PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid being glitched... while glitching.

Kaldo
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Long story short: die (at least) once while on the level you're trying to get your achievement for.

So if it's the 'finish game in different modes', die once on the final level.

If it's "kill the chick while wesley", die once on her level.

Basically, dying triggers the game to think it's properly in that level, rather then the glitchy way we're all trying. I learnt this by mistake after dying on the last level while trying to do the 'kill immortal as cross' achievement (which i got), then I tried killing the girl using wesley... no go. The only thing i could think of that I did different was I didn't die... so next time I loaded up her level, got all the way to her at the end and let her & her goons kill me... re-loaded the checkpoint at her fight, killed her and.. presto!

Only problem with this trick is if you're doing modes where you want to achieve something on 'killer' difficulty, beware.. when you die and load the checkpoint, yes the game does now believe you are properly on that difficulty and haven't skipped levels.. But now you ARE on that difficulty. So try to not die until you get to your target objective :P

(i.e. The Immortal, The Russian or The Spider Lady...)

Good luck guys. Big thanks to roadmap maker v_thorne for the initial heads up, and can everyone stop saying that the glitches don't work: I've just 1000'd this game, and the date is 30 dec 2009 - all updates installed.

rabies
12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
LoL...I was just coming on here to post this and you beat me to the punch!

I can confirm this

I guess nobody had realized till now that you do indeed need to be on Killer difficulty to get the following achievements:

Punishing Subordinates (chapter 3)Heart Breaker (Chapter 7)Between Old Friends (chapter 9)

If you decide to use the glitch to get these, if you do NOT die through the entire level after selecting pussy, you won't get the achievement. I got the achievement as stated in the guide for the chapter 9 one, but I had inadvertantly died. Upon doing both the chapter 3 and 7 ones (much, much easier and shorter levels), I got through without dying at all..and both times, not achievement...so I started investigating/testing.

As you stated, dying bumps you back up to the killer difficulty once you load your last save. I confirmed this by comparing. If you die early in a level and reload, it is easy to tell that the difficulty has gone up, as you suddenly take more damage and die easier. The QTE in chapter 3 was the dead giveaway as suddenly the bullets lacks the outlines and there is no timer...something unique to killer.

jordan40
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks! great to know seeing how i am doing these in the next hour! =)

IAMTHEBISHOP
05-08-2010, 11:36 PM
cool as soon as I get done this game on killer Im going to try this glitch. thanks for the heads up about the dieing part:)

Viper8828
06-19-2010, 05:49 AM
theres no update that got rid of being able to glitch this stuff tho - cuz i jsut got this for $8 n wanna make sure i can get all 1000 before i put it in my 360

Viper8828
06-29-2010, 11:08 AM
when i go to do the close combat achieve - it shows up in the first act but when i switch to act 9 the close combat thing disappears...will i still get the achieve for it cuz i dont wanna play a whole act for no reason