PDA

View Full Version : So ive finally upgraded my xbox hard drive

DDcup x
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
After a long long wait im now upgrading from a 20gb to a 60gb, now ive heard about this thing called the data transfer kit that you get free from M$ for transferring all my saves, DLC etc. except i cant find it anywhere on the site.
Can anyone help with this?

leeingham
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
it will take about 6 weeks apparently from MS to arrive. Quickest way I found was to buy a memory card from CEX or what ever. Copy all your game saves onto it. Dont worry about game downloads as you can get them again FOC from xbox.com

Once you have done the copying, put memory card into xbox, copy over. Return the memory card in the same day. Job done!

moshr666
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
if you can't find it. you can normally get 1 quite cheap on ebay

WackFiend
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
it will take about 6 weeks apparently from MS to arrive. Quickest way I found was to buy a memory card from CEX or what ever. Copy all your game saves onto it. Dont worry about game downloads as you can get them again FOC from xbox.com

Once you have done the copying, put memory card into xbox, copy over. Return the memory card in the same day. Job done!

This works fine for most things, but I know some game saves your machine will not allow you to move. I know Perfect Dark Zero is at least one of them. I haven't found many, but I know they exist.

vgfanatic1
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
if you can't find it. you can normally get 1 quite cheap on ebay

I wouldn't do that if I were you. I tried buying one twice, from two different top-rated sellers, and both times I didn't get the right item. Now I bought one from Microsoft, they said it would be like 2-3 weeks.

balance13
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
i've been wondering about thing I really need a new hard drive but I don't want to lose any of my saves or even my GT if that is possible.

Sizzlebuzz
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
i've been wondering about thing I really need a new hard drive but I don't want to lose any of my saves or even my GT if that is possible.

I have as well. Although I figured as long as I had my gamertag, it would all be fine?

Do you have to transfer the data from one hard drive to the other? Can't you just keep both and switch them out? I'm not really sure how this all works. And eventually, I will need more memory.