PDA

View Full Version : My gamerscore went down when I joined xbox live?

joshcamp1990
12-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Ok so I recently Joined Xbox live and when I did it seems some of the games have lost their achievements. I lost nearly half of my total gamerscore now my gamerscore is nowhere near compared to some of you guys but still I don't want to have to re-do all these achievements again. When I click on games played it still shows I've done the achievements on those games however, when I log onto my xbox live profile my gamerscore does not show it. Can anyone explain this and how I can fix it.

Mister Buds
12-24-2009, 03:45 AM
how long ago did you check this? xbox.com usually takes a while to update. when you look at your games it will show you have the achievements because they've been earned and updated to their servers but they don't re-calculate your gamerscore for a while.

N-Forced
12-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Try to recover your account on your console, that seems to fix it sometimes.

OneSweetShannon
12-24-2009, 04:35 AM
If you recovered your gamertag instead of just connecting to Live, then you would lose any achievement points earned offline since the last time you had connected online.

Beatonator
12-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Sometimes this happens when earning offline achievements.

Here's the best solution I have found:

Find "said game"... Insert disk, let it load to main menu... Boot to Dashboard...

Rinse, repeat.

It then updates LIVE by checking your achievements on the game your currently playing (IE, the one you just loaded)

Apparently I heard using this method it ONLY updates your last 6 played in any 24hr period.

So do 6 games at a time via this method and it should work fine.

Don't recover your gamertag as if MS hasn't recognised you having the achievements, same might be said for your "Recoverable Gamertag".

hope that helps!

Q ipoddy Q
12-24-2009, 09:29 AM
My account lost ALL of its gamerscore, and i never found out why =/

Kairi
12-24-2009, 03:54 PM
My account lost ALL of its gamerscore, and i never found out why =/
I lost all of my gamerscore and my HardDrive decided to delete all of my saves with it. >_<

Hobo Sniper
12-24-2009, 05:01 PM
This simple solution should work, boot up the game (it then updates your gamerscore to live), and do it again with every game until you are back with your original gamerscore.

RomanLizzy
01-18-2010, 03:11 AM
This simple solution should work, boot up the game (it then updates your gamerscore to live), and do it again with every game until you are back with your original gamerscore.

OK.. so I'm VERY new to Xbox Live and I'm very confused as to why my gamerscore is back to 0 and all of my saved games are gone... Do they not count if I was never on Xbox Live when I did all of those things? Do I have to play every game over and earn the achievements again?

DENAz666
01-18-2010, 03:22 AM
No reason for your gamesaves to disapear, they should all still be there.

I never had problems with this, and i earnt about 10K offline before finally jumping on live. Took a while to update, but they all eventually loaded up fine.

As suggested above, just wait a few days for it to update. Or find the original game and put the game disc in and boot it up while your logged into live. That will sort it out :)

Tod Der Mörder
01-18-2010, 06:01 AM
I've had the same problem, except mine haven't come back. So I had to re-do the achievements that I had lost. But I thought it was like when you play off-line and then you recover gamer tag and then the offline achievements you got were not there. So I made a new account and surprisingly it had the opposite effect. Did some achievements, then recovered gamer tag on a different system and it still had the achievements. Any answers for that one? I'm stumped.