PDA

View Full Version : Is Darksiders as good as they say?

Spawnus
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Since I live in the UK and will not be able to buy Darksiders till Friday I was wondering if the game is as good as the reviews say it is, I have watched the videos and the dev walkthroughs and the game does indeed look very fun and does remind me aspects of the Legend of Zelda games (Adverture wise).

Anything to do with Heaven and Hell beating the crap outta each other is a win in my book but what say you, the people who have played/completed it.

ruin3d
01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
i enjoyed it. I'm a big zelda and metroid geek so it is right up my street.

Korobar
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
It's a great game. Still playing it.

sepulturas666
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
i enjoyed it. I'm a big zelda and metroid geek so it is right up my street.

Same with me.Also this game reminds me alot to Soul Reaver 2. :)

But i am little disappointed. There is no replay value - no new game+, nothing for unlocking. :(
It's a sad, after i finished Bayonetta for 4th time and the game still has tons of stuff for unlocking.

Spawnus
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Wait did you just say it reminds you of Soul Reaver 2?

SOLD! I love the Legacy of Kain games, my all time fav saga.

marty da stooge
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
damnit, i should'nt have ordered it then! i hate zelda and those japanese RPGs. i thought you were a badass from heaven and you ride around on a steed and shoot zombies and crap (from the cover). I hope i can sell it on ebay fast!

Insanemaniak
01-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I ordered it from Game station for the comic but after reading the achievement guide on this (The OP said it took like 1 play through to get 1k) I canceled my order and I'm just going to rent it from Blockbuster.

This will end up being another AC2 to me. I loved the game with a passion but after I got 1 k in 2 days when my mate spent 45 pound on it as an early Christmas present, I felt sorry for her as I felt she had wasted her money.

I love LOK to extreme amounts. I recently just bought a PSOne and Soul Reaver 1 just because I love Raziel but I'm not willing to spend 45 pound (What it probably will cost as games have gone up yet again) on a 1 possibly 2 day game.

I'd say get it if you have the money to waste but as someone said above; no replay value. That's really not a good sign in a game.

LSDragon
01-05-2010, 06:28 AM
A bit overdue the hype (hahha). The game is'n't bad but the cam gets realy frustrated some times, and so does the aiming mode too (you'll notce this when fighting the ashboss.
I will gave this game a 7.5 rating out of 10.