PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero & Rock Band Help

Logiistics
12-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Im looking into getting RB or GH, but im confused. In the UK i can't find RB2, band in a box anywhere.. Should i get RB1? Because i know it doesn't have the symbols on the drums and it's quite dated, so it wouldn't work with the newer RB games..

And also what about GHWT, it's a lot more expensive but it has the symbols and is newer and would work with the new games that are coming out..

Help please..

Thank you :)

antnie
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I would recommend getting a RB 2 special edition off of eday or something like that.
I never liked the GHWT drums, I have always prefured the RB ones.

Logiistics
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
The problem is though, in the UK i don't think the RB2 instruments have been released.

JrdRIOT
12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
you can buy all the instruments really cheap if you look around
my friend got:
Drums - 20 - Argos (new)
Guitar - 15 - HMV (new)
Mic - 5 - CEX - (pre-owned)
RB1 - 15 - Game (pre-owned)
RB2 - 25 - Game (new)

Totaling = 80

MachineZed
12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Here you go (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Box-Xbox-360/dp/B0017J6RY6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1262109427&sr=8-9)

Rock Band 2 in a box. I have heard that the Rock Band 1 instruments aren't as good as the Rock Band 2 ones. Personally I can't comment on the RB1 set as I have number 2 complete band.
Both RB and GH instruments will work with both games going forward. Backward is a different situation and anything before GH3 the RB stuff will not work.

Check out this chart (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/11/official-guitar/)

Kairi
12-29-2009, 06:07 PM
All instruments work with everything except Guitar Hero II and III, which only official Guitar Hero guitars work on, so don't worry about compatibillity unless you want those two games.

I would try getting the Rock Band 2 box if you can, but if not I would go with Rock Band 1's over World Tour. I heard there was a lot of problems with those from friends.

Logiistics
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay thanks alot guys :D

Capn Doug
12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
The differences between the Rock Band 1 and 2 instruments are pretty significant. The RB2 instruments are wireless, while the RB1 instruments are all USB, which means you may need to buy a hub to play with more than two people. The drums are also significantly quieter on RB2.

The instruments for Beatles Rock Band Value Bundle are the same as the instruments for RB2, so if you can't find the band in a box for RB2, try the Beatles Rock Band Value Bundle and then pick up the discs only for the games for much cheaper. Beatles Rock Band is definitely worth picking up.

I would not recommend the Guitar Hero instruments, they are not as good, though if you are looking to pick up the old Guitar Hero games, buy them with a single guitar. This configuration (Rock Band Instruments with a single Guitar Hero guitar) will allow you to play almost every music game, with olny a slight glitch playing the Guitar Hero Drum Tutorials.

davhth4
12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
They dont do a RB2 box here and the only beatles one I have seen here is the one with the rockband 1 drums but with fancy beatles thing for the front and the fancy beatles guitars. I think.

Iregore
12-29-2009, 06:31 PM
The instruments for Beatles Rock Band Value Bundle are the same as the instruments for RB2, so if you can't find the band in a box for RB2, try the Beatles Rock Band Value Bundle and then pick up the discs only for the games for much cheaper. Beatles Rock Band is definitely worth picking up.

Not true for the UK, The Beatles Rock Band Value Bundle is the Rock Band 1 kit in the UK. The Beatles Rock Band Premium Bundle is the Rock Band 2 kit, if you want this kit, Amazon have it for under 100.

I personally have the Rock Band 1 drums (bought for 18 new on HMV.com, now 20 on Amazon and Play), the RB2 drums are better in many ways but the symbols are just extensions of some of the drum pads anyway, so unless you plan on playing drums yourself a lot, I would save the money.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band USB mics are the same except for slight colour differences and the Rock Band one has a larger box on the lead, I have the Guitar Hero USB microphone myself and paid about a fiver for it on eBay preowned.

I use the Guitar Hero Xplorer guitar which was 10 new in Argos a while back, but I have ordered Guitar Hero Metallica with guitar for 30 on HMV, I recommend that bundle as it is a modern guitar and you get the game too.

dirge
12-30-2009, 01:00 AM
I was having a similar dillema before deciding on Rock Band last october for my birthday.
I went with the value edition of beatles which has the band in a box regular instruments, bought Rock Band 2 and then 1 at a later date. Then traded Beatles game as they aint my bag. I have loved every moment of my Rock Band experience. Played Band Hero the other day as my neice had it for xmas but I didn't enjoy the drums as much as I love them on RB2.

Sampson
12-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Ebay is your friend here.

Beatonator
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Just strolling through town today and clocked HMV, they have Rock Band Beatles complete kit for 50 on Xbox 360. Worth a punt I reckon!:)