PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is frustrating...

xXx3NIGM4xXx
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Yesterday, I got a 40" 1080p Dynex from BestBuy. *My parents have had a Dynex for about 2 1/2 years, so I knew what I was getting, and it was in my price range* My Xbox is a launch model though, and only has component cables. It still looks sweet in HD, but my dads 720p looks just as good; he has HDMI on his Elite. I know that HDMI > component, but I have two different profiles on my current Xbox. The old one downloaded Comedy Central stand up, all the Oblivion DLC, and half of my arcade titles (about 12), while my new one has downloaded pretty much everything else. I know if I get a new Xbox, I wont be able to use my old profiles DLC/Arcade purchases, even though they're mine. I read the FAQ and saw that a supposed rep said to call and ask for a license transfer, but would that work? Would deleting everything and re-downloading work? Why does Microsoft have to make things so damned difficult for people who bought the original, and now have to suffer to upgrade to HDMI. And, do I have to actually purchase a completely new Xbox? Thanks to all who help me out! :Bounce:

tugboatman
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
im pretty sure a license transfer will work providing you havent done it already in the last 12 months. I transferred mine when i got RROD but you can do it online just go to

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

McKaystyles
12-30-2009, 09:31 PM
It works your just going to have to transfer licenses from both accounts

xXx3NIGM4xXx
12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Dang! Is that a fairly new Xbox.com feature? lol, thanks!