PDA

View Full Version : E74

Farnham
01-03-2010, 03:11 AM
:confused:Today after playing CoD MW2 i recieved the E74 error, which as i understand a video card issue (most likely fried). While playing the game i started to recieve alot of black "raindrops" on the textures, hours after finishing playing i recieved this message the next time i turned on my machine, any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated thanks.:confused:

p.s. great way to start the new year....:mad:

bapae
01-03-2010, 03:14 AM
The only way i know of fixing this is by sending it to microsoft. you shouldn't have any problems doing that unless you are out of warrenty.

Spawn Man
01-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Congrats, join the pissed off gamers club via my sig dude. Yeah I got this just before Christmas - I was getting weird blue and green "raindrops" or confetti as I like to call it, all over the screen and then the E74/Partial Red Ring Of Death an little while later.

Basically, there's no way you can fix it reliably - all I did was call Microsoft and if it's within 3 years of purchase, you can send it off free of charge for repair and you should get a repaired/special console back and a free subscription for 1 month of Gold LIVE.

However, I sent mine off before Christmas and the status of my repair hasn't changed, so I don't know if it's been received or what. I'm so pissed because it's over the holidays just before I start university and all my friends are online and I have three new games I'd like to try, but can I? Nope.

F**kin bullsh*t. :(

Nubz McPwnzr
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
The E74 was the cause of death in my latest xbox repair about 3 wks ago. As someone previously stated, call support and get it sent for repair. If you have any "luck(i guess)" they will just send you a new system in its place.

Retained
01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Only way of fix is send it in. This happened to my xbox a few months ago, I sent it in and they sent me a completely new xbox. Mine got received and they sent one back in about a week and a half, but you probably won't be as lucky as me and you'll probably have to wait 2-4 weeks like most people.

garyofdoom
01-04-2010, 12:56 AM
yeah mine was a 06 model and e74ed a week after warranty

Farnham
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
well thanks for all the help guys, ive requested a repair and thanks to the extended warranty it wont cost me anything but time... i just hope it comes back before the ea server's close (being in canada wont help me here), i got some cheevies to get on facebreaker before i can't get em anymore.