PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my Xbox? red ring?

SevenJesterHats
12-29-2009, 03:48 PM
ok, i just turned on my xbox before and i left the room for 2 mins, came back and it had turned itself off.. and now it wont turn back on..??? is it ring of fire?
i have try everything i can think of and still no xbox :( just as i got borderlands to co-op with freind too :( :( :(
has this happened to anyone before? can anyone help?? .. pplease

Beatonator
12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
What colour is the power brick light:

Light is GREEN

Means it thinks your Xbox is on, this should not be the case, turn off at plug, unplug it. Then try it again in 5 minutes...

Light is AMBER
Means the Power brick thinks the Xbox is off. (which it is! :P)
Check all cables, try a new power socket.

Light is RED
Means Power problems, possibly a screwed power brick. Try another plug.

No light
No power! check fuse, check plug.

balance13
12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
If there are no lights at all it is probably unplugged

SevenJesterHats
12-30-2009, 12:21 AM
ok, i have just tryed it again, and bang! it works.... like wtf? my xbox just felt asleep?

Indyy xXx
12-30-2009, 12:47 AM
haha xD! maybe it was worn out =P

CaptainSpanner
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Glad to hear you sorted it out. I think it might of just fell asleep, never happened to me. Weird.

veece16
12-30-2009, 01:02 AM
What kind of tv do you have? I've heard some stories of tvs going to sleep and making the xbox "fall asleep" too.

SevenJesterHats
12-30-2009, 01:54 AM
What kind of tv do you have? I've heard some stories of tvs going to sleep and making the xbox "fall asleep" too.

my tv was just working fine, i could just watch it. i dunno what happend. just one of them wreid things..... .

thank you all for ur help tho :)

balance13
12-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Oh yes this happened to me once actually while in the Xbox dashboard literally scared the shit out of me lol.