PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MW2 250G console.

DakidJose
01-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Okay, let me try to make this as clear as possible. My brother-in-law bought a new MW2 250G console during December but he didn't use it until New Years Day. He transferred the data from his 120G HD unto the new 250G HD when he first bought it, but he used the 250G HD with his old Elite.

He has two accounts on his HD. He has a Mexican account, which is his main account. It was made into a Mexican account because the email he used to create it had a Mexican region. It was a mistake that can't be fixed. Therefore, he couldn't use MS points to buy things with that account. He made a regular US account to buy stuff from the marketplace, and used his main account and plays that content. Even though the profiles he has are from different regions it stills let him play the DLC.

Now, here is the problem. He finally tried out his new console, but it didn't let him play any DLC with any profile other than the one who bought it. We put the 250G on back on the old Elite and it lets him play it with both accounts. It's not a HD problem, it's a console problem. We can't figure out why it doesn't play it with both accounts. We try to download the DLC again but it still didn't work. We change the region of the Xbox and we tried to clear the cache but nothing works. Any clue on how to solve this problem? Yes, I use the search function but didn't find anything.

This is not my problem. It's my brother-in-law's problem, so any suggestions you give might give won't be answer right away. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Stupid me! Should have known it was a license transfer. Feel free to erase this thread.

bapae
01-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Did he transfer the licenses for the DLC also because if not nobody that cant connect to xbox LIVE wont be able to use the DLC.

Here is a link on how to do it: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Hope this helps

gamerguy69
01-04-2010, 01:27 AM
This definitely sounds like a DRM issue. All the DLC he had previously purchased is tied to the console that his HDD was attached to at the time.

Now that he is using his MW2 console he needs to do the license transfer.

Search "license transfer" on the forum for more specific info.