PDA

View Full Version : Starting the game on normal or apocalyptic diff?

R34L91
12-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Yea Title says it all.

So whats the best choice?

And are u able to keep ur stuff that you have collected from the first run for apocalyptic diff. or do you have to start all over again??

I need to know that before I start the game.

Thank you guys

ruin3d
12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
i started on Apocalyptic and did 1000 in one playthrough so if you're pretty decent at beat'em up type games you shouldn't struggle much.

Thebutter
12-31-2009, 03:36 PM
How many hours did it take you to finish it on apoc?

ruin3d
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
About 12 to finish it with about 800G then another 5 or so to polish off to 1000G, though i didn't have a guide so hopefully my post will help trim that time down a bit.

As long as you don't expect to be able to stand there and button mash then apocalyptic isn't so hard, dodge, counter, parry and you won't have any real problem.

Plus Abyssum armour makes apocalyptic seem like normal once you unlock it.

Thebutter
12-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Sweet, apocalyptic it is then. Thanks

xxMaceXxx
01-01-2010, 07:13 AM
i don't know why but i totaly suck at this game ... i've started on Apo but i can't beat the first boss ..... i've never realy played Devil May Cry or games like that but c'mon i can't be realy that bad ... he only needs like 3 hits on me and i can't block them all so i'm down in like 20 sekonds .... i can kill his creatures easily but he is a pain in the a** .... i can't even survive long enough to refill my special attack wich will knock him on the ground ... i can do it once the battle starts but then ...... oh man ....

ApochWeiss
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Wait, how the hell are you guys even playing this game yet? It doesn't "ship" until the 5th. You guys work for Gamestop or something? Or did I miss the boat and it's out now and my local Gamestop are a bunch of idiots and the date on this site is wrong?

xxMaceXxx
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
i know it will be released on 5th but a friend of mine gave it to me ... he always gets games early ... he never told where the hell he get his games from but i won't ask as long as he will always get a copy for me too :) i know that some guys called me a pirate but i don't care

ruin3d
01-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Mace if you mean the giant boss in the street coming out of the lava wait until he throws cars, dodge them and then throw 2 back to stun him. When he is stunned smack him in the head. Rinse and repeat and he is a doddle

xxMaceXxx
01-01-2010, 02:25 PM
no i'm not talking about this one ... i'm don't suck THIS much! :) i mean the one who summons 3 creatures the one u have to beat before u can free Samuel

ruin3d
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Ah the phantom general. You need to dodge and counter attack him while dealing with the enemies he summons. Just use RB to dodge his big attacks then when he is recovering pound him and dodge away.

On Apocalyptic he's one of the hardest bosses as he doesn't have a set pattern / puzzle to him. Those guys and the giant skeletal knights with the hammers were what i died on most anyway :)

guillermo316
01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Ah the phantom general. You need to dodge and counter attack him while dealing with the enemies he summons. Just use RB to dodge his big attacks then when he is recovering pound him and dodge away.

On Apocalyptic he's one of the hardest bosses as he doesn't have a set pattern / puzzle to him. Those guys and the giant skeletal knights with the hammers were what i died on most anyway :)

what would you say is the difficulty of draksiders, compared to games like devil may cry or bayonata

ruin3d
01-01-2010, 05:55 PM
its a totally different type of game so it isn't as relentless as an all out combat game. I have only played the Bayonetta demo so far but i'd say Darksiders is much easier on the hardest setting than DMC4 as a combat game.

Also if you are basing it on achievements 1k on Darksiders is pretty easily doable in 1 playthrough and about 15-17 hours whereas the Bayonetta forum says 30+ hours and 3 playthroughs for that.

Darksiders think Zelda/Metroid more than hack and slash.

Thebutter
01-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Ya a lot of places break the street dates on new release titles, you just gotta know the one in your area.

By the way things seem to be going ok for me on apoc. I mean it's not a cake walk but it's still fun.

hey ruin I was also wonder what upgrades you recommend to get first? I can't remember what I have off hand but if there's something essential I'd love to hear it.

ruin3d
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Ya a lot of places break the street dates on new release titles, you just gotta know the one in your area.

By the way things seem to be going ok for me on apoc. I mean it's not a cake walk but it's still fun.

hey ruin I was also wonder what upgrades you recommend to get first? I can't remember what I have off hand but if there's something essential I'd love to hear it.

The air dash 100% then the air juggle type attacks.

Basically you'll find yourself mid-way through an air combo many a time when a boss/big enemy starts an attack. Air dash lets you scoot away with 0 damage.

Another good one is the one that lets you swing your sword round behind you. When surrounded by enemies this helps a lot.

Unless you really like them don't waste souls on wrath abilities, i didnt really need them at all and they cost a bomb

Thebutter
01-03-2010, 05:52 AM
hey man thanks for the tips. I don't know if you would want to add this to your guide but I opened from of those comic books to see what the codes were like for the scythe, and they all seem to be the same code which is

The Hollow Lord

Once again I'm not near my xbox so I can't go check to see if it works but maybe you can give it a shot and let the world know, hehe.

Thebutter
01-04-2010, 12:32 AM
So I had time to go check it out and yes

The Hollow Lord

will unlock the scythe for you. You need to go into the game options and type it in in the enter code option