want to use your own character online, then i would highly recommend improving the stats. i think a standard golfer will hit a drive aboyt 265 yards, where as a maxed player will be reachin 330 yards- big difference which will cost you shots every round

minimum you need is maximum power, but going through and getting maximum putting, rcovery, spin, luck etc will only make the game easier for you ;)

Cino101
03-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Ok I thought you could just jump online and play with the big boys if you were good but I guess you need to play solo to beef up your stats first? Thanks for the help. I need to play solo anyways becuase I am just learning.

DaveWilma07
03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
If you wanted to get stuck into the online play, you could play as Tiger Woods or one of the other golfers...but its always best to play as your own character. Adds originality to the game, plus you can also get your stats higher than the best golfers :)