PDA

View Full Version : Problems going from online to offline

Herr Shaun
12-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I took my 360 to my grandma's place when we stayed overnight for Christmas, and I noticed a few issues.

For starters, some of my save data became unreadable (Fable 2) and some downloaded content errored the game out to the title screen (Rock Band 2).

In addition, all the arcade games I downloaded first and then upgraded to full would only give me the option of playing the demo. I deleted SFII'HF in the hopes that it would just get rid of the demo, but it got rid of the whole game and I had to wait until now to redownload it.

I'm going to move in to a place eventually that won't have internet, any ideas how I can make it so my downloaded content and data doesn't mess up when my 360 is offline?

R Rated Love
12-26-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm no expert, but for DLC, I believe you either have to be on the original Xbox it was downloaded on, or be connected to the internet.

Also, it seems many arcade demos are the same size as full games. I think they may just "unlock" when you buy the full version if you already have the demo. (The same thing happens to my arcade games when internet is down, as they weren't purchased on my current Xbox)

neok182
12-26-2009, 01:46 AM
offline content only works on the original console it was downloaded on.

Sounds to me like you got RROD'ed at some point and this is a new console. Unless you redownload EVERYTHING it will not work while offline.

This includes DLC, full games, and anything else that requires permissions

Herr Shaun
12-26-2009, 02:23 AM
You're right, I did have to switch out my Xbox in the summertime due to issues. That wouldn't count for save data though, would it?

Junafani
12-26-2009, 02:35 AM
I am not sure, but if you had DLC for Fable 2 and you tried to load it whitout DLC while being in DLC area it might cause corruption as game does not know where you are.

Herr Shaun
12-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Success! It looks like Fable 2 needed an update, and it worked fine after that. The only thing I have to worry about now is how I'm going to redownload the 12 free RB songs I got with the redeemable code.

Thanks guys. :D

TDC333
12-26-2009, 06:21 AM
You might want to look into transferring your DLC licenses over to your new console through xbox.com.

N-Forced
12-26-2009, 06:31 AM
The only thing I have to worry about now is how I'm going to redownload the 12 free RB songs I got with the redeemable code.

Thanks guys. :D Go to your profile settings and go to your download history and they will be listed there for you to redownload.

xxJUSTINxx
12-26-2009, 07:00 AM
Do this so your new XB360 is completly up to date with everything you have downloaded.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/