PDA

View Full Version : Starkiller lives on?

Orion of Xi
12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey I just wanted to see what some peoples theories might be on how he survived since he was presumed dead at the end of the first game? I hope it isnt disappointing like they dropped his body somewhere and wakes up later. Just wanted to see what people are thinking.

Dredgon
12-25-2009, 05:21 PM
I believe Vader probably made him appear dead, and took the body to "dispose" of it, but actually revived him. Or, maybe he actually died and is in the Force afterlife, but that is probably less likely. What I really want to know is what the heck that beast was that wrecked that rancor!

Lord Yamikage
12-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I believe Vader probably made him appear dead, and took the body to "dispose" of it, but actually revived him.

I have to assume that the sequel took off from the "Good Ending". Otherwise, it is impossible how the Starkiller is in his current situation. Also, it wouldn't be surprise if Darth Vader done this method again. Eh, we'll see what and how it happened.

Or, maybe he actually died and is in the Force afterlife, but that is probably less likely.

With all due respect, that doesn't sound appealing. Force afterlife? Eh.... what can you do in Force afterlife? I don't think there is another war going around in afterlife.

What I really want to know is what the heck that beast was that wrecked that rancor!

It looked like thousand steroid Bull Rancor.

blee717
01-06-2010, 02:28 AM
TFU2 is canon so Galen Marek never killed Vader. How he managed to live will be a mystery until it comes out. It goes to show, never underestimate the power of the Force or George Lucas

xAHAx Skywalker
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I can see the whole "Vader takes the body to dispose of it" idea and then somehow revives him.

It will be pretty sweet if you somehow escaped without Vader's help (super unlikely) and spent the game hunting Vader and the Emperor only to be killed at the end by Vader. Epic and tragic. Gold!

All I know is I'm pumped and looking forward to a release date. Probably Fall 2010.

Lord Yamikage
01-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Probably Fall 2010.

Or late December? [LINK] (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76710)

Don't know how accurate these dates are (seem to be changed, not this game, but other games I been checking). but they are better than nothing. At least to me.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
01-16-2010, 02:03 PM
He's laying still after the explosion. Doesn't have to be dead. Or maybe a clone. Is it still set between 3 and 4? Cloning him to take out Luke after ROTJ might be interesting.

maxpwns
01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
they could follow the story after the return of the jedi (yes there is one) and you play as luke and strike down the revived emperor palpatine (this is what 3+ hours on Wookiepedia will get you)

xAHAx Skywalker
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Cloning him to take out Luke after ROTJ might be interesting.

That would be an interesting twist, and it could fit into the Star Wars Universe nicely if Luke wins. It would just be another "untold story".

Volzagia
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
He better be alive he was too awesome :(

TknoT
01-19-2010, 09:49 AM
my theory on the situation is that obvisouly this takes place after the events of the orginal no doubts about that, but how it starts off no telling, possibly the emperor had him saved or revived or possibly vader, or maybe the is just so strong with the force they dumped him out into deep space and healed himself who knows. im looking forward to title and just hope that lucas arts can keep with up what they are known for good storylines.

noobie2games
01-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Obviously starkiller lives on, I don't know how really. With all the different endings I kind of forget the endings actually and they are all mixing together in my head. Anyway story was pretty good in first, but I want to see more cut scenes and a good story. But more importantly gameplay has to be improved.

ethanl2k7
02-18-2010, 01:24 AM
He's laying still after the explosion. Doesn't have to be dead. Or maybe a clone. Is it still set between 3 and 4? Cloning him to take out Luke after ROTJ might be interesting.

not a star wars expert but doesnt blue lightsabres signify jedi, except for that robot spider guy from the third movie?

frogcrazyant
02-22-2010, 03:47 AM
I agree with the sequel is coming from the "good-ending" side of the first game. There is no way that I can see them trying to come up with some BS explanation to loook the way he did in the trailer from the edning of the "Bad-Ending". It just wouldnt make sense. He was trapped in that Sith Stalker armor forever, and if he took it off he would die. Just like what happened to Darth Vader in episode 6. So I think Galen's rebirth has something to do with Vader. Sneaky, Sneaky Vader. Always got cards up his damn sleeve.

M1keX
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
First off yea light colours tend to mean jedi because theres something about the red crystal (that makes a red saber) that only dark force users can use idk for sure.

And i don't think hes working for vador or the imperials for that matter as he is hearing voices from yoda and vader in the trailer which comes across to me as he's meet them both and his remembering what they said to him (yoda trying to save him, vader causing more anger in him).

