PDA

View Full Version : Would this ban ma' xbox?

BulletH0l3s
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok first off, I hope everyone had a good christmas, I know I did, but thanks to Forza 3's Second disc, I'm running low on hard drive space, now I was wondering a while back Microsoft banned these third party memory units which where expandable to 16Gb which would be enough for all my data on my '360 could buy one, put all my stuff on their, then buy a 120Gb hard drive and transfer it on to that, (all ofline of course) or would this still get me banned or what ever? I really need to know before I do this. The reason for this is that the transfer cables can lose all your data and can only be used once, if Not I'll just have to have 2 hard drives which will be a pain in the arse to switch around just to play a different game.
BulletH0l3s.

Tufty
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't think that you'll get banned, I just think that the third party memory units work on the Xbox any more. You could just send off for a transfer kit, I sent off for one last Monday, so it should come tomorrow or the day after.

Starstrukk X360A
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM
When they mean banned, they literally mean banned.

They won't even work; your 360 won't recognize them.

x2i
12-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Even if it did work, they only ban your console anyway not any peripherals so you would be okay either way

Painkiller Q8
12-28-2009, 04:47 AM
BANNED .. before I even read you post :P

yeah M$ are banning everyone randomly for the last a few months

vgfanatic1
12-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Wait, when you say "third-party memory units" do you mean non microsoft hard drives? Because I bought a 120 gb hard drive on ebay and now I'm just waiting for a transfer kit.

VVh1pCr3am
12-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Your 360 won't recognize the memory unit if you have the twitter and facebook update. I have one and it doesn't work anymore because of the update. If you're really worried about losing your data, transfer it to your PC. Then transfer it to your new hard drive.

bapae
12-29-2009, 07:05 AM
What i don't understand is why Microsoft lets third party company's make everything else like chargers controllers headsets but they wont let any make memory cards or HDD's. why cant they just let other company's make them rather then charging out the ass for there hard drives