PDA

View Full Version : The Sumptuous Gamerscore Project

WackFiend
01-01-2010, 12:54 AM
I saw there was a thread here about everyone's 2010 gamerscore goal. I found this pretty amusing, because a few months ago I decided I needed to set a goal for myself. I've found myself recently unemployed, and if I had a therapist, I'm sure that person would say that short-term goals are a good thing. Thus, I have decided to go on the arduous process of achievement hunting.

I've decided that in 2010 I will accumulate, on average, 100 achievement points a day. I don't know how difficult this will be. So far, since I purchased my console, I've reach 50k gamerscore. I stopped here purposely so that I started the year off with a nice number (so it's easy to keep track of mostly). In addition to this, I will be keeping a blog here (http://lifeisviewtiful.wordpress.com/) cataloging all of the escapades. I'll show which games I'm playing, which achievements I've gained, and how fun/difficult/original/etc. they are.

The whole reason I wanted to start a blog in the first place so many months ago was because I wanted to review things. Video games, movies, TV, food... whatever. So, in addition to all my achievements, I'll also try to review all of the games I play once I've completed them.

Also, another New Year's resolution I have is to see a movie every weekend. So you guys can expect reviews on that as well. I'm doing all this in hopes that some day these blog posts might help me get a writing job somewhere. But, in the mean time, it's just for fun.

If you guys want to check it out, head to http://lifeisviewtiful.wordpress.com/. I look forward to your feedback. And if this post is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.

Zorlance
01-01-2010, 01:54 AM
And if this post is in the wrong area, feel free to movie it.

Your goal is fine and all but it's not entertaining enough to be made into a movie, sorry.

KRIS DETH
01-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Well done friend, it's good to set yourself a goal, unfourtunatly i can't do anything like that because of college work :(
Sucks! that you've been unemployed but make sure you don't focus too much on games, you should also look into getting another job =]
Add me on XBL: xKRIS DETHx - i'de like to watch your progress and i'm sure i could help you with some quick MP achievements :)

WackFiend
01-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Well done friend, it's good to set yourself a goal, unfourtunatly i can't do anything like that because of college work :(
Sucks! that you've been unemployed but make sure you don't focus too much on games, you should also look into getting another job =]
Add me on XBL: xKRIS DETHx - i'de like to watch your progress and i'm sure i could help you with some quick MP achievements :)

Will do!

I'm mostly doing this because I've got 94 games for my Xbox and I constantly find myself bored with nothing to play, even though I've only beaten maybe two dozen and completed (achievement wise) even less. Hopefully this will get me to play not only more games, but more in depth as well.

GUNSANDBUTTA
01-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Well I am always down to boost so feel free to add me to GUNSANDBUTTA

N-Forced
01-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Sorry if I come off sounding like a dick man, but wouldn't a better new years resolution be to find a new job? That way you can still feed your gaming habbit and yourself as well.

BG AzN
01-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey I'm all for your idea, feel free to add to me to do boosting when you need it.

Melanopterus
01-01-2010, 05:29 AM
I have a few games I would like to complete and get 100% on... However setting a goal for it just doesn't seem I don't know... productive? No that's not the word

I like my gamerscore and I want it to be high. But games to me are my down time, my zone out.

I set goals for how much money I am going to save in six months to do a bulk payment on an outstanding bill (like car). Or how much of a script I am working on I will finish (film student).

I don't want to set goals for fun things lol.

But none the less short term goals are good for people, it gives the mind something to focus on other then being down. So I wish you the best of luck not only with your 2010 gamer score goals but with whatever else you are pursuing this year

Ryan2099
01-01-2010, 05:39 AM
I just clicked on your blog and bookmarked it. It is gonna be a tough goal to accomplish but I look forward to reading your updates. Good luck.:woop:

Evil Chris 85
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Good luck, I will follow your progress, it's always good to get a review off a gamer aswell that way you no that the games been played to its full extent.... Feel free to add me for boosting and so I can check your progress

Evil Chris 85