PDA

View Full Version : Did I get an achievement? No. But xXxSpartan117xXx is Online :P.

CrazierLiam
12-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok, I had to put AC1 flag/temlar hunting on hold for a second so I could write this:

Have you ever done something in a game, and the second you do it, a friend logs on to XBL. It's so weird. Example (most recent):

I started playing Assassin's Creed 1 again to try and get 1000 G. I was getting flags in Jerusalem. The EXACT second I pick one up, a friend came online. Now I knew that I wasn't getting anachievement anytime soon because I had only gotten like 2 flags. But it's still wierd! Like, I could have picked up that flag faster and sooner then I did. Would my friend have come on then :P? Or I could have went for an entirely different flag! Would it have happened then?

Another recent example: A friend came online THE EXACT SECOND that a killed a main assassination target!! (I had already gotten the achievement for him in another playthrough) What the fudge!

So I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else. It's happened to me so many times, I'm going to start keeping a record (If I start keeping track though, it probably won't happen again :P).

Question:
Has anyone ever had a Friend come online at the same time they accomplished something in a game?

RetroHolo
12-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I've had a few times when I'd be pushing for an achievement I hadn't unlocked and a friend popped online when I was expecting the achievement to pop. It always manages to throw me off and I'll screw up.

specVjavi
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
This has happened to me a couple times when working towards an achievement. Then i get mad when i realize i didnt get an achievement, it was just my stupid friend getting online haha.

ApochWeiss
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes, gonna get the achievement. Gonna get it. Almost there...almost...there...*bing* YES!!! I...got a message from Bilbycom. GOD DAMN BILBY!

FUCK! I fucked up...

ugh...ok, let's try again.........................almost...almost...al most...*bing* there we are...What? GOD DAMN BILBY!!!

reply: Quit writing me, you're causing me to fuck up.

Ok...again..................yes...yes!...YEEEEEEEE EEEEEES! *bing*FUCKING BILBY! WHEN DID YOU SIGN OFF-LINE?! *bing* NO I DON'T WANT TO READ A MESSAGE! *bing* OR JOIN YOUR PARTY!

*bing*

Wait...how the...I got the achievement? ...Holy hell, I have 40 messages?! He kept the achievement from popping this whole time?

GOD!!! DAMNED!!! BILBY!!!

Yeah, it's...interesting haha.

CrazierLiam
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Haha! Good to know it's not just me :).

Hudson888
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Yea ive had that happen a couple of times to me as well, the worst is when your supposed to get an achievement and it doesnt pop straight away. Like in FIFA, i got the 5 star manager but it didnt give me the achievement until the end of the next game, i got scared for a while.

xx Mike 93 xx
12-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Once i got an achievement but the '**** is online' message came up instead, i thought crap what if i dont get it :eek:. Then it popped up after, what a relief :p

CrazierLiam
12-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Once i got an achievement but the '**** is online' message came up instead, i thought crap what if i dont get it :eek:. Then it popped up after, what a relief :p

Ya lol. That also happens a lot to me xD.

Daiphyer.
12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
It happened alot to me. The most frustrating one, was going for the Halo 3 Legendary with everyone in ghosts, and when we came back to the lobby(Finished the damn thing in 2 hours!) we were all waiting for something to pop-up (Dead silent) then I hear the achievement popping up sound, I shout "Yeaa I got it first suckers!!" Only to see it was someone getting online -_-

Q ipoddy Q
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I do that sometimes when i get a new game and accomplish a level or goal and a friend comes online im like ooh achiev....crap!

AltruismIsDead
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I laughed my ass off at your thread title.

I know exactly what you mean. There have been toooooooo many countless times when that happens.

If I am playing a single player game it seems to happen the most. Like RIGHT after you finish a level or something where you are slightly expecting an achievement, then BAM Blah blah blah popped up online.

Really? Do they have to give you the same sound for achievements and friends? I love how it sounds when I get an achievement, but not for a friend or a message.

I say they bring back the sound of the original arcade games when an achievement popped up, now those were awesome. *Do Doo Dooo Dooooo* ACHIEVEMENT!

I also normally leave my xbox on 24/7 so unless a game needs an update its always on, so at least I know I am not pissing off my friends when I do come online ;)

Genesis x360a
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Happens all the time to me lol I had a friend on my list who changed his GT to Achievement150G, It used to get me all the time even though it looks nothing like an achievement pop up lol :p

kentarulez
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
It usually happens to me on Guitar Hero when I'm near a streak achievement. that's the worst because it makes you mess up the streak.

