PDA

View Full Version : LoveFilm Games Rental (UK only)

Hudson888
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Does any one use LoveFilm to rent games from, as i was thinking of starting to use it as its cheaper than buying games. But i was wondering how good people thought it was, and how often you get the top games sent to you, as i know with top films you dont always get them straight away. So basically is it worth the money.

ferrari360max
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Very good, when you get your top titles can be hit and miss. Sometimes they are great and have alot of stock and sometimes not so much. More than worth the money.

Hudson888
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Cool cheers. There are some older games i wouldnt mind playing, but have just never got around to it, so im guessing if you put them on the list you should get them, pretty quickly, as there not so in demand.

Johnsbird1
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Does any one use LoveFilm to rent games from, as i was thinking of starting to use it as its cheaper than buying games. But i was wondering how good people thought it was, and how often you get the top games sent to you, as i know with top films you dont always get them straight away. So basically is it worth the money.
Hey I use love film and I think its definately worth it. The only downside is that you cant choose which games are sent first. you can prioritize them but it doesnt really mean anything. Like any other rental shops you wait longer for some than others. If you want PM me and ill refer you, you should get some free trial to see if you like it and if not just cancel it making sure you have sent all your discs back by their due date

Hope this helps

Hudson888
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey I use love film and I think its definately worth it. The only downside is that you cant choose which games are sent first. you can prioritize them but it doesnt really mean anything. Like any other rental shops you wait longer for some than others. If you want PM me and ill refer you, you should get some free trial to see if you like it and if not just cancel it making sure you have sent all your discs back by their due date

Hope this helps

Thanks for the offer, i am doing a free trail at the moment, but completly forgot about renting games from them so i can only rent films at the moment, im not sure if i could do another one once it has finished.
But i think i will give it ago when my trial is over, as i cant change it now without cancelling it.

Beatonator
12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Apparently cant run 2 trials. (can if you use a different address ;) )

I just finished my 30 day trial. Very impressed, although as mentioned I prioritised and ended up getting my low priorities over my high priorities. Best thing to do is hit "reserve" in advance of a good release. I tried to Rent Lego Rockband at the start of my 30day trial... I never received it and I have just finished my trial (was set to high the entire time).

Good service though, would HIGHLY recommend.

Phate
12-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I've never used LoveFilm, but I hear good things. I use GamesFrenzy, if you want to check that out.

Genesis x360a
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Ive been using Lovefilm for months now and i think its great. Yer you dont always get your High rentals straight away but do what i do and just fill your list with what you want to play/watch and then you wont be disapionted with what you get sent.

You can change your plan at any time once your trial has finished.

oDrPepper
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
They can sometimes be a bit slow too, it sometimes takes them about 5 days for them to actually send me a game.

Genesis x360a
12-30-2009, 02:16 PM
They can sometimes be a bit slow too, it sometimes takes them about 5 days for them to actually send me a game.

It goes by how many titles you have on your list, If you have 2 or 3 then its going to take them longer to send a game out, Thats why they recommend you have atleast 8-10 titles on your list. I always have atleast 10 games/films and i get 1 sent the day after i send the one i got back.

oDrPepper
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
It goes by how many titles you have on your list, If you have 2 or 3 then its going to take them longer to send a game out, Thats why they recommend you have atleast 8-10 titles on your list. I always have atleast 10 games/films and i get 1 sent the day after i send the one i got back.

Yes, but I've had an 'Awaiting dispatch' message under games for way longer than it should have. They've been good most of the time, though.

Hudson888
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Well when my trail runs out i think i will sign up to recieve games, sounds like it will be pretty good.
I only use blockbuster at the moment, and for some games a week isnt long enough to play a game, what with working full time and the G/F i need to attend to.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I currently use Boomerangrentals.co.uk and they provide a good service although recently in general the service speed has slowed and even more over christmas.

I was considering trying other services that offer the same package as I currently use with them.