So if thats the case this will be set around the time or before ROTJ as yoda dies in ROTJ, how he's back alive tho is weird maybe he's more powerful in the force then first throught and some how used the force to reborn a new, we know the force can be used to play with lives (using it to revive people) as the emperor said to anakin in EP.3.

Anyway to me this storyline could be really good if they get it right.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
02-26-2010, 10:38 PM
not a star wars expert but doesnt blue lightsabres signify jedi, except for that robot spider guy from the third movie?

Doesn't have to be. Also just because he's reborn to take out Luke doesn't mean he can't stray from the darkside again.:p

frogcrazyant
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Well as seen in the Hoth DLC, they have thrown the storyline out of the window with Luke turning bad and wanting to join Starkiller. So I dont even care anymore, I just want to play this game.

xCurvingBulletx
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM
mabye he used the force to stop his heart from beating to make darth vader think he is dead, and then starkiller runs of to find yoda and partners up with him to defeat the emperor and darth? but i guess that would put the movie out of wack, so then i guess darth kills starkiller and yoda runs and lives on dagoba like from the movies, then the story of luke skywalker begins, oh and i guess princess leia has to hide from darth after he kills her step father bale organa?...

...i thought about it alot:p

Lord Yamikage
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Well as seen in the Hoth DLC, they have thrown the storyline out of the window with Luke turning bad and wanting to join Starkiller. So I dont even care anymore, I just want to play this game.

If I am not mistaken, the Hoth DLC is more like alternative route for what could have happen if Starkiller choose the Dark Side. Don't take to heart. Based on the short teaser, Starkiller obviously choose the "Light" side (or good). Anyway, looking forward for the game.

darwin42
03-19-2010, 04:10 AM
My guess is that it has something to do with cloning. The Emperor (and others) have been repeatedly cloned, and then had their consciousness transferred over to the clone. For example, Bevel Lemelisk (one of the engineers that developed the Death Star) was killed in a gruesome way by the Emperor every time he disobeyed him. The Emperor would then copy him into a clone that he had grown.

Oh, and for the record, the difference in lightsaber crystals is because Jedi search for naturally formed crystals to use in their lightsabers, while Sith artificially grow their crystals. That's why Jedi sabers are all different colours and Sith ones are always red.

noobie2games
04-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Without reading anyone else's comments or even remembering the ending, which he may have died in. I say yeah he'll be in the 2nd hopefully. I would like to see more of Star Killer's story, but really make the game play better.

M1keX
04-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Without reading anyone else's comments or even remembering the ending, which he may have died in. I say yeah he'll be in the 2nd hopefully. I would like to see more of Star Killer's story, but really make the game play better.

You not seen the trailer too ? lol as he is shown in there, thats why were all wondering how hes back :P

el_pieablo
05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
As i've finished the game, and thus not too bothered, could the OP edit the forum title to include SPOILER for the users who havent played the first or completed the first one yet?

Lord Yamikage
05-05-2010, 05:49 AM
As i've finished the game, and thus not too bothered, could the OP edit the forum title to include SPOILER for the users who havent played the first or completed the first one yet?

Title cannot be changed by anyone other than the Admin, Super Mod, and Mod. You - or OP - will have to PM Admin/SM/Mod to change the title to avoid spoiler.

Vonzipper
05-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Hey I just wanted to see what some peoples theories might be on how he survived since he was presumed dead at the end of the first game? I hope it isnt disappointing like they dropped his body somewhere and wakes up later. Just wanted to see what people are thinking.

Did you not see my thread on the latest issue of GamePro? It answers all your questions!

*Spoilers*

The game starts off on Kamino. Vader is keeping Starkiller in a sort of cell. He has Starkiller fight multiple PROXY units. He defeats them all until one of them turns into Juno Eclipse, and he can't bring himself to do it. Frustrated and confused Starkiller turns to Vader and asks why. Vader tells him that he is a clone, and not only is he a clone, but he wasnt the first one. Since there has been no successful clone of a jedi before, all the other clones went insane.
Starkiller breaks down shortly after hearing this, and decides to break out of his prison on Kamino. Fights through a ton of guys and escapes in Vader's TIE fighter.

It's all here! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=226536)

Or late December? [LINK] (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76710)

And did you not see the news post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5076-Star-Wars--The-Force-Unleashed-II-Release-Date-Confirmed.html)on the x360a home page? The release date is October 26th ;)

M1keX
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Did you not see my thread on the latest issue of GamePro? It answers all your questions!

