PDA

View Full Version : For all you horror fans out there, I need help facing my fears.

DiamondD
12-28-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm not saying I'm a horror fan, but I have seen my fair share of "scary" movies. Movies such as The Exorcist, The Shining, The Hills Have Eyes, Pet Cemetery and Paranormal Activity are a few that come to mind and I've walked out of movie theatres unfazed by what people say is truly scary.

I believe that in this day in age, a lot of what the public views as horror is just a package of cheap thrills thrown in with some over the top gore to come off as scary, but there's one piece of media that comes to mind that I saw at a young age, but has been gnawing at me for the past couple of years. I can't classify it as a movie or a TV show because I don't remember. Now that I think of it, it can't have been a TV show because it was extremely graphic so I'll describe it as best as I can remember:

Two guys come upon some dark, haunted, scary looking mansion. From what I can remember, they coax each other into going in and upon entering, end up meeting a butler who points a gun at them ordering them to enter a coffin. The two guys comply, the butler closes the coffin and the coffin turns down a 45 degree angle and begins sliding into what looks like a pit of fire. Instead they end up in some ballroom where a party is going on. A "lady" comes up to a guy, I guess flirts with him and brings him up to a room. There she scratches an X on his chest and French kisses him. But instead of the usual French kiss, her tongue ends up sliding down his throat and into his chest and then it bursts out of his chest cavity where X marked the spot.

Now either I must've blacked out or ran down my hallway screaming and crying because I don't remember the rest, but for the guys who know what I'm talking about, just let me know since I think it's time to re-watch this or I'll regret it forever. Thanks again! ;)

Starstrukk X360A
12-28-2009, 04:23 AM
This should go in Off Topic.

And I have no idea what you're talking about.

DiamondD
12-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Oh shit, you're right about the off topic thing and I'm pretty sure a lot of people won't know what I'm talking about, but I'm looking for someone who actually does.

Painkiller Q8
12-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Watch a movie called
"Paranormal Activity"

then you will never be afraid. :)

Alice in Wonderland
12-28-2009, 04:51 AM
I know thattt !! There was some cartoon about that called the Creep Show or something like that, the animator was a little skeleton. I can't remember the right title i'm going to check this out. But like I'm saying, it's the ''real life'' version of the Crypt or Creep show.

Edit:
There you go, It's called Bordello of Blood, from Tales of the crypt :)

http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com/wp-content/gallery/posters-b/bordello_of_blood_poster_01.jpg

veece16
12-28-2009, 05:07 AM
That's so weird, I remember watching that movie years ago and never forgot it, and yea, it's called Bordello of Blood.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117826/

The Ultrafiend
12-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Argh, y'all beat me to it.

It is indeed Bordello of Blood, second of the Tales From The Crypt feature movies.

Not as good as Demon Knight. Better than Ritual. :woop:

Tussell
12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
God, I wish I could have been the first to answer this. :p

I absolutely love Tales from the Crypt. I have all the episodes on DVD! :)

I even have some of the comics. Most are re-prints but I have a few from the mid 50's.

Watch a movie called
"Paranormal Activity"

then you will never be afraid. :)
That movie absolutely sucked.

SKIBADABOMSKI
12-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah i guess Paranormal Activity did suck in the sense it wasn't really a movie. I loved the simplicity of it. Blair Witch was a marvel in easy to make (shit why didn't i think of that movies) but P.A. was even easier and it made money so for that reason alone i think it was great.

Plus i didn't know what i was watching when i saw P.A. so i guess it just surprised me but when people ask me what was it like i can only say "you will either love it or be disgusted in yourself that you wasted your time on such crap"

Tales from the crypt are just classics man. I might get the set to watch them all again as am sure i missed a few.

veece16
12-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Paranormal Activity wasn't all that scary because it wasn't the entire truth. The real story was a girl that heard noises at night and saw a couple things, but of course they "Hollywooded" the movie.

Slegger
12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Anyone who thinks Paranormal Activity is scary is pa-fucking-thetic. That movie was so boring and stupid I nearly fell asleep. Half of the movie was the man and the woman bitching and moaning at each other for God sakes. The only tinsy-tiny scary part was at the end, but even that wasn't scary.

And I'm not sure what you're saying OP, if you need help with your fears, you just need to face them. I was scared of heights when I was little, and after going up in the CN Tower, on many rollercoasters, planes, bridges, rock climbing etc. I got over it. If you're scared of horror movies, just watch them, and force yourself to keep watching.

DiamondD
12-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey thanks a lot guys for letting me know which film it was. I wasn't sure whether it was a movie or a TV show which made it harder to narrow down. I'll be renting that
Tales of the Crypt movie probably on Tuesday.

@Slegger: I probably should've re-named the title of my post some other way because it's not that I have a fear of what people call "horror" movies these days. In fact, if you read earlier in my post I've ended up seeing a shitload of them including Paranormal Activity and have left movie theaters unsatisfied. Bordello of Blood however recently came up in the back of my mind and I knew it scared the shit out of me at a very young age (probably around 7 or 8) because I remembered it so vividly which is why I asked if anyone knew what I was talking about.

Thanks again guys :)

Indyy xXx
12-28-2009, 08:24 PM
i remember when i watched this movie with my boyfriend that he downloaded cos he was looking for some movies for us to watch and he found this british horror movie called Gnaw it was horrible i couldnt watch it lol a group of young people about 19? i think not sure go on a trip for the weekend to this cottage and theres lots of food left on the table likes pies n stuff but they dont know whats in the pies! :S! chopped up people XD lol anyway theres a couple amongst the group that go for a walk and go missing the killer dude chops them up XD then it shows you the other guys at the cottage eating pies n stuff and there like oh there a bit late i wonder where they are and there like scoffing these pies! i was heaving man i was like nearly sick lol i had to turn it off the one guy goes uh whats this and pulls out a finger nail XD!!! omg grose!!! i can watch some scary movies but this one just made me sick lol

Antzquad
12-29-2009, 09:34 AM
i remember when i watched this movie with my boyfriend that he downloaded cos he was looking for some movies for us to watch and he found this british horror movie called Gnaw it was horrible i couldnt watch it lol a group of young people about 19? i think not sure go on a trip for the weekend to this cottage and theres lots of food left on the table likes pies n stuff but they dont know whats in the pies! :S! chopped up people XD lol anyway theres a couple amongst the group that go for a walk and go missing the killer dude chops them up XD then it shows you the other guys at the cottage eating pies n stuff and there like oh there a bit late i wonder where they are and there like scoffing these pies! i was heaving man i was like nearly sick lol i had to turn it off the one guy goes uh whats this and pulls out a finger nail XD!!! omg grose!!! i can watch some scary movies but this one just made me sick lol

I just watched the trailer for that one, looks like my kind of movie :D