PDA

View Full Version : EA 800 MS Points Free Offer, help?

spearmintg
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I have used the search function, and when I press on forums on the offer nothing appears so here goes ... :)

I have downloaded two pieces of DLC for the EA MS points offer (buy three EA products off the XBLM and get 800 MS points), I need help though as firstly I am not sure which last piece of DLC I should purchase, secondly when does the offer end and lastly do I need to enter or press anything to get the points or do they automatically add on???

Cheers in advance!

AntagonisticChaos
01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I can't really advise you on what to get since that's a personal choice. I personally got the two Mass Effect ones and the Dragon Age Origin one.
As far as I know the deal ends tomorrow, and I believe that EA (or someone) will send you an e-mail after the deal has ended containing a code to reclaim your 800 points. If this information is incorrect I'm sure someone will correct me in a later post.

There's another thread here about whether points will be returned if you bought Battlefield 1943 when it was 560 points, so if you bought that then you might want to seek out that thread.

The Pants Party
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I got Dragon Age Warden's Keep, Madden Legacy and then the full 3 on 3 NHL game, which with the rebate was essentially free and took like 45 minutes to get the full 200.

I am assuming the points will simply be credited back to your account. I don't think you'll have to do anything at all. Never saw any info on that specifically, but that is how MSP rebates have worked in the past.

spearmintg
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Cheers for the info guys.

Well I have bought Warden's Keep and Battlefield 1943.

I don't understand what you mean about the 1943 thing though? :(

AntagonisticChaos
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I am assuming the points will simply be credited back to your account. I don't think you'll have to do anything at all. Never saw any info on that specifically, but that is how MSP rebates have worked in the past.

Fantastic, hope so, it means I don't even have to do anything. :)

Cheers for the info guys.

Well I have bought Warden's Keep and Battlefield 1943.

I don't understand what you mean about the 1943 thing though? :(

If you check out this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199294

Then there is some speculation that if you bought Battlefield 1943 on the day it was discounted, EA may not honour the return of the 800 points. However, as far as I know it is just speculation at the moment.

spearmintg
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Fantastic, hope so, it means I don't even have to do anything. :)

If you check out this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199294

Then there is some speculation that if you bought Battlefield 1943 on the day it was discounted, EA may not honour the return of the 800 points. However, as far as I know it is just speculation at the moment.

Wow if that thread is correct then that sucks big time. :/

Is this even if you buy 4 EA pieces of DLC?