*Spoilers*

The game starts off on Kamino. Vader is keeping Starkiller in a sort of cell. He has Starkiller fight multiple PROXY units. He defeats them all until one of them turns into Juno Eclipse, and he can't bring himself to do it. Frustrated and confused Starkiller turns to Vader and asks why. Vader tells him that he is a clone, and not only is he a clone, but he wasnt the first one. Since there has been no successful clone of a jedi before, all the other clones went insane.
Starkiller breaks down shortly after hearing this, and decides to break out of his prison on Kamino. Fights through a ton of guys and escapes in Vader's TIE fighter.

It's all here! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=226536)

And did you not see the news post (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5076-Star-Wars--The-Force-Unleashed-II-Release-Date-Confirmed.html)on the x360a home page? The release date is October 26th ;)

Thats not to bad of a story tbh i like it i mean if anyone was going be cloned without problems it would be starkiller lol

Lord Yamikage
05-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Did you check the date of the post, by any chance? It's dated in January. Back then, the release date was set in December. And yes, I was very award of the news. My comment is #6, 3 minutes after the first post.

hiden
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
He is brought back to life Mass effect 2 style. (WooHoo, no clones!)

blaz3
06-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Well if they go off of the evil ending no theory is really necessary otherwise i have no idea

StayonTarget
06-20-2010, 04:29 PM
He... is... a... CLONE!

-ANDY K 08-
06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I reckon that you are a clone in the first game and you die for good. Maybe in the force unleashed 2 you play as a different clone, thinking you are the original Starkiller and you figure out that Vader is building a Sith Army to kill the remaining jedi and rule the galaxy, which must eventually go wrong.

M1keX
06-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I reckon that you are a clone in the first game and you die for good. Maybe in the force unleashed 2 you play as a different clone, thinking you are the original Starkiller and you figure out that Vader is building a Sith Army to kill the remaining jedi and rule the galaxy, which must eventually go wrong.

Well on the first game vader takes starkiller when hes a baby so i don't think he is a clone.

It is also confirmed that the second game sees you playing as a clone who doesn't know this at first but later finds out, If you watch the latest Trailer it shows vader wanting to kill starkiller as he has failed him (i'm guessing by finding out hes a clone and wanting to escape), At the end of the trailer it shows a room with about 6 - 8 starkiller clones (i believe its starkiller anyway) which i think will be used to try and stop the ''good'' clone.

Also the idea you had of him stopping the sith killing the last few jedi may be a good one as it'l fit in well with the timeline.

Anyway this game is looking very good and i can't wait :D

(just want game to have the limited edtion in stock now lol)

StayonTarget
06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
If you saw the end of the E3 preview, those are Spaarti Cloning Cylinders. Which means there are clones of Starkiller. So considering he died at the end of the first TFU, he is most likely, a clone!

M1keX
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
If you saw the end of the E3 preview, those are Spaarti Cloning Cylinders. Which means there are clones of Starkiller. So considering he died at the end of the first TFU, he is most likely, a clone!

Its already been confirm he is a clone, he finds out hes one and wants to escape (something to do with a proxy droid and the women he falls in love with in the first game)

matthewp131
06-24-2010, 07:53 PM
i think lucasarts wants to make a sequel and decide to worry and the plot later

matthewp131
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
being a clone takes away the emotional value of the game

Tigermoo
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Cloning him would be awesome but maybe he pulls a Vader and they repair him as half dude half robo

the iceman6669
06-25-2010, 12:07 AM
maybe Yoda finds him, nurses him back to health :O but just a speculation... I mean he was pretty dead at the end...OR!!! jedi shield and he survived.... >.>

Lord Yamikage
06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
being a clone takes away the emotional value of the game

So true. I would've felt very weird if Shepherd (from Mass Effect series) was clone, and not original. Hopefully SW will have something like Mass Effect did to bring back Starkiller. It's not like SW lack technology.

DOOKH8R
06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Can I has Juno Eclipse clone please

mikachu93
06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Its already been confirm he is a clone, he finds out hes one and wants to escape (something to do with a proxy droid and the women he falls in love with in the first game)
You also hear Kota (or a developer talking about Kota) mention that Marek is far too powerful this time around for anyone to assume he's merely a clone. Clone or not, I don't really care, but this should get interesting.

Fozzy
06-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Obviously he is going to be the one who stole the Death Star plans and handed them to Leia, thats one of the things that will happen.

M1keX
06-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Obviously he is going to be the one who stole the Death Star plans and handed them to Leia, thats one of the things that will happen.

