PDA

View Full Version : Rampage

Sirharper
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Does anybody have any suggestions on the best way to get this achievement?

What exactly qualifies as generating havok for 60 seconds?

Spartan
03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
In the pause menu you can look at the achievements, and for this one it has a list of each thing you have to do to get it. It also tells you if you have completed that specific part of it or not.

Molneze3
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Yea, there kind of like the "in-game achievements" and you need to complete all of them to unlock the actual achievement

Clayj
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
FWIW, here's how I got my Rampage achievement WITHOUT having to use any co-op trickery:

Blow up 25 gang controlled vehicles in 60 seconds
Go to the Diaz garage/chopshop armed with 2 rocket launchers (Hothead AND Firefly) and cluster grenades... crime does NOT have to be on. Stand near the entrance to the garage and chuck a cluster grenade at one of the three cars outside. As soon as you throw, run inside toward the 4 import tuners in the back right of the garage... as soon as you can see the first one, shoot a Hothead at it. Again, don't wait to see if it hits. Turn around and run back outside... if you want to, shoot the semi and the car near the entrance with a rocket on your way out, but make sure you're not so close you're knocked down by the explosion. As soon as you get outside, the three cars outside should have respawned. Chuck another grenade. Lather, rinse, repeat... just don't waste any time. Walking through the doorway causes vehicles to respawn right away, so as long as you move and shoot quickly, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Kill 15 gang members with your bare hands or thrown objects in 60 seconds
Get your strength up to at least 4*, and preferrably 4* with -- (maxed out). With crime on, start beating up on some gang members in Los Muertos territory, preferrably at a large intersection or in the area near the Royal Vista underpass. Don't use guns, just kick ass. As soon as a hit squad comes after you, it shouldn't take long for you to one-kick-kill 15 gangers.

Shoot and kill 15 gang members in 60 seconds
This one's easy. Follow the same procedure as immediately above, but use the 80-round-cap machine gun.

Use explosives to kill 25 gang members in 60 seconds
Even easier. Just let loose with the Firefly rocket launcher and keep moving to find new gangers to shoot (crime must be turned on, obviously). Don't worry about collateral damage, otherwise you may have a tougher time. (It helps if you maximize your Explosives kill to 4*/-- first.)

Use a vehicle to kill 10 gang members in 60 seconds
The SUV works well for this, in a crowded area of La Mugre with crime turned on. Again, don't worry so much about collateral damage (it'll help if your Driving skill is maxed out).

Pop twenty tires of gang controlled vehicles in 60 seconds
Easy place to do this is the triangular building courtyard to the west of Maxim's Arch in The Den with crime off. There are four cars already in the courtyard and one in the entryway on the east side of the courtyard. Line up all 5 cars and shoot out the tires with a machine gun. Reload after 10 tires are popped, sooner if you need to.

Bomber v4
03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
All you have to do is complete all the "sub-achievements" and then you will get the main achievement which is rampage.

SteelerXBox360
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
FWIW, here's how I got my Rampage achievement WITHOUT having to use any co-op trickery:

Blow up 25 gang controlled vehicles in 60 seconds
Go to the Diaz garage/chopshop armed with 2 rocket launchers (Hothead AND Firefly) and cluster grenades... crime does NOT have to be on. Stand near the entrance to the garage and chuck a cluster grenade at one of the three cars outside. As soon as you throw, run inside toward the 4 import tuners in the back right of the garage... as soon as you can see the first one, shoot a Hothead at it. Again, don't wait to see if it hits. Turn around and run back outside... if you want to, shoot the semi and the car near the entrance with a rocket on your way out, but make sure you're not so close you're knocked down by the explosion. As soon as you get outside, the three cars outside should have respawned. Chuck another grenade. Lather, rinse, repeat... just don't waste any time. Walking through the doorway causes vehicles to respawn right away, so as long as you move and shoot quickly, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Kill 15 gang members with your bare hands or thrown objects in 60 seconds
Get your strength up to at least 4*, and preferrably 4* with -- (maxed out). With crime on, start beating up on some gang members in Los Muertos territory, preferrably at a large intersection or in the area near the Royal Vista underpass. Don't use guns, just kick ass. As soon as a hit squad comes after you, it shouldn't take long for you to one-kick-kill 15 gangers.

Shoot and kill 15 gang members in 60 seconds
This one's easy. Follow the same procedure as immediately above, but use the 80-round-cap machine gun.

Use explosives to kill 25 gang members in 60 seconds
Even easier. Just let loose with the Firefly rocket launcher and keep moving to find new gangers to shoot (crime must be turned on, obviously). Don't worry about collateral damage, otherwise you may have a tougher time. (It helps if you maximize your Explosives kill to 4*/-- first.)

Use a vehicle to kill 10 gang members in 60 seconds
The SUV works well for this, in a crowded area of La Mugre with crime turned on. Again, don't worry so much about collateral damage (it'll help if your Driving skill is maxed out).

Pop twenty tires of gang controlled vehicles in 60 seconds
Easy place to do this is the triangular building courtyard to the west of Maxim's Arch in The Den with crime off. There are four cars already in the courtyard and one in the entryway on the east side of the courtyard. Line up all 5 cars and shoot out the tires with a machine gun. Reload after 10 tires are popped, sooner if you need to.

This is a great reference and I will use it when I go back through the game in Los Muertos...thx!

rollerpenguin
03-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Another easy place to do the pop 20 tires is sixty seconds is the parking garage at the bottom of the building where colonel cowell is or was if you already killed him. There are ten cars all lined up for you. I always assumed that the cars had to actually be driven by gang members but I guess not.

InsaneGamer94
03-09-2007, 05:26 AM
how do i blow up 100 explosive objects in a minute:eek: :confused:

DaedHead88
03-09-2007, 05:55 AM
how do i blow up 100 explosive objects in a minute:eek: :confused:

Different achievement but I'll help you out. On the beach in La Mugre there is a boardwalk with a bunch of explosive barrels on it, blow those up, they should respawn every 10-15 seconds so just keep shooting at them until the achievement unlocks. If you have trouble finding the boardwalk, send me a FR with Crackdown in the message and I'll be glad to help you out.

nascarfan38124
03-09-2007, 06:15 AM
you can run back and forth from the pier witch has a bunch of barrels lined up too plus that gives time for the other barrels to respawn

i did it by starting on the pier aming at the left side (they wrap around the biulding) then running to the boardwalk and shooting the top and bottom barrels then running back to the pier to shoot the left again and get the achievement

a easy way to get there is when you exit the agency tunnel follow the road up and turn left at the first intersection and go down all the way to the farris wheel then get out and go left up to the beach then turn right and go clockwise arount the island on the beach and you will run into the pier

nascarfan38124
03-09-2007, 06:15 AM
basicly go left and fallow the beach...lol