Has anyone used Boomerang and Lovefilm that finds one or the other better in general?

Q ipoddy Q
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I used to use love film for movie rentals and every now and then they would send you a free few months of any movies you want so you can rent any amount of movies you want for free for 3 or 4 months (i cant remember how long) and i was wandering wether you can do this with games.

MasterKingz
12-30-2009, 04:02 PM
I use it and its really good i sent my current 2 back on the 29th they got there on the 30th and there already dispatching my next 2 yipee

littlemissymoo
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I use Boomerang. Has slowed down recently but it's a good rental site

MasterKingz
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I use Boomerang. Has slowed down recently but it's a good rental site
Isnt that a TV channel

littlemissymoo
12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Isnt that a TV channel

What I thought when I first saw it when goggled game rentals in the UK.

http://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk/ (http://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk/)

Link.

davhth4
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
I use lovefilm and I am very very happy with my service I receive :)

KRIS DETH
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I have been using lovefilm for about 6 months now and I've got about 200 titles on my list and the service is very good, they have been consist at sending my films/games out quickly and very good customer service if you don't recive some titles

BemusedBox
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Im on a 90 day free trial at the moment 2 games at a time i find they have a quick turnaround and i get a mix of high and low priority.

davhth4
12-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Also I have been getting them sent to me the day of release by using the reserve service.

Evil Chris 85
12-31-2009, 03:20 AM
I use lovefilm as well, I have never had a problem with them yet, even when a disk got lost in the post they were very helpful and customer support was great, I rent all the easy 1000g games and games I want to try but am not sure about buying, I recommend it 110% and it is well worth the 10 a month I pay for it, you can have 2 rentals at any time, for as long as you like with no time limit, and upto 4 different rentals a month, that is the package I am on.
Try it and you won't be dissapointed, only downside is I am still waiting for Saw the videogame, as sometimes the newer releases take a while for you to get, but older games I have always had sent out straight away.
Hope this helps.

I M1K3Y B I
12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I have been with lovefilm for about a year and a bit now. Never had any problems with them.

The only thing that was annoying was what games they sent as the priority system doesn't seem to make much difference, but i think i managed to sort it by having two lists, one list for the ones i want to get at some point and another for the list of games i want straight away, has been prefect since :)

Also i would recommend the 4 in a month 2 at a times deal that they do for 9.99 ;)

Indyy xXx
12-31-2009, 09:27 AM
lovefilm is great my boyfriend cancled his rentle for a while and because he joined back yesterday they gave him three months free the deal we get is unlimited games 4 games a month very good imo :)

jj1993
12-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Just activated my free trial today. When will my games come through the door? :D

EDIT : Wow, I am seriously the biggest douche ever. Is there a different procedure I have to go through to rent games rather than films? Cos I ain't paying 14 quid a month for no films xD

Indyy xXx
12-31-2009, 10:26 AM
probably tomorrow or the day after im not sure tbh mate we renewed ours yesterday at like 2 in the morning so they will probs come tomorrrow now

Jakethemuss
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I recently upgraded my lovefilm account to a movie & game package. I pay just under 10 and can hire as many movies or games as I want in 1 month, providing there is only 1 at home at any 1 time. But I mean I wouldn't want to hire a game for a whole month, if it was lengthy then I'd just buy it on ebay.

My first game was a faulty disc with chips and scratches in the middle of the disc. This was annoying, but I got a replacement disc and my next title within days, so that was okay.

davhth4
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Just activated my free trial today. When will my games come through the door? :D

EDIT : Wow, I am seriously the biggest douche ever. Is there a different procedure I have to go through to rent games rather than films? Cos I ain't paying 14 quid a month for no films xD

When chosing the free trial yes you have to select games. You cant go back and change it so you are kind of screwed I think.

As long as you have lots of games (about 15) but you would have to do movies if you have a movie one. The select them and the day after selected they will arrive if sent out the day selected.

