PDA

View Full Version : online achievements?

luuwat
01-02-2010, 02:35 AM
can anyone explain to me what is needed for the online achievements as the servers are closing in feb.

how long will it take to get the online ones.

i alrdy know that it takes 200+hours but i just need detail on the online chieves.

thesound
01-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Online Achievements:
Card trading is crucial to your success for filling up your album. Get used to looking for cards because you will be doing a lot of it. You get achievements for buying a card and selling a card. Just put a card up for the lowest amount. If you put a player instead of a Fitness card, you are more likely to get it sold quicker. Once you have sold a card (you can check in “Trade Status” menu), the achievement will unlock. The “Win a Ranked Game” is self-explanatory.

I'll help with achievements if anyone else is interested.

luuwat
01-03-2010, 03:42 AM
ok so its

buy card, sell card and win a ranked match

how hard is it to sell and buy a card?

Yojimbo28
01-03-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm speculating here, but probably almost all the people still playing Ultimate Team on UEFA Champions League 2006-07 are people like you trying to pick up those two achievements. They don't really care about their team, so you shouldn't have too much trouble having someone to make a deal with. I got the two card trading threads a long time ago when I was fooling around with the UT mode, but I didn't really like it, at least not until they got it right (for the most part) in FIFA 09. Anyway, I am still looking for the win an online ranked match achievement, so add me (Yojimbo28) as a friend if you want to get it done.

GLOCKGLOCK
01-03-2010, 07:06 AM
ok so its

buy card, sell card and win a ranked match

how hard is it to sell and buy a card?

Buying and selling cards are very easy. I checked last night and there were still alot of cards listed. Just search for any cheap card. You can probably find one of the Bronze Badges for sale for 10 credits.

Selling could be a bit more difficult, but I'm sure more people will be playing this in the next month. Just list any gold player card for the minimum and someone should buy it.

njoymgmt
01-04-2010, 12:11 AM
i guess my question is only these three achieves are online the rest can be obtained offline?

as i am confused by Hard achievement. you need all 49 balls. balls are very expensive and very rare in packs. If you find a cheap ball buy it. If you own it, resell it. someone will always buy it.

and a few others that say collect cards ect. :confused:

Yojimbo28
01-04-2010, 04:50 AM
i guess my question is only these three achieves are online the rest can be obtained offline?

as i am confused by Hard achievement. you need all 49 balls. balls are very expensive and very rare in packs. If you find a cheap ball buy it. If you own it, resell it. someone will always buy it.

and a few others that say collect cards ect. :confused:

yes, those are the only three that need to be obtained online, the rest you can do yourself. Collecting all the cards you need to get those achievements may be tough though without being able to buy and trade cards in the online marketplace. You'd just have to play a lot of games to save the credits to buy a lot of packs, and then you'll have to have some luck in getting the cards you need. I haven't been on this game in a while, so I have no idea what the online marketplace looks like now, but you might want to grab as many cards as you can before they shut that aspect of the game down. At least you can buy packs of cards without being online. For FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, you have to be connected to the EA servers to do anything.

St1ngr
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah i'm the same - looking to get these last three achievements before the server shuts down so if you wanna trade with me just give me a shout

Gamertag: St1ngr

Online most of the weekend and very eager to get these done!

KRS
01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I know it is kinda silly to worry about the 20GS that will be unachievable next month, especially considering I will probably never play this game enough to come anywhere near getting all the possible points. But something about the online ch33v0s going away makes me want to try for them.

I found where the cards were and played a match. I lost and earned no credits. So I tried the old "score on yourself and then switch sides" trick to no avail. Clearly I need to win a match to be able to buy a card and to have one to trade, but I am piss poor at soccer.

Any tips on an easy way to win a match or two? Would that be enough to buy/sell cards?

I'd like to boost the "win one ranked match" achievement with someone - can the halves be set to 2 minutes in ranked?

GT: Bees Tea Boys

onemorechanc
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
yes, those are the only three that need to be obtained online, the rest you can do yourself. Collecting all the cards you need to get those achievements may be tough though without being able to buy and trade cards in the online marketplace. You'd just have to play a lot of games to save the credits to buy a lot of packs, and then you'll have to have some luck in getting the cards you need. I haven't been on this game in a while, so I have no idea what the online marketplace looks like now, but you might want to grab as many cards as you can before they shut that aspect of the game down. At least you can buy packs of cards without being online. For FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, you have to be connected to the EA servers to do anything.

So all the card trading *must* be done online? Does anybody know if you can trade cards over system link, or are EA servers necessary?

I have this game, but have not starting playing yet. I picked up a cheap copy for a friend of mine, and if we can trade cards over a local lan that might make things go quicker.

GLOCKGLOCK
01-13-2010, 08:24 PM
So all the card trading *must* be done online? Does anybody know if you can trade cards over system link, or are EA servers necessary?

I have this game, but have not starting playing yet. I picked up a cheap copy for a friend of mine, and if we can trade cards over a local lan that might make things go quicker.

Well every trade has to be posted/purchased from the online trading system. So in essence you do not even know who you are trading with so I do not think you can trade cards in any way other than via XBL.

onemorechanc
01-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Well every trade has to be posted/purchased from the online trading system. So in essence you do not even know who you are trading with so I do not think you can trade cards in any way other than via XBL.

Thanks for the response ... it makes sense. I will have to throw this in and start playing before time runs out.

thesound
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry to whoever was messaging me on xbox live today. I deleted your message by accident and then couldn't remember your GT. If your still interested in trading achievements then message me again.