PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about TrueAchievements?

Rebmob
12-26-2009, 04:04 AM
I changed my gamertag recently and I'm wondering how TrueAchievements will know this. I still use my old gamertag to log in to their site and I tried changing my currently linked gamertag but it said that it was not in their database? Help, please, thanks..!

DJbruce
12-26-2009, 04:18 AM
Maybe if you went to the site and asked ?

Mister Buds
12-26-2009, 04:19 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=137018

says to click customize and then change gamertag.

Rebmob
12-26-2009, 04:26 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=137018

Thanks, tried it and here are my results. I've tried my TA password and Xbox Live / Hotmail password, no dice?

There are some problems with your input:

Sorry, that password is incorrect

Mister Buds
12-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks, tried it and here are my results. I've tried my TA password and Xbox Live / Hotmail password, no dice?

There are some problems with your input:

Sorry, that password is incorrect

are you getting that message while trying to change your gamertag, or after changing it and now trying to log in?

i brought up the customize > change gamertag screen just to see and it looks like this

current gamertag: mister buds
new gamertag: mister buds
password: (has my password already typed in)

so you should just have to type in your new gamertag. if your problem is trying to sign in with it, it should be the same password you had just with your new gamertag instead of your old.

Rebmob
12-26-2009, 04:36 AM
are you getting that message while trying to change your gamertag, or after changing it and now trying to log in?

i brought up the customize > change gamertag screen just to see and it looks like this

current gamertag: mister buds
new gamertag: mister buds
password: (has my password already typed in)

so you should just have to type in your new gamertag. if your problem is trying to sign in with it, it should be the same password you had just with your new gamertag instead of your old.

I entered it like this.

current gamertag: scg rebmob
new gamertag: rebmob x360a
password: tried my ta password/and xbox live-hotmail password.

Note: I still login with my old gamertag scg rebmob...

Mister Buds
12-26-2009, 04:38 AM
i have no idea then. wish i could be more help but this is the only gamertag i've ever had so i've never had to do this.

Rebmob
12-26-2009, 04:39 AM
i have no idea then. wish i could be more help but this is the only gamertag i've ever had so i've never had to do this.

It's alright, thanks for trying to help at least. I tried contacting some staff at TA hopefully they get back to me. Thanks again. :)

Mister Buds
12-26-2009, 04:56 AM
It's alright, thanks for trying to help at least. I tried contacting some staff at TA hopefully they get back to me. Thanks again. :)

i'm not sure who you contacted, but i think this is the guy that created the site: http://www.trueachievements.com/TrueAchievement.htm

when you click to send him a message it also has a couple links that might help you out.