PDA

View Full Version : My wireless controller won't charge batteries.

evilspoons983
01-02-2010, 03:41 AM
Hello everyone. I've got a stupid problem here.

I bought a Xbox 360 Pro 60 GB around this time last year (Christmas sales). It's the one just before the low-power Jasper, I believe this makes it a Falcon. It came with one wireless controller. I did not use it; I was playing a lot of Forza 2 and preferred my wired controller, which I had from using my family's "media" Xbox 360 (for playing HD-DVDs) - so the wireless controller sat around unused.

I got a Play 'n' Charge kit for cheap about a month ago, and used it for a couple charges of the pack, no problem. Now it won't charge the battery at all. I thought it was the battery itself and was prepared to repair/RMA/whatever it, only I then tried it in the other 360's controller... and the other 360's controller charges it. Using my charge cable!!

I then put the known OK battery from the other controller into MINE, and it won't charge using either cable. To summarize: my controller is "A", my new battery is "1", my charge cable is "1" as well:

Controller A, battery 1, cable 1: no charge
Controller A, battery 1, cable 2: no charge
Controller A, battery 2, cable 1: no charge
Controller A, battery 2, cable 2: no charge
Controller B, battery 1, cable 1: charges!
Controller B, battery 1, cable 2: charges (duh)
... and so on.

So: my controller won't charge batteries any more. I should note it works perfectly otherwise (using a charged pack or AAs). What the hell? Any ideas? I'm sure my system is JUST out of warranty now (and I think accessories are 90 days anyway.)

xxJUSTINxx
01-02-2010, 03:49 AM
I've had this happen. Both Elite controllers started off fine then went dead. But I tried it in a normal white controller and it charges just fine. I swear, they build this shit to break after a few months / years.

RazerindemiX
01-02-2010, 09:09 AM
yep i also have had this in the past i had 3/4 newish batts fail or the light would say its charged when it was not so i opted for a different way to charge the batts so i tried the quick charger kit for two batterys i have had no probs with my 3 batterys since that was over a year ago

the play and charge kits are flawed in some way and f**k with your batteries
i would say DO NOT USE play & charge cus for some they dont

davhth4
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Simple = The play and charge kits suck and die randomly and they just dont last long without breaking. I have 3 controllers and 3 batterys and it refused to charge any of them now. The longer you own it the worse it will get.

I M1K3Y B I
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I had a similar sort of problem...

I bought 2 brand new batteries and my plug and play kit wouldn't charge them at all, the light would be red for a few seconds then it would go green. :(

So, I got a quick charge kit and have had no problems since, i would recommend doing the same. You can get them for about 15-18 :)