PDA

View Full Version : How is the new wiresless adapter?

True I Skill
12-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Is it really better? My live sucks, Im always on Red bar, I disconnect from Live Randomly, When i join matches i somtimes disconnect instantly, And to fix it i need to Unplug and plug back in my wireless adapter, Test xboxlive connection, Unplug router, All of that just to fix it for about 2 hours. Then repeat when i next go on. Anyway, Will this new wireless adapter fix all these problems? And is it worth the money?

Also how do i tell if it will work with the Router i have?

xtye
12-26-2009, 08:20 PM
For $100 a wireless adapter isn't worth it. I can't believe the original is still $100.

Starstrukk X360A
12-26-2009, 08:25 PM
There wouldn't be much of a difference unless your router is manufactured around the same time as the adapter. In simpler terms, it's basically an upgrade to support new router signals.

Seany Show
12-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Only get the new N adaptor if your Router produces an N signal. You won't get any improvement otherwise.

True I Skill
12-26-2009, 08:55 PM
How do i find out if it does Support it tho?

Seany Show
12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
How do i find out if it does Support it tho?

Probably the easiest thing to do is look on the underside of the Router and hopefully it should give you the model number.Then search that through Google and it should hopefully tell you whether it carries an N or G signal.

True I Skill
12-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok thanks, If it does Have a N Signal, If you do own one do you reckon its worth it? I fixed my live for abit earlyer but i was On red the whole time and lagged arround every now and again.

xthewhiterabbit
12-27-2009, 04:23 AM
i actually have had ZERO issues since my purchase of the wireless adapter 7 months ago. im sure the only issue isnt the adapter, it has horrible range. id only use wireless if you were only about a room away from the actual router. if you are going any further id not only pay for a better connection but you might need a stronger router.

VladimirK
12-27-2009, 04:26 AM
To try and help with the question of if it works better I would say definitely.

My friend kept getting disconnected from Live with the old one and got quite a bad signal, he got that and now he has an excellent connection.
Don't think it's disconnected once when I've been round.

And he's upstairs, opposite side of the house from his router btw.

As for me I'm still on an Ethernet cable.
Way more secure and I like to think it's faster (Can't remember what's actually faster though) :p

xICooRsYIx
12-27-2009, 05:25 AM
For $100 a wireless adapter isn't worth it. I can't believe the original is still $100.

Im from massachusetts and the price of the original one has dropped down to 80 bucks. and the new black one is 100.

I just got my new xbox 360 elite for xmas and am looking into buying a wireless network adapter again, Im all for the new one.. simply because its NEW, its black, and it has 2 little antennas instead of one. How can it not be better than the first one? I asked the guy at gamestop a little less than a week ago and he told me the new one offers a much greater signal and it just an all around better network adapter.

So i think im going to stick with getting the new one. unless someone really convinces me otherwise..

xICooRsYIx

Canis Lupus
12-27-2009, 05:14 PM
simply because its NEW, its black, and it has 2 little antennas instead of one. How can it not be better than the first one? I asked the guy at gamestop a little less than a week ago and he told me the new one offers a much greater signal and it just an all around better network adapter.

It offers a much better signal than the first one IF your router supports N network addressing. If you only have a a/b/g router then there will be 0 difference to the old adapter.

Of course if you need to buy a adapter in any case then of course get the new one. If you did in the future upgrade your router to a better one you will be happy to have spent the little extra to get the better adapter which will be fully compatible to a N router.