Cause.
12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I've had a few times when I'd be pushing for an achievement I hadn't unlocked and a friend popped online when I was expecting the achievement to pop. It always manages to throw me off and I'll screw up.

Happens to me ALL of the time... =/

McKaystyles
12-30-2009, 05:20 PM
when im really into the game i turn off notifications

dakisbac
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
This happens to everybody often. What annoys me is that sometimes you unlock the achievement and the notification comes up right after the the friend, or sometimes not at all. When that happens I always check the guide to make sure I got it

Capn Doug
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
My solution: I have no friends. I think I have like 6 people on XBL, so, I rarely get those messages.

Marx0r
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
1. Have a friend that uses msn on his 360
2. Change your display name to "Achievement Unlocked:"
3. Message him with "xxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxG"

Hilarity ensues.

bapae
12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
This seems like it happens it me all the time. But only when i finish an achievement i haven't got. ooooh and my favorate im doing a kill so many with certain gun achievement and ill be like 5 mins in and people keep signing on every few enemy's right as a kill one though.

ZundayXx
12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Yup, this annoys me.
There's a simple solution!!
Achievement sound: Poeliep.
Message sound: Poeloep.

Easy solution if you ask me.

bapae
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Yup, this annoys me.
There's a simple solution!!
Achievement sound: Poeliep.
Message sound: Poeloep.

Easy solution if you ask me. Say what? dont messages,sign ins,downloads completeing, and achievements all have the same exact sounds

Mister Buds
12-30-2009, 08:13 PM
hands down, the most annoying time this happens is when you're working on seriously... seems like my friends list got in the habit of signing on right when a game would end.

v_thorne
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
The absolute worst is when you're trying relentlessly to get a really hard achievement, think you got it, but it was only a damned friend coming online.

It happens to me all the time.

$RebelG
12-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I've had it happen to me maybe a handful of times. Its the most annoying when you're trying to finish off a hard achievement or when you think you're collecting the last little something that's needed and then a pop up comes up saying a friends online. You get all excited thinking you've finally done it and you haven't. Bummer.

Soulflyy
12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
I get this all the damn time heck my gf always turns around when she's browsing the net because she thinks i got an achievement she gets pissed lol

RyanDub815
12-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Yep, if it's like a party invite or something I usually join it and say something along the lines of "Thanks fuckhead" and leave.

The Destroyernatorer
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Trials HD. 'Nuff said.

True I Skill
12-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Happens all the time with me, Also when im not even acheivment hunting, i might just do somthing Simple like kill a random person, Or jump off a building. Then a friend will come online and although theres no acheivment for what i just did, or i already have them all, i still stupidly beleive that i might have an acheivment for what i just did :D

Somtimes it happens on the dashboard, Like i might click to download somthing and as i do a friend comes on. "Acheivment unlocked for downloading 100 Demo's"

Thats why i like to keep my list low, I hate games when they put it in the top right corner Or i keep looking up there and reading it when a friend comes on to see if i got an acheivment or not, When im on games like guitar hero. -.- Been put off many times seeing a friend pop up in middle of song and thinking it was an acheivment for a note streak that i got at the same time.

elephantd
12-31-2009, 01:19 AM
happens to me all the time in feeding frenzy, trying to get 3 achievements and all of them are so damn close to getting them. Driving me nuts! lol

Martinnn
12-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Sigh... i'd rather do collectables on games then when im on a hard achievement hunt, and i think ive got it and suddenly, ifuerwnuh is online...

Sigh.. Prick :p

kall5ter
12-31-2009, 01:26 AM
lmao yeah, it always happens to me :P

Lazermatt
12-31-2009, 03:27 AM
It happens god knows how many times a day to me aswell. They should change the sound for friends coming online & messages being recieved to this.

Melanopterus
12-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Yes actually RIGHT before I logged on here. I beat mass effect again (going for random use ____ this many times achievements) and right as I beat it my cousin logged on. For a moment before I looked I was like "no I did not earn any achievements"

Also I have a friend with the tag "the clap" and 7 times out of 10 if I am watching a movie or show and anything to do with sex comes up he logs in right on cue. Very amusing to me

Darth Grif55
12-31-2009, 04:56 AM
This happens to me all the time. Especially when I'm playing a new game, where I'm not going for achievements yet.

