PDA

View Full Version : Stackable games

Evil Chris 85
12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I am trying to understand what is meant by stackable games??

If I am right I can use my current gamertag to play games from other countries but how do I do this without messing up my gamerscore?
Because I was under the impression that as soon as I recover my gamertag I would lose the data off the other game as it was on a different xbox. If someone could explain to me how all of this works I would be very grateful.... also do you have to own a console from the other region or can can you get away with the same console? And can I even use my gamertag on other region games?

Thanks in advance.......

Infection Ftw
12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
It means there are differend versions of a game so you can get the achievements in both. Like Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 and the PC. There is a Thread about it in the Games Forum. Let me get the link.

Edit: The link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009

Evil Chris 85
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeh I know you can stack the games with different versions.... its just how you go about doing it with my current gamertag?

Seany Show
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeh I know you can stack the games with different versions.... its just how you go about doing it with my current gamertag?

You need an xbox 360 that is region compatible with the game you will be playing. For example if you wanted to play the Japanese version aswell as the PAL (Europe) version of Wanted: Weapons of Fate you would need PAL & NTSC-J consoles. You wouldn't need to do anything differently with your gamertag. Hope that helps

Infection Ftw
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Well I think you either need the game for the PC and 1 for the 360 and if it's a region game you need an Xbox and the version of the game from that region if I'm correct.

Genesis x360a
12-29-2009, 03:03 PM

I see your from the UK, So if you wanted to play a game from the EU, Ie, Germany, France Etc, Then you would have to do nothing except buy the game and make sure it has a seprate achievement list, Same goes with Region free games and PC games.

If you wanted to play a game from the US then your going to need a NTSC console and from Japan a NTSC-J console and all you would do is stick your GT on a MU or just recover it onto the console.

Evil Chris 85
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Feel stupid but whats an MU??

And thankyou for your replies think I underdtand now about different regions

RazerindemiX
12-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Feel stupid but whats an MU??

And thankyou for your replies think I underdtand now about different regions

Memory Unit
you plug it the front of your xbox range from 64mb to 256mb

Mister Buds
12-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Memory Unit
you plug it the front of your xbox range from 64mb to 256mb

i'm pretty sure they have up to 2gb ones now. if not, i know they at least have 512mb ones, as i have one and bought it a year ago.

the original topic was already answered. you need region specific consoles to play region specific games.

RazerindemiX
12-30-2009, 02:11 AM
i'm pretty sure they have up to 2gb ones now. if not, i know they at least have 512mb ones, as i have one and bought it a year ago.

the original topic was already answered. you need region specific consoles to play region specific games.

yea your right but not offical mircosoft mu
i got a 2GB never worked though settled for 256mb plenty for my tag and a few saved games