PDA

View Full Version : Is the Apocalyptic difficulty, easy???

Tai2142
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I was thinking about start the game on the Hardest difficulty in the first time, because I don't want to play second or third playthroughs for achievements. Is the Hardest difficulty (Apocalyptic), easy??? Or Hard???
Thnx.

Motenai
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Weird question xD

It's actually harder than Open Season and Cars, but it's no way as difficult as Devil May Cry's hardest setting, Call of Duty's or Bayonetta's, to name some. Don't be a chicken and start on apocalyptic :-D

BTW, My advise is to track down as soon as you can the Abyssal Armor. That will make even apocalyptic a walk in the park.

ruin3d
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Weird question xD

It's actually harder than Open Season and Cars, but it's no way as difficult as Devil May Cry's hardest setting, Call of Duty's or Bayonetta's, to name some. Don't be a chicken and start on apocalyptic :-D

BTW, My advise is to track down as soon as you can the Abyssal Armor. That will make even apocalyptic a walk in the park.

As most bosses are puzzle based HP/damage don't really matter much in this game so Apocalyptic is pretty easy for most of it. However, the big enemies without a puzzle element are a bit harder. I struggled more with the skeletal knights with the hammers and the golemn creatures than with any boss

AOSKINS
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
From most reviews and Ruined's description it seems pretty obvious to start with Apocalyptic. Now off to wait on Gamefly.

Motenai
01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
As most bosses are puzzle based HP/damage don't really matter much in this game so Apocalyptic is pretty easy for most of it. However, the big enemies without a puzzle element are a bit harder. I struggled more with the skeletal knights with the hammers and the golemn creatures than with any boss

Moreover, most bosses can be killed with a single chaos transformation. What I found in some places is that I was pulling off from using the ability, just thinking to save it for better spots, when actually you can abuse it plenty of times whenever you find two or three big guys ahead. And it looks cool.

I had a great great time with this game, BTW. A nice surprise.

LSDragon
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
i'm bussy 4 abb a week (10 hrs ply total) with this game and i started right away on apocal.
Don't know how easy easy is, but apocal isn't hard.

Korobar
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Apocalyptic is not hard. Maybe for some Combat Achievements. First Playtrough on normal and now having the Abyss Armor and it's even easier than normal.