Hey not a bad idea that would fit in well :)

StayonTarget
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM

I still see people post crap asking how he is alive again.

That was Bria Tharen! Han Solo's first girlfriend! Gawd... reed teh b0okz

M1keX
08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I still see people post crap asking how he is alive again.

That was Bria Tharen! Han Solo's first girlfriend! Gawd... reed teh b0okz

correct me if i'm wrong but i was under the impresstion that the books wasn't cannon (as they're not writen by Mr. lucas himself) for example in the ''real'' starwars cannon there never was a Luuke and luke skywalker never made a jedi acamdy on yavin 4.

mikachu93
08-10-2010, 02:10 AM
correct me if i'm wrong but i was under the impresstion that the books wasn't cannon (as they're not writen by Mr. lucas himself) for example in the ''real'' starwars cannon there never was a Luuke and luke skywalker never made a jedi acamdy on yavin 4.
The novels are all canon, unless otherwise specified. The writers of all the novels are hired to create and add on to the Expanded Universe, which is considered canon.

Then again, it has been a while since I've participated in the Star Wars wiki, so maybe I'm slightly off.

shadaik
08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Cloning him would be awesome but maybe he pulls a Vader and they repair him as half dude half roboThey actually did that.

Did nobody play the dark side ending? You do it by fighting Vader instead of teh Emperor as the last boss. Many people oversee that choice - when you're on the way to the Emperor, jump down to the right and you will fight Vader, earning you the Dark Side ending (and an achievement for exactly that).

mikachu93
08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
They actually did that.

Did nobody play the dark side ending? You do it by fighting Vader instead of teh Emperor as the last boss. Many people oversee that choice - when you're on the way to the Emperor, jump down to the right and you will fight Vader, earning you the Dark Side ending (and an achievement for exactly that).
A lot of people noticed that. In fact, every single one of my friends who played the game chose that ending.

I did it just for the achievement.

VIOLINPLAYA84
08-11-2010, 09:58 PM
this is just a theory: for those of us who read the books, we know the emperor cloned himself (if you dont, well now you know :)). MAYBE this starkiller is a clone and a test run for the emperor.

greiner2009
08-13-2010, 04:12 AM
I heard that Starkiller is suppose to be a clone.

mikachu93
08-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I heard that Starkiller is suppose to be a clone.
Kota* also makes a comment that the Starkiller in this game is far too powerful to be a clone.

* - Kota being a dev talking about Kota.

StayonTarget
08-20-2010, 06:06 AM

Read the Han Solo Trilogy! I believe all books are canon as they have to be approved by Lucas/Lucas Books.

BTehW, I'm a huge star wars fan/nerd. I have like 4 shelves of Star Wars books. :woop:

I have the Force Unleashed book, which is really good. lulz

Back to the post, it wouldn't make sense if a book written 10 - 12 years ago was removed from the time line so a later event like this game could replace it. Basically, it won't happen. Han Solo's girlfriend (not Leia) was sent on a one way mission to get them, killed herself instead of being captured and killed, got them to Leia, The New Hope begins.

I believe this game is about Starkiller finding Juno (breaking her out of some prison or finding her in the Alliance).
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/spsw0009_450.jpeg

this is just a theory: for those of us who read the books, we know the emperor cloned himself (if you dont, well now you know :)). MAYBE this starkiller is a clone and a test run for the emperor.

That he did mate. haha Also got some Spaartii cloning cells that were hidden in a mountain. I forget the name. *read the Timothy Zahn star wars trilogy*

Edit: Mount Tantiss on Wayland

Sorry if I'm ranting about my favorite universe but... it's Star Wars!!

Miss Allen86
09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know if you play as the normal Starkiller or the cracked out one the emperor turns you into?

Psycho Sykes
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
they never proved starkiller was dead they just stood over him and went he is dead without checkin he cud of just been knocked out thn vader takes him away and he wakes up later as vaders prisoner

mikachu93
09-20-2010, 05:23 PM
they never proved starkiller was dead they just stood over him and went he is dead without checkin he cud of just been knocked out thn vader takes him away and he wakes up later as vaders prisoner
Kota definitely woulda noticed. Don't forget he was still Force-sensitive.

LickableLemons7
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know if you play as the normal Starkiller or the cracked out one the emperor turns you into? This game follows the main cannon story line where you play as the normal, or possibly cloned Starkiller. I would love to see DLC that continues from the first game where you play as the "craked out Starkiller" though. :)