KwH x Fatality
01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I use Tesco DVD Rental which is powered by LoveFilm and it's pretty good service and it is cheap.

CaptainSpanner
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Im thinking of getting a LoveFilm account. My brother has one which he uses for films and he gets a good service so i think im gonna try it out.

chazrivaldo
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
just join lovefilm today...

tremberz
01-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I have used LoveFilm and Boomerang, and I prefer boomerang. They are quicker with the games coming in and more value for money in my opinion. However anyone wanting to rent DVDs as well, Lovefilm is the one.

Crazy BigGaz
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I signed up to LoveFilm yestarday and add a load of games to my list.
At the moment it is say 2 games to be dispacted soon.

So look like to be a quick service.

davhth4
01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Most likely they will be post out today but if not tomorrow for you. Just now the post is being delayed with the snow. So I have been waiting 2 working days so far when you normaly get it next day but I do live at top of Scotland when they are situated down in England.

Didi Mau
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Definitely going to give Boomerang's free trial a go once I finish getting through my most recent batch of pre-owned games, renting would really boost my card and save me a ton of cash.

I'm sure it'll sound like a stupid question, but is debit/credit card the only way of renting with these or can it be done via cash/cheque in post? I must be the only sod alive who still doesn't have a card, so it'd be easier if I could post rather than set up an applicable bank account (I have an ISA, so no cards).

Mudkipzzzz
01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I signed up for Boomerang on the 6/1/2010, waiting for my first game to be dispatched now. Hopefully it won't be delayed due to snow.

- Connor

chelseaman99
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I've got a quick question:

Is there anyway to check whether they have a particular game in stock? The reason I ask is I really want F1 2010 and have it as my only high priority title. I want to know whether if I put this in a list by itself they should send it out to me or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I've got a quick question:

Is there anyway to check whether they have a particular game in stock? The reason I ask is I really want F1 2010 and have it as my only high priority title. I want to know whether if I put this in a list by itself they should send it out to me or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Bit late now maybe, have been away from the forums for a little while.

If the title has a green emblem it should be sent pretty quickly, yellow means the game is in demand but you may get it fairly quickly and red means the title is unavailable at the current time unless your on the priorety membership.

Hope this helps if you still needed an answer.

KRIS DETH
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Bit late now maybe, have been away from the forums for a little while.

If the title has a green emblem it should be sent pretty quickly, yellow means the game is in demand but you may get it fairly quickly and red means the title is unavailable at the current time unless your on the priorety membership.

Hope this helps if you still needed an answer.

Where is this emblem you are talking about? Can't see it anywhere

jacobite
08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Where is this emblem you are talking about? Can't see it anywhere

Yeah i'v never noticed an emblem either, only thing I'v seen before is "Low demand" or something like it next to a few titles I had on my rental list (just looked but of course theres nothing now)

Only little complaint with love film is the awaiting dispatch message seems to stay longer that it should but I'm talking a day max.

Overall lovefilm are very good and I'v had free disks send out I think three times now, just for adding titles when they ask, I rarely have less than 10 in my lists, one moves one for games.

Blitz MMCCV
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah i'v never noticed an emblem either, only thing I'v seen before is "Low demand" or something like it next to a few titles I had on my rental list (just looked but of course theres nothing now)

Only little complaint with love film is the awaiting dispatch message seems to stay longer that it should but I'm talking a day max.

Overall lovefilm are very good and I'v had free disks send out I think three times now, just for adding titles when they ask, I rarely have less than 10 in my lists, one moves one for games.

Yeah i keep getting those free rents as well i think you get them everytime you refer someone to lovefilm as well as the free month they give you.

Corrupt.
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Lovefilm is fantastic, especially if you are trying to boost GS. Lovefilm is probably responsible for 50k plus of my GS :D

Blitz MMCCV
08-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Lovefilm is fantastic, especially if you are trying to boost GS. Lovefilm is probably responsible for 50k plus of my GS :D

Yeah and a good 75% of mine lol.