Suzuka Miyamoto
12-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Ok, I had to put AC1 flag/temlar hunting on hold for a second so I could write this:

Have you ever done something in a game, and the second you do it, a friend logs on to XBL. It's so weird. Example (most recent):

I started playing Assassin's Creed 1 again to try and get 1000 G. I was getting flags in Jerusalem. The EXACT second I pick one up, a friend came online. Now I knew that I wasn't getting anachievement anytime soon because I had only gotten like 2 flags. But it's still wierd! Like, I could have picked up that flag faster and sooner then I did. Would my friend have come on then :P? Or I could have went for an entirely different flag! Would it have happened then?

Another recent example: A friend came online THE EXACT SECOND that a killed a main assassination target!! (I had already gotten the achievement for him in another playthrough) What the fudge!

So I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else. It's happened to me so many times, I'm going to start keeping a record (If I start keeping track though, it probably won't happen again :P).

Question:
Has anyone ever had a Friend come online at the same time they accomplished something in a game?

Yes for me its Mass Effect.

Use biotic Warp 75 times.

I've been spaming this move over and over to get the achievement.

I use warp "bing",achievement?

No friend comes online.

Use warp again "bing" achievement?

No other friend comes online. ( -_- )

I use it again "bing" achievement?

No......................................

Spawn Man
12-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah. It actually happened when I was SUPPOSED to get an achievement, but didn't, so I was like WTF?! But yeah happens all the time, because I automatically press the guide button instinctively but then I see its' only a friend.

njdevils17
12-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Haha, I was actually going to make a thread about this.

This seems to happen to me at least once a day whenever I play a game. I think I'm getting an achievement and then I see that one of my friends is online or that someone sent me a message.

It's frustrating when you're actually going for an achievement and you think you unlocked something!

Indyy xXx
12-31-2009, 07:37 AM
yeah omg! it happens to me soooo many times its really fucking annoying i get so mad! -.- when im going for achievements and then i hear that sweet sound im like YES! then i take another look someone logged in -.- lol

I M1K3Y B I
12-31-2009, 09:05 AM
To many times i have had this happen to me.

I swear my Xbox waits for me to get to the point of where i should get an achievement, and then tells me someone has signed in on purpose to trick me :(

Phate
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Happens to me all too much. Also, I hear the achievement noise every time I finish a song on GH: WT.

adz5000
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
This happened to me a few days a go getting the sweeper and messer sandman in assassins creed 2. Very annoying :mad:

B17713
12-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Happens to me all too much. Also, I hear the achievement noise every time I finish a song on GH: WT.

I thought that was just me lol :P
It's like people know! Their just waiting beside their xbox for that crucial moment, then, Acheivement....not :(

Kairi
12-31-2009, 02:49 PM
That happends a lot. If it isn't a friend coming on its a message. Once I had a message, achievement, frind online, and a text message at the same time. It was really weird.

Xylon Uxkid
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
That really sucks, I hate when that happens. But you know what worse...when you imagine the achievement sound...I'm always "hearing" it.

XxBlueSpade2xX
12-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you stoned?

Spawn Man
12-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Are you stoned?

Is he Muslim?

NaK Quinn
01-01-2010, 05:45 AM
When L4D2 came out we were trying for the cross the bridge in ____ time achievment, right when we hopped on the heli, cut scene, then *blip*.......someone logged on. We didnt get it and had to try again.

Herr Shaun
01-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I had that happen last night when I got "Jack of all Trades (150G)" playing GH:WT. Just as I was supposed to net the achievement, somebody random I never talk to signed in. It scared me at first, cause I thought I spent 8 hours playing drums for nothing. :P

antnie
01-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I remember going for the 100 frag achievement in Gears 1. I was over 100 and right when he game ended someone came online.

Night45Fox
01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah, most recently in GRID, trying to get 1000 miles driven, also on AC1 alot

Tussell
01-02-2010, 09:24 PM
The same thing has happened to me a billion times. I think you're thinking about it too deeply.

ac2565
01-02-2010, 11:28 PM
When I was going for Seriously in Gears 1 and the leaderboards said I had over 10,000 kills I had two incidents where a friend would sign on right at the end of the game.