PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a US 360 in the UK?

daninthemix
12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I want to get a US console so I can play stuff like Jurassic the Hunted that isn't out over here. Anyone know anywhere that already has them? Or should I just buy from ebay.com, amazon.com etc?

davhth4
12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Are you realy going to buy another xbox just to play about 1 or 2 games? You must be rich to throw money about like that.

Indyy xXx
12-28-2009, 08:29 PM
i agree if your only going to play 1 or 2 games i wouldnt waste my money on it but if you have the money to waste then go ahead lol if i was going to get a us 360 id go to amazon.com :)

daninthemix
12-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Are you realy going to buy another xbox just to play about 1 or 2 games? You must be rich to throw money about like that.

I love FPS and so far there's CW Secret Missions, Darkest of Days and Jurassic not out over here, and who knows what else in the future. But no I'm not rich, and if shipping etc costs too much then I won't bother that's why I was wondering if there's anyone over here that sells them.

davhth4
12-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I dont think there is somewhere here selling them as many people wouldnt bother buying them as they would have to import all there games from america.

Gackt
12-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I would just get it from ebay or amazon

$RebelG
12-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong, but buying a US console will make no difference if you are going to be playing it in the UK. Unless of course you have a US gamertag, then I don't know if you get locked into the UK marketplace or still get to use the US one.

Plus, if you also buy a US console you will have to make sure every game you buy for it will be the right region game. I know MS still lock games to regions (I found that out with Skate) so it would be double the amount of money to buy the game and then get it shipped over to the UK just to play it.

Infection Ftw
12-28-2009, 09:34 PM
And buy a new one, not some used xbox. Since the massive ban wave it's risky to buy a used xbox and I wouldn't risk it to buy one with the chance it is modded.

davhth4
12-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong, but buying a US console will make no difference if you are going to be playing it in the UK. Unless of course you have a US gamertag, then I don't know if you get locked into the UK marketplace or still get to use the US one.

Plus, if you also buy a US console you will have to make sure every game you buy for it will be the right region game. I know MS still lock games to regions (I found that out with Skate) so it would be double the amount of money to buy the game and then get it shipped over to the UK just to play it.

You can create any region of gamertag and even if it was a British gamertag on a USA console the region would go with the console for the games.

VladimirK
12-29-2009, 12:51 AM
I would say eBay.com or Play Asia.
As for Amazon US, they won't ship most of their region locked items outside the US. So unless you know folk in the US/US citizens that are abroad then you can't get it from there. (I'll quote them below).

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

Plus, unless you buy it from eBay and it gets marked as a gift, (which is technically fraud btw), it will cost a lot with import tax.
(ie $100 Arkham Asylum from the US ended up costing me 30 on arrival here in Scotland).

And then I'm not even sure if it's worth it tbh.
There's not as many games as you would think locked to a region that we can't get.
Darkest of Days and the achievment for punching a horse to death would look epic on your tag though.

Stotty777
12-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread...

But I too am also thinking of getting a US Xbox for stackable games and also US exclusives.

Can anybody who has already bought one shed some light on where the best place to buy a console from?

I don't mind buying games off evilbay but not a console.

I read that www.videogamesplus.ca (http://www.videogamesplus.ca/) is a good place but their site looks pony and is hard to find what your looking for.

daninthemix
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Well I move quickly....

Bought a refurbished 360 off ebay.com from an electronics store for $140 inc. shipping (arriving tomorrow!), then 2 games off eBay (Secret Service and Civil War: Secret Missions) and 2 off playasia.com (The Hunted and Darkest of Days).

Stotty777
01-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Well I move quickly....

Bought a refurbished 360 off ebay.com from an electronics store for $140 inc. shipping (arriving tomorrow!), then 2 games off eBay (Secret Service and Civil War: Secret Missions) and 2 off playasia.com (The Hunted and Darkest of Days).

How is it going m8?

Zorlance
01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
I bought mine from ebay.com, arrived within a fortnight and worked with the power brick I use with my regular British console (I literally just swap them whenever I'm playing either).

_DaNnY_
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Well I move quickly....

You got a really good deal, if you'd hook me up with the info to buying it I'd appreciate it, I'm looking to buy a U.S xbox within about 2 months. Assuming they're an electronics store they should still stock them by then :woop: