PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Magic Coletrain
12-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before

I'm thinking about buying an Elite and i'm gonna give my current 360 to my mate, i was wondering can i still keep my gamertag and achievements?, or do i have to start all over again?

one thing is that i got my email hacked ages ago and i've forgotten my LIVE password (i use the default sign in) so i can't recover my email or password :(

i know i can transfer my game saves via a "Transfer kit" or something

So yeah sorry if this has been posted before but if anyone could give me a hand it would be much appriciated

specVjavi
12-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before

I'm thinking about buying an Elite and i'm gonna give my current 360 to my mate, i was wondering can i still keep my gamertag and achievements?, or do i have to start all over again?

one thing is that i got my email hacked ages ago and i've forgotten my LIVE password (i use the default sign in) so i can't recover my email or password :(

i know i can transfer my game saves via a "Transfer kit" or something

So yeah sorry if this has been posted before but if anyone could give me a hand it would be much appriciated

well you need to know your email account and password in order to recover your account...

but i think if you use a transfer kit, it should move everything over and no recovering should be needed.

bapae
01-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Yep you will have all your achievements still.
all you have to do is recover your gamertag takes like 5 mins.

Magic Coletrain
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah but in order to recover my gamertag don't i need my password? which i can't remember and in order to get a "password recovery" they will send it to my email address which i can't access due to it beeing hacked

GrindPantera95
01-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Then a transfer kit, or keeping the HDD, is the best thing to do. Are you going to give him the HDD too?

Quick heads up: Try to avoid getting achievements offline, since recovering your account presents a chance to lose those.

Magic Coletrain
01-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Yeah i'm gonna give him my HDD too

So if i get a transfer kit, it will transfer all my game saves, achievements and gamertag?

Pretty sure nearly all of my achievements have been gained online

sorry for asking so many questions

CaptainSpanner
01-02-2010, 02:31 AM
If you use the transfer cable from Microsoft, you will get your game saves and gamertag. Achievements are attatched to your gamertag so you will get them too.

MattDB87
01-02-2010, 02:38 AM
just recover it. but u need to be on live

Please actually read before posting.

Magic Coletrain
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM
If you use the transfer cable from Microsoft, you will get your game saves and gamertag. Achievements are attatched to your gamertag so you will get them too.

So a transfer cable will transfer everything

so i don't need to know my password n stuff? it will just default sign me in after i've transfered everything, if you know what i mean

I M1K3Y B I
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
If worst comes to worse just get yourself a 512MB memory card and transfer things over that way :)

WackFiend
01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
You will probably still need to know your LIVE ID and password. With a transfer kit, it will transfer everything from one HDD to another (it only goes from smaller to larger, or similar sizes, ie. 20 to 120, 120 to 120). It then deletes everything off the old hard drive. It may randomly not be able to transfer some items, saying they are "corrupt", but it will still delete them and not tell you what they were (in my case, at least the Bioshock DLC, but nothing important that I've found yet).

That's the simple part. What Microsoft doesn't tell you, is that your Gamertag is also tied to the console you use. They consider this your "home" console. The console itself holds the licenses to all the content you download from Xbox LIVE (DLC, arcade games, etc.). When you use your Gamertag on another machine, it will allow YOU to use all of this content, but no one else that may have a profile as well. Also, if you are ever not connected to LIVE, you won't be able to use any of it, and Arcade games will think they are Trial versions.

It's all for copyright/piracyt/sharing reasons, but is a pain in the butt. To fix this, you have to log on to Xbox.com and transfer all your licenses over from there, which you can only do once every 12 months. If you have Xbox.com automatically sign you in too, then you should be ok. If not, well...

I would try my hardest to either a) remember the password, or b) see about getting that email account back.

davhth4
01-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Contact microsoft and mention you cant remember password and stuff and then you can answer questions and they might let you have it reset back to what you want.

The transfer cable will work fine.

The post above....I doubt thats true because Mine works fine with all profiles newly made and stuff with my old stuff from my old HDD on my new HDD.

And I love when alot of people dont bother reading the full posts lol.

Magic Coletrain
01-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Ok looks like i'm going to have to phone them since if i send them an email they will tell me to ring them

gaaah i hate not knowing my password

is there any way on the xbox to remember it? like if i knew how many letters were in the password i could guess that way

if theres an option to show your password like this ****** i can maybe figure it out

thanks for all the replies if anyone has any more ideas feel free to help me out

davhth4
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM
I dont think so. Did you not know the answer to yoru reminder question?

WackFiend
01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
The post above....I doubt thats true because Mine works fine with all profiles newly made and stuff with my old stuff from my old HDD on my new HDD.

Its true. My "home" console is currently being shipped back to me by Microsoft, so I am borrowing my friend's extra console since he purchased a MW2 one. I tried playing Symphony of the Night a few days ago offline. It told me it was the trial version. Connected to LIVE, worked fine, and then my internet cut out again, went to go save and was told it was the trial version, while I was still in the same game that wasn't four seconds earlier.

Also, any download I queue up on Xbox.com shows up on this console as "Assigned to a different console". Same thing for my friend. He queue's something up and it wants to download to the one I have, even though it's my hard drive and I am signed in. To fix this, he went to the website I mentioned to transfer his licenses.