PDA

View Full Version : Wired & Wireless Controller Issues

HawkJet
12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi All,

For some reason this evening i've been having issues with both my wired and wireless controllers making the xbox unusable (and i'm having to watch Final Destination 3 :uzi:)

Either the controllers don't respond from the start or disconnect shortly after boosting. Sometimes the light remains on, on the controller (but not on the Xbox) whilst other times it doesn't... :(

Any ideas? I really don't want to be sending my third Xbox of for repair...

Cheers,
Sam

balance13
12-26-2009, 08:09 AM
They make wired controllers?

Anyhow I don't see how it should be a major issue your xbox should be alright

Hobo Sniper
12-26-2009, 08:57 AM
A simple method for the wireless controller would be to re-sync it with the xbox 360 console, but as for the wired try plugging it into another USB port on the console, such as the one hidden on the back. Hope this helps.

specVjavi
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
sounds more like a controller issue than an xbox issue, but i could be wrong.

xCHICKEN DIXx
12-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Try turning of the xbox then back on then re-sync your controler to the 360

HawkJet
12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies - so you all think it's a simultaneous controller failure after months of been perfect?

I guess I can pick up another in the sales and hope that is the issue... All though the odds of a multiple failure can't be that high, can they? :confused:

TDC333
12-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I may sound harsh, but did you honestly read anything that was posted? I don't see anybody saying your controllers are broken. Somebody said it sounds like your xbox (meaning the big block you put discs in).

I did not see a single person say buy a new controller, but somehow you magically came up with that idea on your own in your last post. If you ask a question take the time to read and try what people say before twisting what they have to say into the answer you were looking for.

If you go buy a controller and that doesn't work I'm going to bet you will be back here bitching that everyone told you to do it and they made you spend money on something that didn't fix your problem.

HawkJet
12-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I may sound harsh, but did you honestly read anything that was posted? I don't see anybody saying your controllers are broken. Somebody said it sounds like your xbox (meaning the big block you put discs in).

I did not see a single person say buy a new controller, but somehow you magically came up with that idea on your own in your last post. If you ask a question take the time to read and try what people say before twisting what they have to say into the answer you were looking for.

If you go buy a controller and that doesn't work I'm going to bet you will be back here bitching that everyone told you to do it and they made you spend money on something that didn't fix your problem.

I know nobody said buy a new controller, I didn't realise I quoted anyone saying so... Looking back maybe I should have rephrased it 'the overwhelming majority', so for that I apologise. I guess saying, I've tried re-syncing and all would have made the post clearer.

What the majority of people did say however was it's a controller issue rather than an xbox issue - a fair comment.

So lets start again, I have a controller issue - all 3 of them don't work (but they all did perfectly that morning). Re-syncing doesn't work for the wired ones, and changing the USB port doesn't work for the wired.

As always with the internet, you preserve posts how you want to preserve them - and it seems to took mine arrogantly - it wasn't, more a confused, as you can probably imagine when something that has worked suddenly doesn't.

In the original post, I didn't say "tell me the answer to the problem i'm having", I said 'any ideas'. I appreciate the chances of meeting a Microsoft employee on a gaming forum is slim and so I was enquiring if someone may have an idea of what I can try and solve this issue, and as stated in my reply, I appreciate all the comments I have received.