PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Question?

Rowey 94
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I was wondering, my cousin has a banned xbox i used to play on until i got my new elite yesterday. Now the xbox is blacklisted right ? can i still transfer all my stuff off the hard drive on the banned console through a transfer cable to my new unbanned elite ?

ferrari360max
12-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Yes you can i believe as its the console that is banned by its serial number (correct me if iam wrong anyone. So the content should be fine, and yeah sure about your cousin :D

OneSweetShannon
12-30-2009, 01:30 AM
and yeah sure about your cousin :D

lol, my first thought, too.

Anyway, you will not be able to transfer any gamesaves off "your cousin's" harddrive to the new console if it was played after it was banned. Any saves after the ban will not be playable on an unbanned console. Your profile should be okay, but I think you'll have to recover it rather than transfer it. Any gamerscore earned on the banned console after the ban will disappear.

Rowey 94
12-30-2009, 02:37 AM
So its not worth me buying a transfer cable, can i not transfer DLC ?

OneSweetShannon
12-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Not worth it to buy a transfer cable. Any DLC that was obtained legally may be redownloaded to the new console from the Marketplace. After you've redownloaded it, you can do a license transfer (if you haven't already done so in the last 12 months) and the licenses will be reassigned to the new console. You don't have to do the license transfer, but if you do you'll be able to play any DLC/arcade games offline, and other gamertags will be able to play them from the new console as well. If you don't do it the gamertag that purchased them would have to be signed on for others to play, not a big deal, but just annoying.