PDA

View Full Version : Got robbed my MS.

idws
12-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Heard this game was going to be the Holiday DOTD. So, I woke up and went to download it. The dashboard had no DOTD up, so I just went straight to the game. Well, it advertised the game on sale at 400 MS points. However, being an impatient basturd, I decided to just press A a couple times to download it really quick. Well, after I clicked Buy for 400 MS points, the crooks switched it to 800 MS on the next screen. So, I downloaded it for the full price. yay.

darthmushu
12-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Same thing with Uno Rush yesterday. Most of the time they can be dicks but if you call or write customer support maybe they can credit you the 400 points you overspent. Have you tried that yet, though with the holidays might take longer to respond.

intoxicated662
12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
you already admitted fault and it's not their fault on their behalf really. all it takes is patience and I don't buy any deals so early in the morning I usually wait until 11am or lunch time. by then, all prices are fixed for sure as the other member stated uno rush gave people problems yesterday with the price. you can get your 400 point difference back just contact them and they'll see you did purchase it within the date of the deal. good luck and slow down next time. the game/sale isn't going anywhere for 24 hours :)

Dex
12-25-2009, 07:11 PM
you already admitted fault and it's not their fault on their behalf really.
Agreed. They didn't rob you, you just didn't pay attention.

Next time a deal shows up (discount), check for the game on xbox.com. It's a one-time click (if you are signed into your account), so you don't have to worry about the price changing on a second screen.
I bought this game today at 6:00am for 400 MS points... it didn't even show up on the dashboard until around 10:00 (in those deal-a-day door countdown to Jan 1st), but I had already paid for & downloaded the discounted game.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410995?cid=SLink

R Rated Love
12-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah, sorry, but you should've paid more attention. Was the same thing with yesterday's game, which after waiting patiently, was eventually fixed.

They may refund you, but I really don't know.

SkyChat
12-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Probably some n00b on duty cause they messed up about everything they could, Disney gear is still unavailable as well.
If I had that many customers as M$, I'd be damn sure to make stuff work, even on holidays.

idws
12-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll admit it was stupid that I was in a hurry. But, I downloaded UNO Rush at 9:30 am yesterday morning and it was working fine for me. Then I got on a few hours later to hear people complaining. I don't know. Microsoft needs to get their stuff together.

For the person who said to write them, how do I do that? Only thing I can see is to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX...

Any help on contact information would be great, thanks!

MetallicaDan
01-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Did you end up getting a credit?